Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PVC statue can make good collectibles if it was high-quality one. I collected PVC statues from Gecco that are excellent in term of details and weight such as Red Pyramid (Silent Hill) and Guts (Berserk). Hah, I even built Kaiyodo's Shin Godzilla maquette which was cast in HQ soft vinyl but got such insane amount of details it could blew every statues I've seen in this hobby and in my collection miles away. So being PVC wasn't exactly the case.
It's that this thing looks cheap, the head was made from hollow PVC and its skin textures are far different from the prototype. Downgraded paint apps? Fine. Seam line on lower right mandible? Can be fixed. But plastic-ky appearances? The only way to fix that (kinda), is to hire someone to do full repaint (or do it yourself) and using proper coating on it. But the real question is: why would you need to do that after you paid at least $650 for this already overpriced 1/2 bust?

It won't backfired like this if they priced it $450 with free shipping I think.

Adjusted to reflect recent postings. Thanks for the updates folks
thumb2.gif

Always meticulous work with the charting Spike. Kudos buddy. I also canceled mine from my local retailer. All good with canceling, as never happened in first place. Always wise to play it safe locally when it comes to SS.

Out of interest, do you have this, or have you seen it in hand? I only ask as I build a lot of plastic kits etc, I appreciate the pros of the material. But this thing looks and feels unbelievably cheap and nasty. It's a $650 collectible with seam lines and a plastic sheen. Plus in bends when you pick it up, it's just unacceptable at a fraction of this price. Plus the main reason they give for justifying the use of plastic is that it holds detail, well this lost a tonne of detail over the prototype so that doesn't quite fly. I don't think polystone is the perfect material for sure, but the other polystone LSB's look and feel better han this, and give off more of an air of quality. This thing looks better than all of them from a fair distance, but is laughable up close.

I haven't seen it, nor did I order mainly due to the price. I was unimpressed with the Alien/s and P1 1:2 busts so I passed. I'm also out of room and am focusing only on life size busts going forwards. I expect acrylic teeth and eyes for this price and they were never going to include those.
I'm in agreement that this is a disaster of a release, but PVC isn't the issue here. It's sounds like thin casting, poor paints selection and $2 store attention to detail and delivery of quality on a high end priced bust. If it were cast in PVC to a satisfactory thickness it wouldn't be bending. It's not unreasonable to expect it to be cast thickly enough to support it's own weight.
Comparing to the prototype is never going be flattering, there's a Dunaway/Mestas paint up for starters, with premium paints on likely different material with pro photos and lighting.
At the end of the day Sideshow has doubled down on the price and delivered what would be poorly received had it been the price of the others in the line.
It's a shame, because despite my issues with the oversized mandibles it's a bad ass sculpt.
Cheers

Me and my friends ordered 3 pieces from a distributor. We cancelled 2 of them. And we are very sad.

Are you and your friends planning on doing this to the third.....

112114_IndianaJones_TohtFaceMelt.gif

We are losing deposit money on each, so cancelling is not free. The third one for my friend is coming because he needs it to complete the full LSB line.

You should be worried.
Sideshow can't get the paint right on their $2,000+ LSF Iron Man pieces. I don't have confidence that they will get a $700 IM statue right.

Same with $1200 Voltron. The gums on this lsb actually remind me of the sharpie looking battle damage. Its just such an afterthought on a highly priced collectable its unbelievable. I totally swore off Sideshow after Voltron but they answered with two new J Scott Campbell lines. I'll stay in those because so far theyve all come out closer to the prototypes than any other SS pieces Ive seen. They almost got me with Aspen Matthews but this predator release helped put me back in the right mindset.

As far as pvc goes, yeah it can be done well. Blitzway's Bruce Lee and Marilyn Monroe are good examples- but its incorporated well into the polystone sculpt. Its not the whole dang piece. This scenario is just crazy to me. I wouldnt doubt their prototype was made of resin/polystone too. Such a scam.

We are losing deposit money on each, so cancelling is not free. The third one for my friend is coming because he needs it to complete the full LSB line.

Wow that's is the type of a collector Sideshow wants.

Same with $1200 Voltron. The gums on this lsb actually remind me of the sharpie looking battle damage. Its just such an afterthought on a highly priced collectable its unbelievable. I totally swore off Sideshow after Voltron but they answered with two new J Scott Campbell lines. I'll stay in those because so far theyve all come out closer to the prototypes than any other SS pieces Ive seen. They almost got me with Aspen Matthews but this predator release helped put me back in the right mindset.

As far as pvc goes, yeah it can be done well. Blitzway's Bruce Lee and Marilyn Monroe are good examples- but its incorporated well into the polystone sculpt. Its not the whole dang piece. This scenario is just crazy to me. I wouldnt doubt their prototype was made of resin/polystone too. Such a scam.
Agreed.
Another sad fact... I wanted the Voltron piece to come out nicely because I wanted one myself. When I saw the childish weathering and poor quality control (remember the guy who had a thumb print on his Yellow Lion?), I was bummed. The sharpie traces around the grooves on the thighs (and only on the front of the thighs!) was also terrible.

Wow that's is the type of a collector Sideshow wants.
Exactly, and they have lots of blinded followers too. But that's OK. It's not my problem.

At first, wanted to sell my 1:1 Wolf bust due to display space running out, and use this one. So glad I didn't!
They did get me with the NRD though. Let them choke on it. My SS orders dropped from an average of 10 a year to 1, and even that single order is for a Hot Toys product.

This is exactly what will happen, similar to P2 maquette, but this is much worse.
Ya, I was the one that paid full price then for that predator 2 Marquette , also people talked so much **** on the statue then that discount hit and everyone bought it. Then side show tried to tell me only a few were able to get it. They are so shady. I contacted side show about it and they were so rude. I will never buy from them again now. I deactivated my account, after I read all of this on this thread. I had this on pre order too. Imagine how I feel, I paid full price and many people on that thread didn't then talked **** on me. Goes to show maybe now people see and are understanding how ****** that is to those that do pay full price. Anyways, I am glad people are seeing how ****** side show is becoming. Peace all!!

Back