www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My payment to Peter was reversed today, so I got my $1500 back. I even got to keep the documents :D I'm glad that business is over with.

I've already purchased 3 of the 4 figures I never received, elsewhere, albeit at significantly higher prices.

My payment to Peter was reversed today, so I got my $1500 back. I even got to keep the documents :D I'm glad that business is over with.

I've already purchased 3 of the 4 figures I never received, elsewhere, albeit at significantly higher prices.

Delighted to see you got all your money back!

Keep an eye on the Commerce forums as some good deals pop up from time to time!

Was your deadline for the seller to respond today or yesterday? Did you have to call paypal or they automatically reversed the payment?

Paypal will never go out of pocket to settle a claim. They may close a claim because they can't recover the money from the "seller". But they'll usually tell you that.

A couple of years ago PayPal ate the cost of about $60 on my behalf as a seller when the buyer claimed he never received an item shipped to Brazil. The only proof of shipping that I had was a postal receipt, no digital tracking #. But I kept calling and hounding PayPal, so finally they reversed the reversed charges back into my account. I'm sure my good long record with them may have made a difference. Plus, I'm sure they were glad to get me off their back.

Was your deadline for the seller to respond today or yesterday? Did you have to call paypal or they automatically reversed the payment?

The deadline for the seller to respond to my claim, passed today. I didn't have to call PayPal, but I did send them a message with further details of the scam. I never heard back from them, but the payment was reversed anyway. I think the reversal is automatic if the seller don't dispute your claim within the deadline.

its better to pay a little more than to go through this BS

Just spent 2 days reading this thread from page 1 and holy ____ is this crazy. I remember when this was a few pages long a while ago and I checked out the site myself and those prices were just too good to be true and I didn't bother. I didn't share my opinion because I've been a member for quite some time but tend to find that whatever I'm looking for or to provide is already posted. But in this instance I gotta say fellas, how you couldn't tell there was something rotten in Denmark I don't know. Reading all this in order it was clear to me after Razor's very first post that he himself wasn't legit. After he halfway fessed up I dont understand how some of you still gave him the time of day to explain anything. PayPal was the only one you should've been in contact with if you were so fortunate to have paid through them. Classic scammer protocol is to buy time, there was never any meetings with a lawyer or a desire to get to the bottom of it. I was scammed on eBay many years ago after paying with a money order so I understand the frustration and the need for answers when you've been robbed but you gave this guy too many chances to keep bulls_itting you. I'm of the "go f__ yourself" variety when I've been wronged. Not the most tactful of maneuvers but I never believed he was trying to help you. Hopefully the authorities will deal with those involved and some of you will learn from this. We're all looking for the next best deal but places absolutely need to be properly vetted, there was some attempt at that early on in the thread but the prices and inventory was just too good for some of you to wait on. Scam heaven.

On a side note I don't assume to know anyone of you personally or even virtually on these boards but like anyone that's been a longtime member I am familiar with your screen names. There are always newbs on the boards but I've never seen the flood of newbs like I did when this one came up. Im not gonna bash you because you just joined as it sometimes goes here but like most of us I found this forum off the strength of one figure I saw elsewhere online that opened up the world of 1/6 collectibles to me. But off the strength of one store? That too was an alarming coincidence. I was once on a thread here where someone called me newb for some random reason without bothering to notice that I was a member long before they were, I just chose to browse more than post which is what they clearly based their membership worth on. Having said that, This new guy that ordered 24 figures at once made me suspicious as well. If I remember correctly he stated he recently got into the hobby. That's very possible but to just jump in and purchase 24 figs out of the blue to "create" a collection doesn't really add up to the way collectors actually collect even if their budgets grant them that luxury. Not calling him a liar outright but couldn't it also be possible that by seeing someone pull the trigger on $5000 worth of merchandise from HTOS it would further enhance the validity of the store? If I'm wrong so be it but a scam of this magnitude is never done alone and unfortunately for some of you it's made your stories suspect but what the hell do I know I just follow my gut.

Good luck to those waiting for refunds---no doubt it was hard earned money out of your pockets. To anyone involved in what would be any prosecutor's wet dream of a case....s_it has a way of catching up with you.

Last edited:
Where's my man golion ?!
Any news on your 24 Figures ? Received documents at least ?
5000$ is the highest amount paid to those pricks. Hope you get everything back bud.

Hey Zidane is that Chester Copperpot?

