Wondercon 2013 in Anaheim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys,
I'm starting to look into the get-together. Last year we went to Ralph Brennan's at Downtown Disney, we can do the same this year or maybe a different place. But please post if you're interested in going so we can start a roll call.
Most likely it will be on Saturday 30th for dinner and some drinks!
:duff

I hope it doesn't rain that weekend. Last year I got stuck parking away from the entrance. i hade a number of prints and sketches I bought and had to wait out the rain to put them in my car.

Also hope it is bigger than last year. I wonder if they will use more of the convention floor space this time or if it will be limited to same section.

We'll be there all three days, but I'll be with my Wife and 6 year old Son. So I doubt I'll be doing dinner and drinks.

Another note, a preview of the schedule was released today. Not a whole lot, but my Son and I will both be stoked to see the world premiere of the Lego Batman DC Superheroes movie!

https://www.comic-con.org/toucan/wondercon-anaheim-panel-sneak-peek-part-one

Fingers are crossed for at least one super hero movie panel.......maybe Wolverine???

Just read an article that pointed out that Marvel is not a listed vendor at Wondercon.

Seriously, NO Marvel booth? I'm choosing not to believe it.

Marvel was always absent from Wondercon, to my recollection. At least on the con floor. It has been awhile since I've been though...

They had a booth last year. Nothing terribly exciting, but a huge Avengers poster with a big Cap shield so you could take your photo in front of it.

FuryStorm - I thought I saw a "how to build an R2 unit" something or other on Friday. :)

Thanks! Yep, I see it, at 4:30. That's great and there are some top builders involved, and even Don Post. This will be great. And I'm very happy that it's not first thing in the day, because I was planning on rolling in around 1 pm anyway...

fury = :D

I'll be there Fri/Sat/Sun with my Wife and 6 year old Son. I know there was talk of a get together in this thread at a restaurant/bar for Sat night, but I wouldn't be attending that....at least not likely unless my family wants me to ditch them for the night. ;)

I could possibly meet later in the evening maybe 9-10 but likely not dinner time.

Ha, Clark Gregg just confirmed on Twitter that he'll be at Wondercon (Much Ado About Nothing panel on Sunday morning).

I'd give my left arm to get a photo of him with my Son in his Captain America costume.

Las year we got together around 8 if i remember correctly... late dinner and drinks...
No particular place has been picked yet...

I am really excited about the Pacific Rim panel! :rock!

I'm really disappointed in the movie panels, I was SO hoping for at least one super hero movie panel (Man of Steel, Wolverine, Spiderman, something). PacRim is probably the only movie panel we'll see.

I'm really disappointed in the movie panels, I was SO hoping for at least one super hero movie panel (Man of Steel, Wolverine, Spiderman, something). PacRim is probably the only movie panel we'll see.

Yeah me too... Only Pacific Rim and Evil Dead pretty much... I wasn't expecting any of the big movies, but at least a couple of more

What are the exclusives?
Will SSC be there?

I haven't heard much regarding exclusives...
Sideshow won't be there, they only do ComicCon

Back