Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to try cancelling mine and seeing about recouping the NRD. I have bought tons of items from sideshow in the past and have never tried to get my deposit back. Do not see why it will be a problem...especially since so many others are cancelling over quality issues. Sucks that I used $50 worth of reward points as I would have loved to put that toward the 2.0 Wolf Predator from Hot Toys.

(* Matt (Python) – I’ve added you as a "Damaged - asking for refund" due to your post on Statue Forum *)

Sorry, I meant to update you here. Thanks for keeping tabs, it makes for sad reading. I hope whoever is in charge of this kind of **** over at SSC is paying attention....

P.S, if there's an option for extremely annoyed, trying to laugh it all off and relieved to have damage, put me on that ;)

. . . I didn't have long during lunch to look at it, so I'm reserving judgement for a few days. However, I will say that it looks good on a shelf from normal viewing distance. I really don't understand the huge price jump for this though. I'm sure Sideshow didn't want to risk breakage during shipping so they decided plastic was the only way to guarantee the head would arrive safely, but they could have put more effort into this all around.

Made a decision yet bud?

Everyone send it back.. let Sideshow sit on that unmoving inventory and wait for them to slash the price. Then everyone buy it again at the discounted price! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone send it back.. let Sideshow sit on that unmoving inventory and wait for them to slash the price. Then everyone buy it again at the discounted price! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they slash it right down to about $150, this thing would be hard to recommend. Good from far, but far from good...

Sorry you gotta go through all this s#!t again Matt.

Thank you. But I think it's reaching a point where its almost our own fault now for ordering this stuff. I think Prime 1 and a few select others are my future in this hobby while I can just about keep up financially.

Adjusted to reflect recent postings. Thanks again for the updates folks
thumb2.gif

There are 17 of you that we haven’t heard from yet
– do any of you know what you’re doing with this?​

(* Matt (Python) – I’ve added you as a "Damaged - asking for refund" due to your post on Statue Forum *)​

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_chart_v03.jpg

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_table_v03.jpg

Yeah spike I havent received mine yet but I'll be keeping it

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Shouldn't Sideshow cancel this and return people's money ? They won't sell the returns.Or whatever is left.

Please understand that this item has been advertised since it went up for pre-order as a mixture of PVC and resin. Our production team chooses to utilize PVC for this collectible for several reasons. Primarily, PVC allows the piece to retain a greater amount of detail from the prototype to the final retail piece. It also prevents breakage when the item is in transit to you.

Additionally it allows for a lighter piece which significantly reduces the cost and effort in shipping the piece. Had the item been sculpted in resin entirely, it would have been extremely heavy, more breakages would result with the item in transit, and the shipping cost to our collectors would have been significantly higher.

Contrary to what you may be hearing, the manufacturing costs associated with using PVC are significantly more expensive than other materials used in the production process.

Having looked ourselves at a stock retail piece directly next to the prototype and doing a side by side comparison, we feel the final retail piece is very close to the prototype and retained an excellent amount of detail.

I hope that this has addressed some of the quality concerns that you may have with this piece. Please reply if you need additional help.
Best Regards,

Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Collectibles

This whole response reeks of marketing spin. Whoever looked at it next to the prototype and decided it "retained an excellent amount of detail" needs some prescription glasses. :lol

"looks like it could retained most of an excellent amount of detail"

Fixed.

And yes, process of using PVC may cost more but in the end, making 80% of product a PVC cut shipping cost so much it could compensate for manufacturing cost ain't it?

Back