WWE 12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watched a 52 minute video on youtube of wwe12's royal rumble-bit repetitive as u can only eliminate others in 2 basic ways-by pushing them.didnt see any variation i.e a gorilla press over the ropes etc

It's an excellent game. Well, in my opinion at least. I spent 2 hours making a wrestler, including entrances and movelist. The Creation mode is superb. The storyline makes no sense at times, but overall I love it so far.

ive seen/read various website/youtube reviews and its a mixed bag-complaints as per usual of glitches galore- wrestlers 'morphing' thru eachother and and other solid objects,freezing,clunky unsmooth wrestling action! im gonna pick up it as im gettin it for £22 and give it a try! will there be more DLC this game is missing the ultimate warrior and hogan!

will there be more DLC this game is missing the ultimate warrior and hogan!

Hogan probably won't be there as him and Vince aren't best buds at the moment. Hogan is actively working for the competition.

I had hopes Warrior would be there though. After over a decade of fighting, him and Vince have made up and he appeared in the last 2 legends games (both of which were crappy, I really want him to appear in a normal WWE game). He may be upcoming DLC like Macho Man is.

ive seen/read various website/youtube reviews and its a mixed bag-complaints as per usual of glitches galore- wrestlers 'morphing' thru eachother and and other solid objects,freezing,clunky unsmooth wrestling action! im gonna pick up it as im gettin it for £22 and give it a try! will there be more DLC this game is missing the ultimate warrior and hogan!
£22 ?! where!

£22 ?! where!

i had 2 gift vouchers for argos! i ended up getting it for £18 plus a free john morrision rockstar dvd!

games hard work! ive had to change it to easy and REVERSAL DOESNT WORK! no matter how frantically you press it!! computer just continually grapples and beats the crap out of u!

great presentation and the royal rumble is epic!

ive only tried universe mode and unlocked brock so far!

Got it early this afternoon. The reversals are a pain in the ass. Theres times where i can go for 2 minutes of not being able to do anything while i get irish whipped into the turnbuckle, put upside down in a tree of woe and then kicked for a bit... then repeated about 4-5 times.

And the managers are TOO bothersome in the matches. They add about 5 minutes to it while you go for pins before the ref ejects him.

Really enjoying it though.

it works a little better if u only press R2 when prompted ive worked out,yeah u can literally put the control pad down while u get ur arse handed to you and thats on EASY setting! u have to run away to have any chance of escaping the beating! i have lost most of the matches, so ive missed out so far on unlocking most things!

gonna play for the weekend then download the premium axxess pack i think.

wcw vs nwo revenge/wwe no mercy on N64 still the best ever wrestling games for gameplay afta all these years!

wcw vs nwo revenge/wwe no mercy on N64 still the best ever wrestling games for gameplay afta all these years!

I recently got to play them again, and they have not aged well.
They were great in their day, but that's were they belong.

WWE 12 is still not much of a departure from previous titles, but I do like stuff like the wake up taunts, especially for Randy Orton, or the Rock. Oh you can gorilla press out of the ring in the Royal Rumble. Also why is Sheamus in the United Kingdom, when he is from Dublin?

Picked this up at Target earlier in the week for $47. I only had a chance to play if for a little bit before I left town. I got back last night and was able to play for awhile. It is pretty fun! I see their servers aren't fixed yet which was disappointing. I wanted to be able to go on and download some of the great community CAW's so I don't have to make subpar ones on my own.

I'd say the Japanese game they were based on was even better. I spent so many hours on Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.:thud:

I recently got to play them again, and they have not aged well.
They were great in their day, but that's were they belong.

WWE 12 is still not much of a departure from previous titles, but I do like stuff like the wake up taunts, especially for Randy Orton, or the Rock. Oh you can gorilla press out of the ring in the Royal Rumble. Also why is Sheamus in the United Kingdom, when he is from Dublin?

Looks like the developers got confused not knowing that Ireland (with the exception of Northern Ireland) is not part of ok the United Kingdom! :slap

The game is fun! Though you tend to notice how lacking the WWE roster is when you see a lot of people you don't "care" for like Husky Harris, etc. Sorry, I'm an older wrestling fan so seeing a lack of guys like HBK, Nash, Hall, Stone Cold, The Rock, etc. on a video game roster is a little strange for me.

FYI - I haven't bought a WWE since "Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain!" so bare with me here. I have recently started watching the WWE again mostly because the characters have begun to get interesting again. Though none I feel are yet to the level of wrestlers of the past and the "Attitude Era", I read good things about WWE'12 and decided to check it out.

The flow is better, I've never been a real big fan of Yuke's and their development techniques but I can see how it can show that AKI's line of WCW and WWE N64 games haven't aged well and probably won't work great nowadays. Those games are the pinnacle of wrestling games in my opinion.

I do agree that perhaps some things do need to be refined a little, perhaps a larger "reversal" window or the option to make so. I wish there was better instruction on which grapple direction did which move instead of always having to duck into the superstar edit. You should be able to just hit "Pause" and look into a movelist much like you do with Fighting games. Collision detection does need to be worked on a little perhaps a patch will happen soon.

Looking forward to the DLC! I'm hearing some of the WWE Legends going to be included on that!

really enjoying this game now im used to it! the reversal thing does work well once u get used to only using it when prompted rather than continuosly bashing R2-just needs roddy piper,hart foundation,british bulldog,ultimate warrior and hogan as DLC and itd be almost complete!

just one question-where do i go to take part in the 'outsiders story' line? is it in universe mode or the 'road to wrsetlmania' option?

ive read about hero/villian cut scenes that i have to watch,so does that mean i have to create a wrestler hero to take part in the story properly? who is jacob cass??
cos at present ive only been allowed to use crappy wrestlers who i dont like-shamus to be precise

Last edited:
really enjoying this game now im used to it! the reversal thing does work well once u get used to only using it when prompted rather than continuosly bashing R2-just needs roddy piper,hart foundation,british bulldog,ultimate warrior and hogan as DLC and itd be almost complete!

just one question-where do i go to take part in the 'outsiders story' line? is it in universe mode or the 'road to wrsetlmania' option?

ive read about hero/villian cut scenes that i have to watch,so does that mean i have to create a wrestler hero to take part in the story properly? who is jacob cass??
cos at present ive only been allowed to use crappy wrestlers who i dont like-shamus to be precise

Shamus is the "villain" character path for Road to Wrestlemania. The Outsider mode is the HHH storyline and Jacob Cass is the CAW storyline for Road. I haven't played, but I heard about it.

You have to play through the Villain mode to get to the outsider mode. You can however buy the DLC pack and that will allow you to unlock everything without playing all the way through

cheers dino/guys for the info-yes have just moved onto the outsider story!
bit annoyed online play is still down as i really want to download those ultimate warrior/hulk hogan caws!

uncovering new things all the time-flaming tables,RKO's off ladders,super kicking someone out of a rumble! quality stuff!

those little things make all the diffrence!

a few adjustments/improvements here and there is all thats needed!

Game looks good. I might grab it later, but the lack of legends makes it meh.

This is how Legends of Wrestlemania should have been done. What a POS that was.

ive downloaded jake the snake,hulk hogan,ultimate warrior,goldberg,mr perfect,kurt angle,million dollar man,british bulldog CAWS! they are brilliant!!

Back