Windows 10

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.torproject.org/
or use a VPN that doesn't keep logs, plus ad blockers, script blockers, etc.
There is plenty you can do to protect your privacy.
They can still track you though a VPN client its not hard and tor site isnt hard to find where your going too. I spent years working for a content filtering company and its not hard to track traffic even stuff hidden in secure communication.

But, at least a good VPN will mask your real IP address and location. I wouldn't trust Tor at all. There was even that incident, where the Lizard Squad kiddies took them down easily.

What VPNs are you guys using, by the way? I have CyberGhost (Kiba recommended it to me last year)... I think it's the Premium Edition.

so I downloaded windows 10 and tried using the new Edge internet, and any search engine that I use ends up using some crazy ass font on my computer that makes it hard to read the text, anyone get something similar to this? It's only in the search engines and there is no option in the settings to change any font. Under control panel, I even hid the specific font being used, and it still did nothing. Any suggestions? This problem is only with the Edge internet. Everything is normal with fire fox besides the script crashes.

The nerve of Microsoft to have a pop up to remind Mr. Green to upgrade to Window 10. Its on the task bar now!! Mr. Green says speak to the boot, cause he's keeping his win 8.1. At least he's trained to ignore the metro crap now.

I was surprised to see a water dragon in here. Used to have some of these myself, fascinating animals! I'm guessing this image was probably just grabbed from online someplace, or do you have some?

Doubt she have em. Mr. Green did see a beautiful, wild and colorful one when he went back to his native country. Saw another by the water too but it look plain, just like the pictured above.

I am currently using Windows 7 and there's a free update available for 10. Has anyone done the update and how has it gone? I heard Windows 8 was a disaster so I'm leary of updating. Any advice?

I am using window 10. This window is much better than window 7 and faster than window 7 too.

The only issue I have with it is how it desparetely wants to send data from your computer to either MS or someplace else, and it wants to open your machine up to connect to anything and everything. Other than that I like it a lot. It's a nice mix of 7 and 8.1.

Well, decided to download 10 today. Did it on my work computer with no problem, but of course, nothing ever goes smoothly at home. I started the download at Noon and here it is almost 3:45 and I still don't have it on my computer. It's hung up on preparing to install. Been that way for a good half an hour after taking over 2 hours to download. This is why I hate doing this ****. :mad:

Well, decided to download 10 today. Did it on my work computer with no problem, but of course, nothing ever goes smoothly at home. I started the download at Noon and here it is almost 3:45 and I still don't have it on my computer. It's hung up on preparing to install. Been that way for a good half an hour after taking over 2 hours to download. This is why I hate doing this ****. :mad:

wait what???????????????

what made you change your mind? :lol

Recently, Windows 10 is giving me so many audio problems that I've never experienced with 7. I've been getting so much lag and choppy audio, even with a dedicated Sound Blaster ZxR card.

wait what???????????????

what made you change your mind? :lol

I don't recall saying that I'd never download it. I just wanted to wait awhile.

I had to do the download all over. It's installing now. 8 plus hours and counting.

​On my tablet till it's done.

It seems there is some massive update this stupid pos automatically is doing. I regret switching over now. This thing will still prolly be updating by the time I have to go to work.

How slow are your Internet speeds? The updates usually take a few minutes for me, and I only have around 20 mbps from TWC.

Back