Just spent 2 days reading this thread from page 1 and holy ____ is this crazy. I remember when this was a few pages long a while ago and I checked out the site myself and those prices were just too good to be true and I didn't bother. I didn't share my opinion because I've been a member for quite some time but tend to find that whatever I'm looking for or to provide is already posted. But in this instance I gotta say fellas, how you couldn't tell there was something rotten in Denmark I don't know. Reading all this in order it was clear to me after Razor's very first post that he himself wasn't legit. After he halfway fessed up I dont understand how some of you still gave him the time of day to explain anything. PayPal was the only one you should've been in contact with if you were so fortunate to have paid through them. Classic scammer protocol is to buy time, there was never any meetings with a lawyer or a desire to get to the bottom of it. I was scammed on eBay many years ago after paying with a money order so I understand the frustration and the need for answers when you've been robbed but you gave this guy too many chances to keep bulls_itting you. I'm of the "go f__ yourself" variety when I've been wronged. Not the most tactful of maneuvers but I never believed he was trying to help you. Hopefully the authorities will deal with those involved and some of you will learn from this. We're all looking for the next best deal but places absolutely need to be properly vetted, there was some attempt at that early on in the thread but the prices and inventory was just too good for some of you to wait on. Scam heaven.

On a side note I don't assume to know anyone of you personally or even virtually on these boards but like anyone that's been a longtime member I am familiar with your screen names. There are always newbs on the boards but I've never seen the flood of newbs like I did when this one came up. Im not gonna bash you because you just joined as it sometimes goes here but like most of us I found this forum off the strength of one figure I saw elsewhere online that opened up the world of 1/6 collectibles to me. But off the strength of one store? That too was an alarming coincidence. I was once on a thread here where someone called me newb for some random reason without bothering to notice that I was a member long before they were, I just chose to browse more than post which is what they clearly based their membership worth on. Having said that, This new guy that ordered 24 figures at once made me suspicious as well. If I remember correctly he stated he recently got into the hobby. That's very possible but to just jump in and purchase 24 figs out of the blue to "create" a collection doesn't really add up to the way collectors actually collect even if their budgets grant them that luxury. Not calling him a liar outright but couldn't it also be possible that by seeing someone pull the trigger on $5000 worth of merchandise from HTOS it would further enhance the validity of the store? If I'm wrong so be it but a scam of this magnitude is never done alone and unfortunately for some of you it's made your stories suspect but what the hell do I know I just follow my gut.

Good luck to those waiting for refunds---no doubt it was hard earned money out of your pockets. To anyone involved in what would be any prosecutor's wet dream of a case....s_it has a way of catching up with you.

Where's my man golion ?!
Any news on your 24 Figures ? Received documents at least ?
5000$ is the highest amount paid to those pricks. Hope you get everything back bud.

I'm still here, my funds should be back in a few hours :clap
Still no updates on my packages of paper..
I had ordered a display cabinet a few weeks ago which had arrived, but it's a bit depressing as I was expecting to fill the cabinet with the figures :mad:..

I'm still here, my funds should be back in a few hours :clap
Still no updates on my packages of paper..
I had ordered a display cabinet a few weeks ago which had arrived, but it's a bit depressing as I was expecting to fill the cabinet with the figures :mad:..

I found Golion81 lives very close to me. Since he's new to the hobby, I've offered to show him some of my collection. Whenever I have time to show him of course. None of my stuff is displayed yet for lack of room. :)

I've received an email from Paypal stating that my refund would become effective in 5 days maximum. I purchased a Batman 1989 figure for 230$, according to Paypal that's the amount I will be refunded.

Hopefully everything goes well and I see the money in my account soon.

(We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.)

Finally I can put this behind.

Here's my one and only dealing with them....thank goodness it wasn't near as bad as some.

On Jan. 3, HT on-line had a sale with free shipping going on. I noticed the site after reading the forum here and being mentioned on another thread. I took advantage of the free shipping and my interest was spurred when I notice they accepted best offers. I was thinking it was more of a business/for sale site as opposed to taking offers....at any rate, gave it a shot.

I offered $60 less for the HT Black Widow.They accepted a day later and said I would receive an invoice within 48 hours. It took 6 days for the invoice and they said they would send a confirmation e-mail from their personal Pay Pal account. I thought it was odd and that it was coming from a "Leon Mario" and not a business-y name.

Paid on 1/9 and was told I would have item by 2/1. E-mailed them on 2/3 and they said to wait another week. I finally got the item on 2/11. I was suspicious and nervous, but the item came as described and was packed well.

Just my two cents. I am sorry to have read about the many unfortunate cases here.

Hmmm that's odd, we're you an established member on any other site ? Did they ask you how you heard of them ect. ?
I'm allergic to your name lol ;)

Did anyone who signed for an empty parcel or document shipped by EMS filed a claim with paypal and got his money back?

Back