X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8418825.gif

:pfft:

:lol

Great post! But it also goes the opposite way too, people who "can't think outside the box" and can't accept a character's or storyline's cinematic portrayal if it doesn't EXACTLY match the comic book version.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

I’m also not fond of the bias on this forum. If DOFP turns out great, a bunch of members will still come in here and specifically talk about what they didn’t like in the film, go into TWS thread, non stop praise, and pretty much a flow of great conversations about the film. The Spidey and X-Men threads have to deal with constant trolling on a daily basis, but some people overlook that because they’re more focused on the members looking forward to these movies.

Great post! But it also goes the opposite way too, people who "can't think outside the box" and can't accept a character's or storyline's cinematic portrayal if it doesn't EXACTLY match the comic book version.

Thanks, but I wasn't referring to what version of a character someone prefers or doesn't prefer, I was referencing the fact that some people can't accept any criticism of a film they like. As Silrian said, he considers X2 to be the best Marvel movie yet, but he also has the capacity to recognize the franchise can be improved on. Once some people decide they like something it doesn't matter what, they're defending it like a zombie going for a fresh brain. :lol

:lol I considerate myself one of the more moderate critics here! I understand that creative liberties need be taken in order to translate a comic book on-screen and I'm not against that. But I will speak up when I think a movie's crew can "do better". X-Men's designs are case-in-point. I don't outright hate them, I don't even dislike them...but I think they can do better. But we know Singer likes a hint of "realism" in his costume designs and we've seen that translated throughout all the X-Men movies. But I don't need to constantly repeat myself page-after-page about how I "hate hate hate hate hate" the designs. I'm thrilled as comic book fans that we have SO MUCH going on for us right now. I can live with how the X-Men are being portrayed and I enjoy watching all the films!!!

I mean look at this, you have TWO films with Quicksilver! That's simply AWESOME that it's happening and within such a short span of time.

If you want to see how the characters would look directly translated from the comic book to a live-action movie, you all have plenty of cos-play galleries to check out.

Thanks, but I wasn't referring to what version of a character someone prefers or doesn't prefer, I was referencing the fact that some people can't accept any criticism of a film they like. As Silrian said, he considers X2 to be the best Marvel movie yet, but he also has the capacity to recognize the franchise can be improved on. Once some people decide they like something it doesn't matter what, they're defending it like a zombie going for a fresh brain. :lol

Cool! That's called "self-awareness" and those are the types of people I like to see around here! ;)

I’m also not fond of the bias on this forum. If DOFP turns out great, a bunch of members will still come in here and specifically talk about what they didn’t like in the film, go into TWS thread, non stop praise, and pretty much a flow of great conversations about the film. The Spidey and X-Men threads have to deal with constant trolling on a daily basis, but some people overlook that because they’re more focused on the members looking forward to these movies.

Almost as bad as brain dead bias claiming this movie to b 100% awesome before even seeing the flick. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I do my part, I give people Hawkeye without a fight :lol

Cool! That's called "self-awareness" and those are the types of people I like to see around here! ;)

Need waaaay more. These boards need an enema. :lol

A good example is that I liked MoS, but I agreed with someone that the tornado scene should have been replaced and was accused of being a 'troll' basically. So, my previous posts stating I liked the movie, saw it 3 times in the first week, and gave it a positive review were all out the window cause I dared think something could be improved upon.

Last edited:
Almost as bad as brain dead bias claiming this movie to b 100% awesome before even seeing the flick. :lol

I think you should look in the mirror when talking about a brain dead, go back and read what I said before you go into character. I said I’m 100% sure it’s going to be amazing, not perfect :slap

I think you should look in the mirror when talking about a brain dead zombie, go back and read what I said before you go into character. I said I’m 100% sure it’s going to be amazing, not perfect :slap

Did I say perfect? I typed the word awesome in, u must have an odd browser. :cuckoo: Its ok bro English is hard.

Did I say perfect? I typed the word awesome in, U must have an odd browser. :cuckoo: Its ok bro English is hard.

Like I said, look in a mirror bro :rotfl

Go back and read your statement, it doesn’t match up with what I said.

Like I said, look in a mirror bro :rotfl

Go back and read your statement, it doesn’t match up with what I said.

24/7 365....anytime I log in I have u here to entertain me. I don't know if you're a bot program or a shut in, but god bless you, turtle dude. :wink1:

There's only praise in the TWS thread because it was such a good movie. Nobody was blindly singing praises about Cap's Avengers costume. :lol ;)

In other words, if DOFP turns out to be awesome people will come around.

There's only praise in the TWS thread because it was such a good movie. Nobody was blindly singing praises about Cap's Avengers costume. :lol ;)

I hope, but you already have some people in here saying the movie looks awesome yet, they still want a reboot.

But if its bad, it doesn't matter, because your biased if you don't agree with Pturtle, you couldn't possibly have a different opinion, could you?

I'm thrilled as comic book fans that we have SO MUCH going on for us right now. I can live with how the X-Men are being portrayed and I enjoy watching all the films!!!

I mean look at this, you have TWO films with Quicksilver! That's simply AWESOME that it's happening and within such a short span of time.

:exactly: it is awesome seeing all these characters coming to the big screen, bottom line. I don't necessarily enjoy how everything is translated from comic to film but if it makes sense within the story I am game. I find the investment in the character more important than costume.

A current example is Electro's or Rhino's design in ASM2. I am not impressed with the translation but after I watch the movie should it work, I'll accept it. If it doesn't work, whatayado. Too many folks act as if they have personal stake in these films and they should enjoy them while their around.

The problem for me with Thor s that I don't like Hemsworth and I still find it ridiculous that they have a brittish accent, a failed attempt for me to come across more dignified. A scandanavian accent would've been way more authentic imoand I wouldve preffered a scandanavian actor.
Maybe that's why they cast Stellan Skarsgard as Selvig, to provide some legit Scandinavian talent to the cast.

Wait, Thor's supposed to be a god, and even in the real mithology, to the Scandinavians he's supposed to be everybody's god, and in the Marvel lore he is earth's protector, not just Sweden's :lol so why should he have a specific accent?

I get what he means, and I think a Scandinavian accent would have given him a bit more style, but I don't mind him having a British accent.

Wait, Thor's supposed to be a god, and even in the real mithology, to the Scandinavians he's supposed to be everybody's god, and in the Marvel lore he is earth's protector, not just Sweden's :lol so why should he have a specific accent?

I get what he means, and I think a Scandinavian accent would have given him a bit more style, but I don't mind him having a British accent.

That's a British accent? :lol

Back