X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Dazed and Confused to Reign of Fire to Killer Joe to DBC to True Detective shows immense range. Those characters could not be more different from one another. Even his cameo in WOWS stood out.

The characters are written differently so of course he has to play them differently, but he brings a lot of the same qualities in most of his roles also. George Clooney, Ben Affleck, even Keanu Reeves have played all kinds of characters, but they bring a lot of their own personal traits, and mannerisms to the role, which then makes it just look like they’re playing themselves again. Look at Brad Pitt in Snatch, then look at him in The Tree of Life, its almost shocking thats the same person playing those two characters. Dallas Buyers Club might be Matt’s closest performance to date in really making the audience believe he’s that character.

Just my opinion though, but personally I think he’s just hype right now.

I've seen people say Brad Pitt is Brad Pitt in every single film he's in. Jack Nicholson is apparently Jack Nicholson in every film he's in. I don't care. If I like the actor I like the actor, if I don't, I don't.

I just don’t see it, never have. He’s always been the country George Clooney to me, I only see Mcconaughey in his roles, he doesn’t have the ability to transform himself like the best of the best working today. Guys like mainstream A-listers Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Leo, Daniel Day Lewis etc…he can’t compare to.

Those guys are elite in my opinion, Mcconaughey isn’t.

I just see the same Mcconaughey in every performance, I would put him at the level as guys like George Clooney, and Ben Affleck. Good, but limited actors.

I disagree i used to hate him but after i saw TD and dallas buyers club that was it hes a great actor.

The characters are written differently so of course he has to play them differently, but he brings a lot of the same qualities in most of his roles also. George Clooney, Ben Affleck, even Keanu Reeves have played all kinds of characters, but they bring a lot of their own personal traits, and mannerisms to the role, which then makes it just look like they’re playing themselves again. Look at Brad Pitt in Snatch, then look at him in The Tree of Life, its almost shocking thats the same person playing those two characters. Dallas Buyers Club might be Matt’s closest performance to date in really making the audience believe he’s that character.

Just my opinion though, but personally I think he’s just hype right now.

:lol Yea you aren't going to win any support here by poop talking Matt, Turtle.. He earned and worked his way up to who he is more than most in Hollywood. By comparison Leo is everything you're talking **** on. He really was hyped up to an A-Lister overnight for Romeo and Juliet waaaaaaaaay before he had any good acting credits and then built his career on that hype. It's how he got into good movies. Mcconaughey is the exact opposite and overcame a bad wrap to prove he can hang alongside the best actors going.

How many times is Leo going to play a guy that made millions of dollars illegally? That's his past 3 movies and several others too like Catch Me. WOWS, Gatsby, Django...

But a-dev stated he didn't jump on the hate bandwagon for them? So how is he "missing out"?

Is watching there films?

Yeah I was just naming actors who I know it is (or has been in the recent past) popular to hate and saying I never hated them. In fact I generally love Tom Cruise films. The other two I will watch easily aswell. Haven't seen everything they're in but am not turned off by their presence.

Yeah I was just naming actors who I know it is (or has been in the recent past) popular to hate and saying I never hated them. In fact I generally love Tom Cruise films. The other two I will watch easily aswell. Haven't seen everything they're in but am not turned off by their presence.
I still get turned off by Affleck even though i know he got better Cruise is good when he wants to be.

Pturtle who is your favorite actor right now ?

Brad Pitt is

I never said Mcconaughey is a bad actor, just hyped up. I actually think Cruise and Affleck are far more talented than him, and while I’m not a big Leo fan, he’s a far better actor than Matt is in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cruise is terrific- very underrated actor- lately he's made good choices with his films..Edge of Tomorrow looks very very good.

Rg1n84w.jpg

YfpnB5i.gif

THANK YOU Clint! That says it ALL

Cruise is terrific- very underrated actor- lately he's made good choices with his films..Edge of Tomorrow looks very very good.

:hi5: :yess:

Never thought there was McConnaughey hate... So I never jumped :lol
*especially after seeing "Reign of Fire" on a big screen*

Well he does great box office for the most part so I knew I couldn't be alone. Cruise has done a big mix of films, many in my favourite genre of sci-fi. Great actor to watch, also you know it could well be him doing some of the extreme stunts. Yeah, I'll watch a film because he's in it.

Brad Pitt is one of the most overrated actors in existence IMO. Every role I've seen him in where he isn't just playing another version of himself, has been very lackluster.

IMO IMO IMO

Back