Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would think for the trailer they would use the two best CGI shots they had of Cheetah. If that's the best they got, then this movie would do well to just stream and be done with it.

Are people here still amped for this?

Both this and Black Widow don't seem like theatrical outings to me anymore. Streaming is the way of these.

I think Cheetah looked ok. Not sure what more they can do its a human cheetah hybrid.

Cheetahs have such a specific look; if you wanted to make her a better looking, more accurate hybrid you wind up with a Thundercat. :lol

Black Widow looks like a typical fun Marvel outing; WW84 I?m not so sure about. It does feel more stream-y than film-y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could really get the Opening Day streaming thing going with movies like Wonder Woman and Black Widow and Tenet... if they'd just give up on the theatrical dream and start trying to price Opening Night streaming, then Opening Weekend, then First Week, then regular pricing for the first month, then reduced pricing for the remaining.

It is inevitable.

I think Cheetah looked ok. Not sure what more they can do its a human cheetah hybrid.

There's so many ways to go with a hybrid. Just look at the inventive crew of Davy Jones for many examples.

But its not just the very basic (and obvious) design that is uninteresting and pedestrian... its also the lousy CGI (at least in the trailer).

They could really get the Opening Day streaming thing going with movies like Wonder Woman and Black Widow and Tenet... if they'd just give up on the theatrical dream and start trying to price Opening Night streaming, then Opening Weekend, then First Week, then regular pricing for the first month, then reduced pricing for the remaining.

It is inevitable.

Streaming pricing is so very critical to get right for the studios because:

If 5 people from a single family household wants to go watch a movie at the cinema they will each need to buy a $15 ticket.

But if that same 5 people from the same household want to stream it opening night just a SINGLE payment will be required from that household AND THEN that household invites 5 other friends to come over and watch it opening night.

Studios need to get their pricing just right but how would they control how many people under a single payment could watch under that single payment.

Seems to me they would really need to set that opening weekend price really high, no.

Last edited:
Streaming pricing is so very critical to get right for the studios because:

If 5 people from a single family household wants to go watch a movie at the cinema they will each need to buy a $15 ticket.

But if that same 5 people from the same household want to stream it opening night just a SINGLE payment will be required from that household AND THEN that household invites 5 other friends to come over and watch it opening night.

Studios need to get their pricing just right but how would they control how many people under a single payment could watch under that single payment.

Yes of course, but you just gave a pretty good formula.

The bigger problem will be piracy. How to keep the kids from recording it somehow or just recording it off their 75inch tv and passing it around to friends.

But Hollywood is going to have to do it, one way or another. The amount of extra money coming in from people who would not have gone to the theater should balance out the frat parties and other situations. Most families and adult couples likely won't have too many people over to watch a movie. Perhaps for huge event movies, but then you'll have nearly all households buying a ticket.

I think the point would not be how much can we gouge but how low can we price so that we get everyone, including people not inclined to see this movie.

Pricing needs to also be according to movie.

Avengers 12 will cost more to watch then the latest Woody Allen movie.

There are some movies that do not require a big screen or theatrical experience, in fact most movies fall into this category. Only a few 'summer' movies really would be priced very high because of the hype.

But lets say a Woody Allen movie gets 15% of movie-going people into the movie theater... but on pay-per-view/streaming he might draw 35-45% because of convenience and price. So the money they lose on extra visitors sneaking a watch they will certainly more than make up for in overall revenue because of the added audience.

Also, its costs next to nothing to stream, so they save money there AND you can keep your streaming run up for a year at no cost whereas its expensive to run a theatrical film for just 3 months.

Yes of course, but you just gave a pretty good formula.

The bigger problem will be piracy. How to keep the kids from recording it somehow or just recording it off their 75inch tv and passing it around to friends.

But Hollywood is going to have to do it, one way or another. The amount of extra money coming in from people who would not have gone to the theater should balance out the frat parties and other situations. Most families and adult couples likely won't have too many people over to watch a movie. Perhaps for huge event movies, but then you'll have nearly all households buying a ticket.

I think the point would not be how much can we gouge but how low can we price so that we get everyone, including people not inclined to see this movie.

Pricing needs to also be according to movie.

Avengers 12 will cost more to watch then the latest Woody Allen movie.

There are some movies that do not require a big screen or theatrical experience, in fact most movies fall into this category. Only a few 'summer' movies really would be priced very high because of the hype.

But lets say a Woody Allen movie gets 15% of movie-going people into the movie theater... but on pay-per-view/streaming he might draw 35-45% because of convenience and price. So the money they lose on extra visitors sneaking a watch they will certainly more than make up for in overall revenue because of the added audience.

