Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine (Brown Costume)

I'm pretty certain we'll see some X-Men at SDCC. Maybe only 1 or 2, but even XM got stuff like Magneto and Phoenix through up until fairly recently. Sideshow's production time seems to be pretty lengthy, so I'm sure there's a few in the pipeline before everything got halted. Sounds like this could be one of them.

Lead time is 2 years - this is already sculpted painted and "accidentally" out in the open.

50 bucks says its on display at the con.

I hope you're right, man!

I'll buy one if its released. With XM's Brown Wolverine on hold, this might be the piece that goes with my XM Yellow Wolverine.

What do you think the Brown is? :lol

Are you saying the brown one we saw in the pics is the XM wolverine? So SS is not making a new brown wolverine in the pics? I really want a PF modern scuplt wolverine.

this is modern Wolverine / Astonishing Wolverine.

Variation from the traditional yellow and blue suit.

wolverine-marvel-heroes-mmo.jpg

that is what he looks like in comics today.

Brown and tan is from the 80s era X-Men leading up to X-tinction Agenda / Jim Lee era

Last edited:

I think he stopped wearing the brown outfit in an early issue of McFarlane's Spider-Man, when his suit was messed up by the Wendigo.

Yeah I remember that era - good times.

Anyways it appears the Jean Grey PF is final - no changes made to the legs unfortunately.

Good news is it's not out of scale / Bad news is the legs look wonky and disoriented. Notice the Black Widow PF. Had the leg position been similar and elevated on the Jean PF / there probably wouldn't have been as much backlash.

c'est la vie.

What did people want changed about the legs?

What did people want changed about the legs?

From Sideshow's design team

Jean Grey PF was totally revamped from the bottom half.

Marvel insisted a change - the problem is it actually makes it appear as though her upper half is contorted and falling while the bottom half is static.

I think why Marvel requested the changes was because the original sculpt probably resembled this piece by Koto

IMG_3804.jpg

original concept sketches. Leg position is different.

Also Emma's original concept design had the chalice / wine goblet

I think he stopped wearing the brown outfit in an early issue of McFarlane's Spider-Man, when his suit was messed up by the Wendigo.

Yup, these are the only McFarlane Spiderman issues I have left, #'s 1 - 20.

Unfortunately all of my Amazing issues are long gone including #298,299,300.
I try not to think about it but sometimes, :gah:

Back