Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll save a lot also if they keep making plastic products. That base looks awful.
I just hope they listen to us. Screwing over loyal, long term customers who were around for years isn't good business.

If they're still selling them though and can get away with it they will. I just hope the releases with a lack of quality struggle more than those they've done a good job with.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i always wondered why Wolf was so ridiculously dumb in the movie. now it's clear.

Goes on mission to eliminate alien evidence and cover own tracks while doing so.

Is spotted by someone and kills him, presumably to keep presence a secret.

Takes the time to skin and hang the dude for the townspeople to see.

I don't understand what they were trying to achieve with that death trooper base, I really don't. It doesn't look good and they are trying to sell us that pvc & vinyl are detailed and expensive to produce so what was the point here?

I'll save a lot also if they keep making plastic products. That base looks awful.

Yes, same here. They're making it very easy to pass on their products.

And on another note how long till that Death Troopers forward stance warps the hole in the plastic base where the pegs are inserted and he starts to lean forward??

That probably depends on how they engineered it.

I just hope they listen to us. Screwing over loyal, long term customers who were around for years isn't good business.

If they're still selling them though and can get away with it they will. I just hope the releases with a lack of quality struggle more than those they've done a good job with.

As long as they are promoting their products using a high quality professionally painted prototype that's made of polystone they will sell, because anyone who is not on the forums/facebook won't know better. They just have to say in the fine print "PVC/vinyl" and the generic "final product may differ in appearance" and they are covered.

The details in that base are not crisp at all. Poly looks much better IMO. It's like they don't think we have eyes to see with. :dunno

I feel like my intelligence is being insulted at this point.

I don't understand what they were trying to achieve with that death trooper base, I really don't. It doesn't look good and they are trying to sell us that pvc & vinyl are detailed and expensive to produce so what was the point here?

I honestly don't know. They must think that plastics have some advantage that outweighs the negative consumer opinions. I think their true goal in using vinyl/pvc is to reduce breakage/damage and therefore returns/replacement costs. They could just improve their damn packaging, but maybe that affects their bottom line too much. Whatever their strategy, it has backfired badly on the Wolf bust. To be honest though, if they keep producing things using these materials for long enough it will just become seen as "normal" by people who only buy Sideshow products.

This^^ I've see plenty of vinyl figures that are just as sharp as resin (polystone) ones. You should also add poor engineering choices to the list too.

The problem isn't the material it's the wrong paints and people painting them badly

I think it's likely a bit of both, there are varying qualities of plastic after all. But the effort that goes into painting this stuff in the factories isn't likely to improve, so sticking to polystone is preferable in that it doesn't have the extra con of looking cheap when it's painted badly. If Sideshow wish to use plastic, they really need to work on their implementation of it as like the wolf, that base just isn't good enough for the prices they are asking.

Doesn't matter how anyone tries to spin it.

This thread clearly shows that, at these prices, the vast majority of prospective purchasers are not interested in PLASTIC regardless of how well it's sculpted OR painted.

totally agree, and, the base on that trooper shows there not even made or painted well, no point having a nice looking model if it's displayed on a ****e plastic base and getting charged over the top prices

Great video on product materials, quality and costs

I understand he wasn’t reading off a script – and he (several times) admitted he was “passionate” about this, so I accept that he may have let that get the better of him, giving rise to his confused rationalisation at times.

It resulted in him arguing in circles, and an unfortunate tendency to mix facts with specious reasoning & opinion.

I found his cost-calculations interesting, and there were some other valid points made, but there was nothing – NOTHING to convince me to pay $650+ for plastic statues/busts.

“Need to clean up China” – lol - that was a real low point in his persuasion – how about doing something closer to home first.

It's a trend, PVC&plastic will appear more and more often in the future, eventually people will either get used to it or find the other hobby.
I can't tell what material is using for this LSB just by looking at it, and I have seen almost all photos under various light conditions.
Either PVC or polystone statues can be painted/cast as crap as possible, or as great as possible.
We collect them because of the character/sculpt we love instead of materials, otherwise we shall try marble/bronze market for those fine art pieces, they're heavy.
Again, both of them are dirt cheap material, like spend 100 bucks for a ton of raw material something.

It's a trend, PVC&plastic will appear more and more often in the future, eventually people will either get used to it or find the other hobby.

I can't tell what material is using for this LSB just by looking at it, and I have seen almost all photos under various light conditions . . .

. . . We collect them because of the character/sculpt we love instead of materials, otherwise we shall try marble/bronze market for those fine art pieces, they're heavy . . .

We can't always agree my friend :)

I was in the process of moving but was now just able to get around cancelling. Had it on hold for a while in the process of it all but after the in-hands this had to be a cancel. Sideshow gave me the NRD back without asking but its a one time thing. I did loss $50 worth of points in the process though. Will be putting the NRD towards Wolf Predator 2.0 from Hot Toys instead.

I was in the process of moving but was now just able to get around cancelling. Had it on hold for a while in the process of it all but after the in-hands this had to be a cancel. Sideshow gave me the NRD back without asking but its a one time thing. I did loss $50 worth of points in the process though. Will be putting the NRD towards Wolf Predator 2.0 from Hot Toys instead.

You should ask to get the points back too - other people got THEIRS back.

Didn't they say that anybody and everybody cam have a FULL refund on this, points and all? I'd forward that email Spike received and fight for your points back.

It has begun... :)

IMG_7942.JPG

Back