Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the info.
At the risk of losing more than 100 us dollars (in clearance) , I preferred to lose (maybe) my deposit ...

No worries. I now understand.

Is the Belgian Customs system really that bad?

With Canada, we send in proof of the return and get back exactly what was charged. Admittedly it's a pain (and slow) because it all has to be snail-mail communication - but it always works out OK.

No worries. I now understand.

Is the Belgian Customs system really that bad?

With Canada, we send in proof of the return and get back exactly what was charged. Admittedly it's a pain (and slow) because it all has to be snail-mail communication - but it always works out OK.

the customs system must be like all the others (not very cool :wink1:)

But you CANCELLED before getting it shipped - yes?

If so, you must have talked nicely to the CS rep - as they said they would NOT refund the NRD on cancellations.

I know they SOMETIMES do it for sales in general though - so guess you got lucky :)

(* EDIT - yeah just re-checked your post - lucky dog :) *)

Yes that's true and I did talk nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I have nothing bad to say about SS anymore. Hopefully us collectors won’t have this issue anymore with a sub par piece. They have straightened things out, and I haven’t lost a dime. (I can confirm that talking nice goes a long way 😉

Ok, I have nothing bad to say about SS anymore. Hopefully us collectors won’t have this issue anymore with a sub par piece. They have straightened things out, and I haven’t lost a dime. (I can confirm that talking nice goes a long way ��

Glad it worked out for you
thumb2.gif

It's nice when EVERYONE involved is polite, professional, and fair.

(* But please don't expect everyone to go along with your first statement though :lol *)

I've just done a quick calculation, and even when I get everything refunded (credit, points, $USD paid, $CAD import duties/taxes) I'm still going to be losing about $35 CAD overall due to the massive shift in exchange rates and the "cut" that credit cards take.

Still, $35 for the fun we've all had - I can cope with that :)

One a positive note...
My custom version of the Wolf is nearing completion. I redid the mouth several times and eventually went with a darker tone, rather than pink.

Mods:
- Repainted a bunch of areas
- Filled the mandible seam
- Added some actual twine to the necklace
- Added surface texture to areas of the skin that we too flat
- Deleted the testicles on the base

It's a million times better. The pics don't even do justice to all the little vein and pore details. Proud to have it on display, even with the PVC mess. Attached are a few shots I took today.

WolfPred_01.jpeg

WolfPred_wide-close_face.jpeg

WolfPred_mouth details.jpeg

WolfPred_red details.jpeg

Wolf_NatLight_1.jpeg

One a positive note...
My custom version of the Wolf is nearing completion. I redid the mouth several times and eventually went with a darker tone, rather than pink.

Mods:

It's a million times better. The pics don't even do justice to all the little vein and pore details. Proud to have it on display, even with the PVC mess. Attached are a few shots I took today.

Much MUCH nicer looking Kev (obviously! :lol )

Glad you will be happy with it.

One a positive note...

Mods:

View attachment 372820

View attachment 372824

View attachment 372821

View attachment 372822

View attachment 372823

That looks amazing. Great job!

Sideshow should get Kev to repaint their entire stock . . .

. . . then fill with plaster or cement to give it the right weight . . .

. . . and add about 25 coats of "armour all" to give it the right texture :)

I seriously considered filling the head with something. Unfortunately, I didn’t think the frail neck piece would be able to handle the load.

repaint looks great, but unless I can get a super massive discount, won't be worth it to me to do that. I can only imagine how many contests they will be trying to give them away.

I seriously considered filling the head with something. Unfortunately, I didn’t think the frail neck piece would be able to handle the load.

I think it would have been OK with plaster or resin (excepting heat from curing), but you might have had to add the same (with a metal rod) to the base/neck.

I'd also be concerned about it tipping over backwards (the masked P1 LSB suffers from that design flaw).

Absolutely stunning paint dmpsk8. Now that's the proper level of attention needed with the paint to match the amazing sculpt.
Wish you were near me. I've got a couple of projects that could use your expertise.

Back