Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
before.jpg
:clap
a great sculpt now is not lost and looks magnificient with your beautiful repaint.

Great job clutch!! So many great artists here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my refund, but still hoping for a big discount on these, and get it repainted. Would really like to stay in the $500 range, after repaint and all.

Ya , that does look great Clutch. Have you considered doing a gloss on the mouth and eyes to give it a wet look and anther layer of depth? Just seems like he has dry mouth....lol

Thanks again everyone.

ZK, they are glossed, just doesn't show up very well in pics or video. I suppose it could have been glossier, but I didn't want to go for the glass look in the mouth especially at this scale.

Got my refund, but still hoping for a big discount on these, and get it repainted. Would really like to stay in the $500 range, after repaint and all.

That would be nice, but there is a near zero chance of that, unless you won one in a contest or something or you would have to get one for about $50-$100 shipped, and then spend the rest on a re-paint.

Couldn't justify in any way $650 for a coin bank bust NO WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH would I pay $1000 or more for one. Lol

And...finished. It is a shame what they did to this bust because it is a truly fine sculpt. Lame paint, lame seams, lame material, broken bits...but all is not lost as can be seen below.

First a reminder of what he would have gotten in the mail. A weird mixture of brush painted dots and largish airbrushed dots on the skull. The brush-painted veining in the mouth looked cartoonish. The necklace came broken like that.

before.jpg

fin04.jpg

fin041.jpg

fin01.jpg

fin05.jpg

fin07.jpg

fin06.jpg

fin09.jpg

great repaint clutch, was considering painting the runes red but seeing how yours came out will definitely do them

Thanks. Takes about two minutes. Glop some red paint on there and then wipe across with a damp paper towel. It'll clean the paint up leaving the red only in the recessed runes.

Thanks. Takes about two minutes. Glop some red paint on there and then wipe across with a damp paper towel. It'll clean the paint up leaving the red only in the recessed runes.

Live and learn... I would have done it with a brush, sweating to fill them in :)
Awesome trick, will use it on a kit I am getting.

Live and learn... I would have done it with a brush, sweating to fill them in :)
Awesome trick, will use it on a kit I am getting.

Like dry-brushing in reverse - and wet :)

Don't know if you are new to kit-building - but regardless - this forum is full of useful info for modellers (new kits, tips etc.) - https://www.theclubhouse1.net/

Back