X marks the spot! Xander's customs!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to have to agree with DA. This figure turned out FANTASTIC! That helmet sculpt is great. Weathering is awesome. I love it!

Thanks guys! He was a lot of fun...mostly:D I really can't wait to tackle more, especially with all the possibilities out there! It's waiting for them to come in that's going to be the real killer!

Finally finished Bacara!!!

Bacara1.jpg

Bacara2.jpg

Bacara-1.jpg

"Mission accomplished, My Lord."

Bacara3.jpg

That really is an awesome job! Congrats!

All look awesome- only question is with the Bacara - should he have the higher dome like you've done or should the ridge be taken off the helmet?

Excellant Bacara, nice shot of him holding Ki-Adi's lightsaber.

Thanks man! It was something I was toying with will waiting on the apoxie to set.

All look awesome- only question is with the Bacara - should he have the higher dome like you've done or should the ridge be taken off the helmet?

That confused me for a bit too. But most of the reference shots I could find the helmet seemed a bit taller. And since all Clones were CGIed there's no props to check either. :( In the end I think, or so I'd imagine that the modifications to Bacara's helmet are actually separate peices that are put on top of a regular helmet. Sort of a helmet on a helmet.

Last edited:
Been a little bored since I fiished Bacara so I finally put a Pred under the knife! I've modded most of the armor but can't fror the life of me figure out what color it should be. Not really to keene on glod. Anyway, I've still got a lot of ground to cover with the head, but here's a wip. Finally more clones will be here tomorrow so he may go hiatus for a little bit.

pred.jpg

Had to use the flash, mostly because I'm not in the mood to set up the lighting.

Nice work X.
Now that you've got some more clones coming in what do you have planned. Are you going to do another commander? I have a couple more coming in soon as well, not really sure who I am going to go with though.:confused:

Nice work X.
Now that you've got some more clones coming in what do you have planned. Are you going to do another commander? I have a couple more coming in soon as well, not really sure who I am going to go with though.:confused:

Hey, Ryan! I've been working on one the past couple of days. Having a heck of time as the reference images contradict the film so it's a little hit and miss. Lucky me! :rolleyes: I'm hoping to have done soon though.

I'm working off and on as far as the Pred goes. Probably shoulda held off on WiP until I had more done.

Another Clone Commander. I like the design on this guy, as he's got virtually now white showing. Kinda reminds me of a Clone version of Naked Snake! All of my referrences kept clashing, most noticibly the "back pack", so I went for what was most film accurate.

medigree1.jpg

medigree6.jpg

medigree5.jpg

medigree9.jpg

I remembered to take pics of his back this time. Still needs another detonator, appartantly the Commanders each carry two!:cool:

Last edited:
Wow, love it a ton. Mind if I ask you, what did you use for the pistol, holster and suspenders?

WOW! Once again great work. He looks spot on. That shot of Gree and Bacara is awesome. Can't wait to see what you make next.

Thanks guys! He's definitely become one of my favorites after all that I put into him. Still gotta repaint his shoulder straps grey though.

Mrhatrulez, the suspenders are just elastic strips that I painted. They are glued to two belt boxes in the front and two in the back as well as on the shoulders. The holster/gun is really just a prop, it's not functional. It was a Bond holster, the useless one from the Dr. No fig. resculpted a bit with a handle and trigger from another gun. I imagine he's got a pistol siimilar to those that Bly carries, but didn't want to fuss with the removeable bit as it might make the holster huge. Hope that helps!

I've still got a blank clone and not sure which Commander is next. Neyo is out as I hate the helmet, and he's to bland (white). Also wanted to stick in another shot of Gree from a different thread. I really like him posed with the speeder bike. Too bad he can't really ride it!:eek:

medigree7.jpg

Oh an hoipefully an update on the Pred tonight! I'm anxious to get that one going!!!

You sure have some rock hard customs there, Xander! Wow! The clones are fantastic! Personally, I prefer the slimmer look of the Medicom Stormtroopers over the 'fat' Marmits (except for the helmet), but yours look swell. Great work al together.

Hope you guys don't mind if I show a non 12 custom. This one more in the 6 inch scale, I think he's close to 7 inches tall. Made probably close to a year ago. It's my fourth Conan custom, annd definitely my favorite!

Conan the Cimmerian

Conanv47-1.jpg
Conanv44.jpg

Conanv43.jpg
Conanv42.jpg

Conanv41.jpg
Conanv49.jpg

In short, I loved the Mcfarlane Conan line, but hated that you couldn't really do anything with them!

Last edited:
Finally got ahold of a Hasbro X Wing Luke. I relaced the life support box with thinner elastic, boots are real leather (Ebay!), Maul's gloves with a little semi-gloss coat applied to give 'em a sheen. I know the gun belt doesn't really fit with the scene, but I'd already made it for a Hoth Luke that's currnently on hiatus. I really like the way it looks on him! Gun is a modified Hasbro DL44. Reapainted the head too.

Red51.jpg
Red5.jpg

Red52.jpg

Back