Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while there were some instances of breakage from the past LSB pieces (mainly due to bad foam cover designs), it seems overall, people liked the material they were made from. They were heavy and had a real quality feel to them even if the paint apps blew. At the end of the day, the tons of returns and cancelations this will have seems quite high reading all the feedback. I'm not sure if a 50% off sale would move all the remainder of these given the cost of having this repainted, which wouldn't address the concerns of the plastic material or the flaky dread material.

Hah. As I thought they'd say. PVC could retains much more details than Polystone so that's why they used them. It's also lighter, bendable and easier to ship...
At least they should have reinforced it with something to add more weight but nooooo. Didn't they knew by now why their '14 Godzilla maquette failed horribly while their '14 Godzilla statue was sold out? Why their 1/1 Wolf Predator head was still held up for being one of the best prop items out there?
It's not about paint. Both have better than average paint apps. It's all about weight and material. '14 Godzilla statue weights like 9 kg even being 14" and 1/1 WPH was casted from reinforced fiberglass + Polystone (it also has rubber dreads and thicker quills). They're heavy. They look like quality items and values. They look like A COLLECTIBLE ITEMS.

If "...retaining more detail.." is their excuse - They should look at Mcfarlane statues and learn! Darryl Dixon for one. Resin Awesomeness.

Would not matter if it was way back or yesterday,still left the NRD behind.

It's true :( still glad I did though....don't even care about the pvc that much but from what I saw in that review...eeesh! Seam lines, peeling dreads, bobble head

'Wolf' Predator as he was affectionately called by those who respected and feared him, was one of the Galaxy's most tested and proven battle ready warriors.....yet his untimely death came by the most unlikely of foes, planet Earth's Sideshow Collectibles.

I now ask that we bow our heads in a moment of silence....

'Wolf' Predator as he was affectionately called by those who respected and feared him, was one of the Galaxy's most tested and proven battle ready warriors.....yet his untimely death came by the most unlikely of foes, planet Earth's Sadshow Collectibles.

LOL - but needed a minor adjustment
icon_wink.gif

Wow this thread has really lit up. It's one of them ones that's going to keep on giving.

With all the cancellations and returns being reported so far sideshow will need to reduce the price drastically ie 50% to eventually move them. How annoyed will the people be that paid full price and decided to keep theirs while others get theirs for half price.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Wow this thread has really lit up. It's one of them ones that's going to keep on giving.

With all the cancellations and returns being reported so far sideshow will need to reduce the price drastically ie 50% to eventually move them. How annoyed will the people be that paid full price and decided to keep theirs while others get theirs for half price.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

This is exactly what will happen, similar to P2 maquette, but this is much worse.

I have small issues with the dreads, not quite damaged but not issue free either.

:lol

Just means you're unique - a rebel - not following the pack - a leader - a pioneer !

I'm sure others will report in to say they are keeping it - including me if they try to steal my reward points off me! :)

:lol Ah, I know. It's all good! I mean, negativity can definitely impact the views on things for sure. It keeps creeping in my head, but I just looked at it again, and while I STILL -- as originally reported -- think it was too expensive, I still like it quite a bit, LOVE the sculpt, and feel mine, at least, has enough quality painting/details in it to warrant keeping it.

Now, had mine not shipped out before seeing everything I probably would've cancelled just because money is tighter and I'm much pickier now. That first video was depressing. Seeing it in person made at least took that feeling away, and I've found the positives in it. I mean, I'm guessing RP would be harder to get back on this one (I hope you get them though!) so that'd be $100...and I really don't feel like jumping through whatever government hoops are needed to jump through to get back my $180 that I paid at the door. Then shipping it back. I like it too much now that I've received it to have to deal with all that and still lose quite a bit of money on it.

I'll try and squeeze it in to my current display tomorrow and take a picture, though the current display will likely change to accompany this one better and will require some moving in the near future!

I think the cc was always too high on this one out of the gate. The original hype behind it was quite large; however, the price was always something that bugged people and knocked some out right from the start. I think $150 off of it would've been ideal pricing, but even still, I think putting it between 300-500 in the ES department would've not only moved more initially, but left them with a lot less supply then they may have now (depending on how many they ordered to start) plus the returns/cancellations they'll be getting.

I mean, if they do drop them down a large percentage to move them in a year or so, then that'll be good for some who want to get them. For me, it'd end up costing me the same...if not more to return it now, then pay all the customs and such again if it went on sale. Plus, international customers don't get all the perks that US customers do, like free shipping and such that help move stock there. On top of that, mine is solid quality, good paint, and no real issues that I can find, so to risk getting one that's not as good on top of all that...I'll just keep this one now, enjoy it and not worry about what future sales down the road may bring.

Being 300 bucks overpriced I don't think this turned out very well from a quality standpoint but being critical of PVC while wishing for polystone means a lot of people here are pretty naive to the qualities of PVC. It's kind of like wishing everything was made out of lead when there is aluminium available.

Out of interest, do you have this, or have you seen it in hand? I only ask as I build a lot of plastic kits etc, I appreciate the pros of the material. But this thing looks and feels unbelievably cheap and nasty. It's a $650 collectible with seam lines and a plastic sheen. Plus it bends when you pick it up, it's just unacceptable at a fraction of this price. Plus the main reason they give for justifying the use of plastic is that it holds detail, well this lost a tonne of detail over the prototype so that doesn't quite fly. I don't think polystone is the perfect material for sure, but the other polystone LSB's look and feel better than this, and give off more of an air of quality. This thing looks better than all of them from a fair distance, but is laughable up close.

Back