WIP 1:6 Beatles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Incarnation of the beatles would be best for 1:6?

• Hamburg Pre-Fab

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Classic (Ed Sullivan appearance)

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Sgt. Peppers

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Strawberry Fields

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • White Album

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Abbey Road

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK. So here is my project. It's not even in its infancy. I need suggestions and pointers. I am going to commission a John Lennon portrait from a sculptor but I need to work on the body. What I want from you freaks is input.

What incarnation of the Beatles/John Lennon should I draw from?

Hamburg Pre Fab

beatles-hamburg.jpg

Classic Beatles (Ed Sullivan Appearance)

beatles_playing_sullivan.jpg

Sgt. Pepper's

a)
sgt_pepper.jpg
or b)
geos2651.jpg

White Album

Beatles---The-White-Album-Poster-C10030208.jpeg

or Abby Road

beatles-abbey-road.jpg

Sgt. Peppers would be the real challenge, plus they'd translate into some really cool looking figures due to the elaborate costumes.

This sounds like a great project! :rock

My vote is for 1967 era John. I thought he looked cool with that 'stache. Would you actually do the Sgt. Pepper's costume too? I can't image (no pun intended) that being cheap to do.

Batty said:
This sounds like a great project! :rock

My vote is for 1967 era John. I thought he looked cool with that 'stache. Would you actually do the Sgt. Pepper's costume too? I can't imagine (no pun intended) that being cheap to do.

I know. That costume would be the most ambitious. I am sort of leaning toward the hamburg Beatles since, to me, they are the most visually cool. But I dunno. :lol

He did look very cool during the Hamburg period, but I think it would be hard to keep him from looking like just a greaser.

To keep it simple, and more iconic, you might want to go with his Sullivan apprearance.

Or how about the Butcher cover version! :lol

Batty said:
He did look very cool during the Hamburg period, but I think it would be hard to keep him from looking like just a greaser.

To keep it simple, and more iconic, you might want to go with his Sullivan appearance.

Or how about the Butcher cover version! :lol

Oooo... That does have some visual possibilities:lol .

I like the White Album and the Sgt Peppers even though SP Beatles would be very very hard to pull off. Easy bet would be Classic or the White album.

My top choice would be a Sgt. Pepper as its one of my favorite albums of all time, but its gonna be a hard one to pull off for sure. To me the most iconic look and the one to that could really be a head turner would be a dio of the Sullivan appearance, imagine them all set up with a 1/6 drum set and guitars, maybe even a 1/6 Ed Sullivan to stand to the side introducing them!

RogueJedi30 said:
My top choice would be a Sgt. Pepper as its one of my favorite albums of all time, but its gonna be a hard one to pull off for sure. To me the most iconic look and the one to that could really be a head turner would be a dio of the Sullivan appearance, imagine them all set up with a 1/6 drum set and guitars, maybe even a 1/6 Ed Sullivan to stand to the side introducing them!

I like the way you think too. :rock

My vote would be to start with the 'classic' Ed Sullivan look. Not only is that such an iconic image, but it would also be easy for the sculptor to go back using the original wax portrait and "age" it a bit (and add facial hair, etc) if you ever wanted to have the other versions made.

;) ;) ;)

Andy Bergholtz said:
My vote would be to start with the 'classic' Ed Sullivan look. Not only is that such an iconic image, but it would also be easy for the sculptor to go back using the original wax portrait and "age" it a bit (and add facial hair, etc) if you ever wanted to have the other versions made.

;) ;) ;)

I'll keep that in mind Andy. :rock ;)

Any ideas on where I can find a 1:6 scale replica of a 1958 325 Rickenbacker? :lol

Guitar19.jpg

I voted Ed Sullivan, because that is just classic Beatles. If you are only making John Lennon though, I'd go with The White Album look since that is how I usually picture him after the Beatles broke up.

Although Stg. Peppers would look sweet as a set as well.

Sideshow needs to add these guys to the "Legendary Musicians!" (NECA too)

I'd go with the classic look. I know it's the most used look out there.... but it's always what I think of first when I think of the Beatles visually. Plus as Andy said it can be altered to make other versions if needed.

I really should have done some of these for myself... y'know... being from Liverpool and all that, lol.

Can't wait to see how this turns out :rock

You really need all four Beatles if your going Sgt Peppers, so I reckon Hamburg John is the way to go. He always had his roots in rock and roll and revisited it after they Beats broke up. I reckon he thought of himself as a rock n roller, and it would be easier to bash and still have that iconic look.
B0002X4TRA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

hamburg-imagine6.jpg

Or you could go classic John in denim, for another easy bash, but still iconic.
R.161%20JOHN%20LENNON%20DENIM%20JACKET.jpg

And you could start with a short haired John as your base figure, and add wigs later.
1425.jpg

and try this link for the guitar. You'll have to scroll down to find it.
https://www.firebirdarts.com/mini/9miguit01b.shtml
oeg12l.jpg

Last edited:
Andy Bergholtz said:

;) ;) ;)

Your right Andy. When I think of the beatles, I always have them in the ed sulivan look in my mind. An iconic image indeed.

Back