Will Hot Toys ever lose their value?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope. I was watching 6 different two faces and all of them sold in auction with final bids ranging from $180.00-$210.00. He's probably up because of all the batman popularity, and the fact that he is the only one not being re-issued.
- YETT... ;)

Realistically, no. As long as the world is functioning and collectors still exist HT will never lose its value. You might lose $50 on a sale, but that's the worst of it....with the majority of the time you'll make more money and always make your money back.

It would really take a catastrophic event before HT items lost their value (e.g. the apocalypse).

Something losing its value is when you cannot sell it for retail anymore. Even with the Tumbler re-release, in a year I am sure you will be able to sell either version for retail, and still probably even make a profit. Maybe not as high of a price as before, but definitely it will hold its value.

Well maybe it still has value in your country. In the place I am living now Ready Stocks Hot Toys are cheaper than retail. Will you consider that not losing its value ?!

YES THEY WILL...

It's bound to happen. With time, they'll be other things that will become either the fad, or further future advancements in 1/6 scale figs will then make these obsolete, as we have seen with past incarnations of 12" figure.

If you are collecting for value that's a shame. But if you are you need to hang on to things for years not months. Prices then seem to increase as these items become rear and maybe even the word antique could enter the conversation. You might be looking at your kids or grand kids benefiting from your collection then.

Back