Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to like it but found it long and poorly paced. Wasn't really into the storyline they went with and nodded off a few times.

The positives for me - the music, a joyous opening sequence and Gadot looking pretty fantastic in the role. And generally some really stunning visuals throughout the film.

It might improve for me on a second viewing down the line.

I don’t get the ending. Max takes the helicopter back to Washington, somehow finds his son near a field when he was last seen near a road somewhere. Then he just walks away. Doesn’t he still have the stone? Can’t he do this all over again if he wants to? Cheeta just goes back to her ordinary life? This movie should be called Wonder Woman: No Harm, No Foul.

I don?t get the ending. Max takes the helicopter back to Washington, somehow finds his son near a field when he was last seen near a road somewhere. Then he just walks away. Doesn?t he still have the stone? Can?t he do this all over again if he wants to? Cheeta just goes back to her ordinary life? This movie should be called Wonder Woman: No Harm, No Foul.

I think he stopped himself from being the stone, but everybody in the world still had to undo their wish? It didn't show Cheeta undoing her wish, and she made 2 wishes, so maybe turning into a Cat lady was undone, not the superpower wish??

I mean we only had 150 minutes to tell this story, and we had to focus several minutes on a character learning to fly, after she makes an invisible flying jet, so she can fly to a costume that allows her to fly and is resistant to guns and axes, but vulnerable to super-powered beings...

I found it pretty hilariously bad. Poor pacing, poor script, bad plot. Gal still fits the role perfectly. I hope they give her one more movie and do it justice. Really unfortunate as I REALLY was looking forward to this and wanted to like it so much. I may pass on gold armor collectibles after watching the movie...

I wanted to like it but found it long and poorly paced. Wasn't really into the storyline they went with and nodded off a few times.

The positives for me - the music, a joyous opening sequence and Gadot looking pretty fantastic in the role. And generally some really stunning visuals throughout the film.

It might improve for me on a second viewing down the line.

I found it pretty hilariously bad. Poor pacing, poor script, bad plot. Gal still fits the role perfectly. I hope they give her one more movie and do it justice. Really unfortunate as I REALLY was looking forward to this and wanted to like it so much. I may pass on gold armor collectibles after watching the movie...

Agree completely with all of this. I did think Wiig was actually a pleasant surprise for the role. I thought that would've been a huge miss, but the story should have revolved around her and WW instead of her being more of a throw in as a villain.

It seems DC/WB have a hard time making audiences and critics happy, even with all the extra time they had to make this film. Meanwhile the MCU can spit out Antman or Capt Marvel and get better reception. :dunno

I haven't really cared for this since it was announced, as Diana was supposed to have withdrawn from humanity between WW and BvS. Was there any attempt to explain that away?

It seems DC/WB have a hard time making audiences and critics happy, even with all the extra time they had to make this film. Meanwhile the MCU can spit out Antman or Capt Marvel and get better reception. :dunno

Yeah, the community had zero issues with their reception Captain Marvel. I didn't see mountains of controversy around here.... Clown, please lets get back to reality now.

Yeah, I agree some of the marvel movies feel at times a bit too safe, generic, and avoid risks to make a solid blockbuster instead of a good one (though when they take risks, it generally turns into gold.)

But this movie, just seemed a bit like a mess. I mean some good stuff in here, but weird shifts in tones, a villain who was well acted, but underbaked. A cheetah villain that felt forced in. Some iffy CGI in places, and as I mentioned earlier in the Hot Toys area, Cheetah's glasses had green screen reflecting on them to a painful degree. I stopped and rewound the movie twice before I realize it was a green screen element they just left in her glasses.

Yeah, the community had zero issues with their reception Captain Marvel. I didn't see mountains of controversy around here.... Clown, please lets get back to reality now.

Yeah, I agree some of the marvel movies feel at times a bit too safe, generic, and avoid risks to make a solid blockbuster instead of a good one (though when they take risks, it generally turns into gold.)

But this movie, just seemed a bit like a mess. I mean some good stuff in here, but weird shifts in tones, a villain who was well acted, but underbaked. A cheetah villain that felt forced in. Some iffy CGI in places, and as I mentioned earlier in the Hot Toys area, Cheetah's glasses had green screen reflecting on them to a painful degree. I stopped and rewound the movie twice before I realize it was a green screen element they just left in her glasses.

You have a Marvel avatar thingy. I can't trust you. :lol

Screenshot (15922).jpg
Jesus I just can't get over how ****** this thing was. (actual screen grab - sleep well)

I will agree about the CGI. The end battle with Cheetah I wasn't bothered by, but that entire desert highway sequence looked incredibly unfinished, and like something out of Matrix Reloaded from 17 years ago.

I suppose some of that may have been intentional, to fit with the cheesy 80s style and some of the more outlandish action beats (like surfing on a metal plate or lassoing a missile), but it still stood out much more than it needed to I think.

And I wish these movies would take a page from the CW Flash already when it came to the running effects. Somehow they still seem to do it better than anyone else.

Just got back from a screening, was pretty packed for a Sunday night. Unfortunately a big let down after the first one. I didn't hate it but really disappointing story let it down, bit like Suicide Squad for me. I felt like they wanted an angle to get Steve back in the movie and then came up with this.
Had a few moments of brilliance that reminded me why the first one was so good. But not enough, 5/10 for me which my brother says is very generous, he gave it a 1. Such a shame, I want DC to rival Marvel but its just not going to happen. They are in a mess.

Just got back from a screening, was pretty packed for a Sunday night. Unfortunately a big let down after the first one. I didn't hate it but really disappointing story let it down, bit like Suicide Squad for me. I felt like they wanted an angle to get Steve back in the movie and then came up with this.
Had a few moments of brilliance that reminded me why the first one was so good. But not enough, 5/10 for me which my brother says is very generous, he gave it a 1. Such a shame, I want DC to rival Marvel but its just not going to happen. They are in a mess.

The movie kind of celebrates not making sense too, which for modern moviegoers we just don't like a ton. Like the mcguffin only works if you holding it and verbally say your wish, and then WW grabs it and doesn't actually say her wish, but still works, and then by the end of the movie you just have to say it without touching it. At least in other movies, magic items have some type of rules that make it interesting. Here they change the rules by the minute, and that is no longer acceptable because modern comic book movies we expect to treat its audience with some respect.

Last edited:
Back