Wor-Gar's CUSTOM Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love it if you could pass along any specifics (PM maybe) of what exactly you did (that you can remember) to your Chewie. Exactly the look I'd like to style mine into.

:chew

Awesome rarities you got there man.....:drool

Goldfingeratsunset5.jpg

:rolleyes:

This Goldfinger is by far one of the most realistic i've seen in 1/6 and that's judging just from a picture.

I bet it looks just jaw dropping in person!!

Thanks guys! As Goldfinger is my newest creation, he is my favorite right now. And yeah, I'm very happy he came out as well as he did.

Orbitingx - yeah that picture came out freaky realistic considering the scale. That's a total tribute to Les Walker's artistry -- incidently, this Goldfinger sculpt was the very FIRST item I ever had painted by the master.

Gruff - yep, that's tubby Goring, whose body creates real problems for fitting standard clothing, so yes I did have to do some re-sewing to the clothing here and there to get it to fit. I actually added gold fabric sections to the waistline of the vest at the sides for his additional girth. An unseen extra detail of GOLD! Can you say 'obsessive'? :lol

And DarthNeil - on Chewbacca I really approached it like I was styling my own hair; I used water, gel, hairspray - everything I could to get that "shaggy" look. And most important, I spent a lot of time FUTZING, finger-placing strands of hair at a time. It's tedious but the improvement is rewarding. There's no simple rule. Just give it a go, try a leg first until you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
And DarthNeil - on Chewbacca I really approached it like I was styling my own hair; I used water, gel, hairspray - everything I could to get that "shaggy" look. And most important, I spent a lot of time FUTZING, finger-placing strands of hair at a time. It's tedious but the improvement is rewarding. There's no simple rule. Just give it a go, try a leg first until you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the advice--- I'll give it a go and let you know how things progress-- and I might try and score some of those items for a similar Goldfinger as I've got mine on a Goring body as well (with the clothes to be used).

Not sure my first picture of BLOFELD did the amazing sculpt (Spenser) and paintwork (Les) any justice, so here's a better one.

Watch close, it changes:

Blofeld2-lightGIF.gif

A day-to-night Wor-GIF. :)

Nicely done!! And shows just how important light is for showcasing these figures. :rock

True dat. Thanks!

I couldn't decide which picture showed off the sculpt and paint better so I did both in one pic. I still need a body that is better scaled for him, and I think the collar is a bit oversized, so...more work to do.

Always more work to do. :)

Fantastic stuff Wor

Love the Goldfinger and Blofeld

Ive been working on some customs myself - 3 repaints and parts build (like yourself I scrounge parts and paint a bit)

The 3 repaints have all be done before - I was inspired to repaint mine by seeing them on these boards

Fantastic stuff Wor

Love the Goldfinger and Blofeld

Ive been working on some customs myself - 3 repaints and parts build (like yourself I scrounge parts and paint a bit)

The 3 repaints have all be done before - I was inspired to repaint mine by seeing them on these boards

Thanks Mooncat!

Nothing wrong with scrounging for parts, we all scrounge for parts here, even the pros like Les and Josh and Mikey and Hurricane and Darren...few of us are actual tailors when it comes to 1/6th clothing.

"Scrounging" is an important part of customizing; trying to find that perfect piece of the outfit that will really bring a figure to life. It's not a skill like sculpting or painting, but it does require a good eye and patience.

I haven't painted in years (since I did garage kits) and I've never tried to sculpt, so the only real fun I can have is the hunt for costume parts, and the futzing once it all comes together.

I'm in a BOND mood lately...

Just a conversion of the Moonraker JAWS I did last night.

Original JAWS..................................................JAWS from "Spy Who Loved Me":

Jaws1.jpg
Jawscomplete2.jpg

I always preferred the blue jacket, gray pants outfit for this 'water' villain:

Recipe: Double-breasted jacket is from the Larry Talbot I believe, bleached and dyed blue, silver buttons added, new tie (from FDR), original brown pants dyed charcoal gray. Of course, my NEW Jaws still needs some futzing.

Thanks to Paul Carson for the SS Jaws, and the wonderful 'arm-surgery' conversion he did to eliminate the monkey arms. :rock

Damn nice work WG! Another Wor-Gar OOAK Killer Bond Custom!

Those arms do make a big difference. He looks great! :clap :D

Very nice Greg! Love what you've done to Jaws, really makes that figure look a LOT better.

I agree with you on the parts gathering, it's quite an undertaking and sometimes it can take a loooong time to gather all the parts you need. Hell, my T1 Terminator and Rorschach are taking me quite a while to complete. Once you have an eye for it, that's a fantastic skill and a major part of customizing.

You certainly have a knack for it, a lot of stuff you've put together I can't guess where the parts came from. :duff

Thanks Josh! Comments like that, coming from whom I consider a master customizer on all fronts, really makes me feel proud. Thank you.

One last "futz" -- I decided to cut the original Jaws hands off their forearms and add them to the pegs Paul Carson supplied. I got Jaws from Paul and he had replaced the monkey-armed forearms for a more accurate lengthed forearm. Although it's a slight difference, the original Jaws hands are just bigger and thicker and seem to make him more... Jaws-like with the open groping grip.

Final JAWS futzed and posed:

JawsFINAL3a.jpg
JawsFINAL1.jpg

:)

And a compare of the SS Moonraker JAWS.....and my Spy Who Loved Me JAWS:

originalJawsmoonraker.jpg
JawsFINAL7.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP! If he had looked like this from the get go, I may have tried to get one. You did it Greg! That guy looks super! Beautiful dye work! Dead on colors! Amazing. You need to share that recipe. The dye one that is. I am not sure how you got the coat so exactly.
Perfect figure. Where's Bond to go with him? :D
For that matter, we need the Russian agent BADLY now. :monkey5

Now, just build a full out 1/6 Abu Simbel temple for him to stalk Bond in, right there in your kitchen, and that will be tops! :rock

:D

Thanks Les! That's high praise indeed, thank you very much. I posted the recipe at my first Jaws picture post -- just used Rit blue dye.

So I'm on to another project now -- one that's been waiting for me to catch up with everyone else here for a long time...

HICKS...

Hickscomplete5adj.jpg
Hickscomplete6adj.jpg

Back