Premium Format Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format Statue

• Total voters
Yes. I love this artist's interpretation of 'my' Superman. This will be my first comic book related collectable as I am not a fan of comic books or most modern day comic book movie adaptations. But I am a huge fan of Richard Donner's 2 seminal masterpieces. They were two of my all time favourite films as a kid & they still are two of my all time favourite films to this day.

Christopher Reeve's Superman/Clark Kent is the quintessential movie gentlemen. A truly lovable nice guy that's a far cry from todays arrogant, brooding, repugnant comic book movie superheroes.

I will be damn proud to have this in my collection.

I had high expectations for this one but the reveal is a .....errrrh the face(or the photography to blame for) is barely ok, the wrist breaker pose, the weird chess base, so only comic pf ordered, if I have extra money will buy the Cavill pf which is far more decent than this.

Sent from my K00E using Tapatalk

I am fine with the comics PF.

There are way too many things not clicking with the CR Supes PF. I know people like to focus on the likeness, but it's way more than that as it just doesn't come together well for me.

Seems like a self-supporting chunk of dam would have worked better than a piece balanced on a tiny stand. And why is he looking away from it when the dam breaking is the problem? He needed to look pensively into the sky and make a fist because that stops dams from breaking? If you're going to use an action pose, the pose should have some meaningful relationship to the action.

I voted no. Pose choice absolutely killed it for me and the strange expression certainly didn't help either. (Severe frowning expression for the upper part of the face and relaxed expression for the lower part). Too much of a contradiction in expression for my taste. Costume is fantastic but shame about the rest.

Damn, an 80% rejection rate. I can't believe it. Even the EX Supes PF with the heat vision eyes didn't have this much hate. I really am curious as to how many of these SSC will actually be able to sell.

Damn, an 80% rejection rate. I can't believe it. Even the EX Supes PF with the heat vision eyes didn't have this much hate. I really am curious as to how many of these SSC will actually be able to sell.

GL pf has something similar with a poll on the other forum.

I wouldn't go as far as Hate, the person who sculpted this has skills, I just want to know who the uninformed imbecile is who Green-lighted this?
Oh wait I know some Small Minded Corporate A$$-Hat with No Vision or Backbone, There I feel Better :)

I will add another rejection here ^^
- The pose is weird
- body proportion is a bit off
- the face sculpt is not that good
again it is just my opinion ^^

Sad thing is some Superman Fans will get this regardless of the above said issues that we have pointed out but I cannot fault them they just don't see it. 81.3% have thrown up the Red Flag on this, maybe SSC should from time to time let the Collectors in General vote on a prototype before it reaches this stage in the game, like poses and bases, I know just wishful thinking

Back