X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it was a joke that of course you got super defensive about.

Or do you really think Channing Tatum deserves recognition as a top actor. :lol

You're taking this movie so seriously you made an actual money bet with nam over it.

And it was a joke that of course you got super defensive about.

Or do you really think Channing Tatum deserves recognition as a top actor. :lol

No, I think he’s turning into a capable actor though, and I’m not really super sensitive about anything here, but its just weird to me that my excitement for this movie actually makes some members here upset. People are actually criticizing me because I only have positive things to say about the movie, was this happening in The Avengers thread before that movie was coming out? I doubt it.

Rg1n84w.jpg

YfpnB5i.gif

Ooooh, I bet ya wanna put an eyepatch on him dont ya snake....aghhh

You made a monetary bet against nam... :lol That's pretty sensitive to get to the point where you're betting money.

How does that make me super sensitive? That bet was made in all of good fun for me, raise the stakes and little while we’re all talking **** to each other. The loser pays for a movie ticket, thats nothing, most of us spend thousands of dollars on action figures and statues a year. I think you’re reaching a little bit :lol

We spend that money out of happiness that what we're buying brings us. You made a bet because you were so bum hurt that nam didn't think this movie was going to be the end all, be all of summer blockbusters. :lol Someone is reaching alright. And it's looking like you'll also be reaching for your wallet to pay him out in the near future given that latest Guardians trailer.

We spend that money out of happiness that what we're buying brings us. You made a bet because you were so bum hurt that nam didn't think this movie was going to be the end all, be all of summer blockbusters. :lol Someone is reaching alright. And it's looking like you'll also be reaching for your wallet to pay him out in the near future given that latest Guardians trailer.

I don’t think you know what the bet is :slap

What does the GOTG trailer have to do with the bet? I think you’re a bit salty because of the positive word of mouth so far.

I'll bet someone money that Chatum won't win the Oscar for Gambit. Shoot me a PM if interested.

The Oscars tend to sway how the public views actors for some reason, look at Matthew Mcconaughey, most of his career has been horrible, literally he’s the same in all his romantic comedies, he wins an Oscar, and now he’s making most people’s list as one of the greatest actors working today.

:lol You know Godzilla had the same score as X-Men before it came out, right? Check out the last 3 pages of the rate this movie thread and see how it's doing now.

Matt got praise well before he won the oscar, that's why he won it. Please show me Tatum's True Detective.

The Oscars tend to sway how the public views actors for some reason, look at Matthew Mcconaughey, most of his career has been horrible, literally he’s the same in all his romantic comedies, he wins an Oscar, and now he’s making most people’s list as one of the greatest actors working today.
I don't think the Oscars changed folks opinions on McConaghey so much as his choice of roles. I personally appreciated his ability way back in the day (Lone Star, Amistad, Frailty, even the dragon movie), and saw the crappy romantic comedies as cash in opportunities. I actually think Chatum is a bit underrated, but I haven't seen anything yet to suggest to me that he's anything special as an actor.

:lol You know Godzilla had the same score as X-Men before it came out, right? Check out the last 3 pages of the rate this movie thread and see how it's doing now.

Matt got praise well before he won the oscar, that's why he won it. Please show me Tatum's True Detective.

It could be Foxcatcher, Matt’s been in the game a long, long time and might have 3 performances that we can say are really good. In my opinion, he’s the male version Sandra Bullock right now, these oscars somehow tricked people into believing they’re great actors. I think so far he’s proven to be decent, but anyone these days can win an oscar.

DOFP could drop, but I don’t see it getting ASM2 scores.

:lol WUT? No dude. Matt is not Sandra Bullock.

You need to see more of his work like True Detective. Did you see Mud, WOWS? Killer Joe? Reign of Fire, Tropic Thunder...

:lol WUT? No dude. Matt is not Sandra Bullock.

You need to see more of his work like True Detective.

I thought the show was great, but he doesn’t crack my top 40 actors working today.

I don’t know other than Dallas Buyer’s Club, and True Detective, I just see him playing himself.

Mud really? He was playing himself man, that Sheriden kid was the standout in that movie.

Last edited:
I've seen one good Sandra Bullock performance in her career, and she won the Oscar for it. It is conceivable that Chatum would do the same, but McConaughey definitely had a sizable track record before winning. He just so happened to choose a lot of ****** movies along the way that distracted people from his abilities IMO.

Finally decided I'm gonna see this movie when it comes out, so many bashing it before its release, so I'll wade through the BS and come to my own conclusions it seems

I've seen one good Sandra Bullock performance in her career, and she won the Oscar for it. It is conceivable that Chatum would do the same, but McConaughey definitely had a sizable track record before winning. He just so happened to choose a lot of ****** movies along the way that distracted people from his abilities IMO.

I just don’t see it, never have. He’s always been the country George Clooney to me, I only see Mcconaughey in his roles, he doesn’t have the ability to transform himself like the best of the best working today. Guys like mainstream A-listers Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Jake Gyllenhaal, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Leo, Daniel Day Lewis etc…he can’t compare to.

Those guys are elite in my opinion, Mcconaughey isn’t.

I just see the same Mcconaughey in every performance, I would put him at the level as guys like George Clooney, and Ben Affleck. Good, but limited actors.

From Dazed and Confused to Reign of Fire to Killer Joe to DBC to True Detective shows immense range. Those characters could not be more different from one another. Even his cameo in WOWS stood out.

I haven't seen True Detective yet, but definitely agree with Deckard. I've seen him demonstrate more range than Leo Dicaprio, anyway. He's not DDL or Gary Oldman, but almost no one is.

Back