Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure we'll see the Elder again. I've been singing the praises of the LSB line for a long time, but even I would have absolutely no interest at the current prices, certainly not for such a stylised Elder. I'd love to see a masked P2 still, but other than that I'm not sure. Pricing killed the joy.

I'm sure we'll see the Elder again. I've been singing the praises of the LSB line for a long time, but even I would have absolutely no interest at the current prices, certainly not for such a stylised Elder. I'd love to see a masked P2 still, but other than that I'm not sure. Pricing killed the joy.

I hope so. I'd like to see a masked P2 as well. I think if the Wolf comes out looking mostly like the proto the rest of them should sell out fairly quickly. Then hopefully they'll put out the Elder. I really don't understand why they don't just put it up for PO with a small ES since it's sculpted already.

. . . I really don't understand why they don't just put it up for PO with a small ES since it's sculpted already.

This was put up for preorder Oct 2014 - about the same time they realised they had major issues with factories in China doing Predator pieces (specifically the 1:4 scale P2 maquette that originally got cancelled Jan 2015).

The suspicions back then were that they wouldn't be able to get a quality the customers would accept - and if it was the SAME factory the P2 maquette was originally with - it may have been a decision to drop the factory completely.

Also - the sculpt was always slightly "off" - so maybe sales were not that good :dunno

Only Sideshow know the full story - and they're not telling :)

This was put up for preorder Oct 2014 - about the same time they realised they had major issues with factories in China doing Predator pieces (specifically the 1:4 scale P2 maquette that originally got cancelled Jan 2015).

The suspicions back then were that they wouldn't be able to get a quality the customers would accept - and if it was the SAME factory the P2 maquette was originally with - it may have been a decision to drop the factory completely.

Also - the sculpt was always slightly "off" - so maybe sales were not that good :dunno

Only Sideshow know the full story - and they're not telling :)

Yeah, I remember that. But since Wolf and the Jungle Hunter are being produced they must have sorted out the factory situation. I know he's a little goofy looking, but I still really like it. Anyway, here's hoping they put him back up for order one day. :duff

It's strange, I ordered this back in the day, but looking at it now, I really don't love it. You can tell what it's meant to be of course, but it's by far the most "stylised" (incorrect*) LSB in terms of screen accuracy. I'd consider it again if it went up at the original price, but the Wolf is undoubtedly a step up in every way, this Elder can't command the same kind of price as the Wolf. Although I'm still rather disappointed by the lack of a plaque for Wolf.

Yeah exactly. You think that's the least they could do is to include a plaque. I like how the lsb line sit together. I'm hoping the do revisit the elder. Hopefully this one turns out alright.

I really like the 1:2 scale busts, but Wolf will be the last one I get if it's the new price point. That being said, I am keeping my order because this thing blew me away when I saw it at SDCC. Hopefully, Sideshow doesn't **** up the QC.

I really like the 1:2 scale busts, but Wolf will be the last one I get if it's the new price point. That being said, I am keeping my order because this thing blew me away when I saw it at SDCC. Hopefully, Sideshow doesn't **** up the QC.

Yeah, I had considered cancelling absolutely everything I have on order in anticipation for the upcoming Prime 1 Alien & Predators. However, looking over the pictures of this again has reminded me how damn good it looks and how impressed I was when I first saw these images. I'll keep my order and hope they manage to pull off a similar quality for the production pieces.

f648DVk.png

IGnkXe2.png

It's strange, I ordered this back in the day, but looking at it now, I really don't love it. You can tell what it's meant to be of course, but it's by far the most "stylised" (incorrect*) LSB in terms of screen accuracy. I'd consider it again if it went up at the original price, but the Wolf is undoubtedly a step up in every way, this Elder can't command the same kind of price as the Wolf. Although I'm still rather disappointed by the lack of a plaque for Wolf.

I have to agree that the Wolf is a step up from the Elder. I'm not a screen accuracy nut though so I don't mind that Elder is stylised. The Elder is my second favourite Pred after the P1, so I'd love to have a bust of him. You're right though, at the $650 price people probably wouldn't accept a stylised bust.

Yeah exactly. You think that's the least they could do is to include a plaque. I like how the lsb line sit together. I'm hoping the do revisit the elder. Hopefully this one turns out alright.

For $650 there was no excuse not to include a plaque!

Yeah, I had considered cancelling absolutely everything I have on order in anticipation for the upcoming Prime 1 Alien & Predators. However, looking over the pictures of this again has reminded me how damn good it looks and how impressed I was when I first saw these images. I'll keep my order and hope they manage to pull off a similar quality for the production pieces.

f648DVk.png

IGnkXe2.png

I have my fingers crossed for this one.

I think we all do lol. Considering what is actually on offer here for the price people are paying, there is no excuse not to have this in the very best factory available.

I still love the scale, but I'd be hoping for more busts as good as their Wolf rather than the Elder.

I is in agreementsis.

nice-cat.jpg

as i have the other LSB range I am defo keeping my order and was hoping for elder as I pre ordered first time round but at current prices,,,,,,, not so sure now, here's hoping wolf is as good as prototype and a plaque would be nice sideshow

I have the molds and extras if you guys need one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back