Also, its costs next to nothing to stream, so they save money there AND you can keep your streaming run up for a year at no cost whereas its expensive to run a theatrical film for just 3 months.

The Snyder cut should hopefully get Warner Media an additional 100 subscribers 101 if Ray Fisher’s sister also signs up for it lol

Swinging on lightning? Um, okay. Not the most practical way to travel but it looked cool enough I guess, lol.

Lightning travels so fast that she would be slinging at the speed of light almost. Yet as she is swinging, she is moving and thrusting along... how does she have time for that movement?

Lightning travels so fast that she would be slinging at the speed of light almost. Yet as she is swinging, she is moving and thrusting along... how does she have time for that movement?

She mother of Jebus.
Who cares....its a movie.
How does Thor summon thunder through a hammer

She mother of Jebus.
Who cares....its a movie.
How does Thor summon thunder through a hammer

He doesn't … the power was within him all along.
"Are you Thor, the God of Hammers? That hammer was to help you control your power, to focus it. It was never your source of strength."

Oh wait … you were just making a joke. Never mind.

;)

And apparently that Lasso of Hestia can be as long as it needs to, despite it being maybe 20 feet tops when it's coiled up on her hip. It's like the endless handkerchief trick - and she's not even wearing sleeves! No wonder Steve blew himself up in the first movie - he probably figured he'd never "measured up" in Diana's eyes with that thing around. :lol

She doesnt just swing on lightning in the trailer she swings off the clouds too Lol. Why not just make her fly like in the comics? Yes lightning would be gone by the time her lasso hit it, there would be nothing left to swing on. The clouds have no substance to latch on too, so having her lasso latch onto them is also dumb as ****. It reminds me of the old ps3 activision spiderman games where his web would just latch on to thin air as you swung around new york. No buildings required

And apparently that Lasso of Hestia can be as long as it needs to, despite it being maybe 20 feet tops when it's coiled up on her hip. It's like the endless handkerchief trick - and she's not even wearing sleeves! No wonder Steve blew himself up in the first movie - he probably figured he'd never "measured up" in Diana's eyes with that thing around. :lol

Well the lasso is magic its not a practical hempen rope so it's not out of this world that a lasso that compels people to say the truth, repels bullets can increase in size.

Well the lasso is magic its not a practical hempen rope so it's not out of this world that a lasso that compels people to say the truth, repels bullets can increase in size.

Ok, I suppose I can buy that - it did seem to vary its length in the first movie too, especially when she was battling Ares.

I did chuckle with your use of the highlighted phrases in the same sentence. Ummm, wait a second.... :lol

Ok, I suppose I can buy that - it did seem to vary its length in the first movie too, especially when she was battling Ares.

I did chuckle with your use of the highlighted phrases in the same sentence. Ummm, wait a second.... :lol

Ye it was meant to be a tad funny.

Also at least with me i get we have the comics but i do accept the movie may change a few things so it fits the big screen. Marvel does this well you cant just copy the comics and put them on the big screen so if the lasso changes size in the movie and not in the comics as long as it adds to the story i am ok with that.

Ye it was meant to be a tad funny.

Also at least with me i get we have the comics but i do accept the movie may change a few things so it fits the big screen. Marvel does this well you cant just copy the comics and put them on the big screen so if the lasso changes size in the movie and not in the comics as long as it adds to the story i am ok with that.

Yes, I can go along with the magic lasso changing length much easier than her swinging from lightning - that's just bat**** crazy. :lol I mean, what if there's never a 2nd lightning strike? She's just SOL? Maybe if (like Thor's hammer) her lasso was actually summoning the lightning it wouldn't seem so silly, but then I suppose everyone would complain about giving her Thor/Storm powers.

Yes, I can go along with the magic lasso changing length much easier than her swinging from lightning - that's just bat**** crazy. :lol I mean, what if there's never a 2nd lightning strike? She's just SOL? Maybe if (like Thor's hammer) her lasso was actually summoning the lightning it wouldn't seem so silly, but then I suppose everyone would complain about giving her Thor/Storm powers.

Her father is the Greek god Zeus whos main power is lightning and has weather control. Maybe she is summoning the lightning without even knowing. We shall have to wait and see. I am one of those guys that eats up all the crazy stuff i fully get some crap is over the top and unrealistic like the Fast and the furious franchise but i eat it up i don't care. I go to the movies to see all this not believable crap :rotfl not to see documentaries.

Back