Will Hot Toys ever lose their value?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing is guarantee look at the stock market.

comparing-apples-and-oranges.jpg

Hot toys will not loss their value because of people like me. I just sold my mark 2 and I regretted. So I bought another one mint for $500. I know people will say why I don't wait for mark 2 unleashed. To me it is a different figure from a different movie. Besides there's nothing like opening a new figure and enjoy it the seconbd time around. That's worth the money in my book.:clap

Hot toys will not loss their value because of people like me. I just sold my mark 2 and I regretted. So I bought another one mint for $500. I know people will say why I don't wait for mark 2 unleashed. To me it is a different figure from a different movie. Besides there's nothing like opening a new figure and enjoy it the seconbd time around. That's worth the money in my book.:clap

That would surely make HT not to lose their value, but I doubt there are many people like you. no offense.

That would surely make HT not to lose their value, but I doubt there are many people like you. no offense.

I wouldn't discredit him too quickly. While albeit a small fraction, I wouldn't be surprised if seller's remorse has a card to play in the high pricing. You're more apt to pay more for something you've owned and want to have back because you miss it. :huh

It's so true , It's like when your girlfriend breaks up with you and you want her back so badly, you will do anything to get her back. Buying the mark 2 again was like that for me, I was going through depression sad all the time and looking at the emptiness where mark 2 used to be. Arguing with friends and family for no reason , I felt so alone nobody understands what these figures meant to me . I could stare a it for hours at a time from the back to the front. I think I'm in love with a hot toy.:horror

It's so true , It's like when your girlfriend breaks up with you and you want her back so badly, you will do anything to get her back. Buying the mark 2 again was like that for me, I was going through depression sad all the time and looking at the emptiness where mark 2 used to be. Arguing with friends and family for no reason , I felt so alone nobody understands what these figures meant to me . I could stare a it for hours at a time from the back to the front. I think I'm in love with a hot toy.:horror

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEYf_Nxbsw&feature=related"]YouTube - I Swear ( Just Friends) Complete[/ame]​

I wouldn't discredit him too quickly. While albeit a small fraction, I wouldn't be surprised if seller's remorse has a card to play in the high pricing. You're more apt to pay more for something you've owned and want to have back because you miss it. :huh

I tend to agree. I remember my mother buying me a 3/4 SW Darth Vader for $2.99 back in 1977. I pestered her for days, and finally she relented and I had the evil Lord in my grubby 7 year old mits.

What I would give to have that feeling back now, these un-opened SW figs sell in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars now.

I imagine the same thing for younger collectors now, say in another 30+ years what will they pay for that feeling of satisfaction?

Nevertheless, I enjoy these figures and I don't see not enjoying them in the future, but who knows. My collecting habits have evolved during my years. From Lead AD&D figures to coins, comics, sports cards, boxing memorabilia, art and 'Toys.'

HT collecting is the latest hi-end trend. As times goes by more & more new collectors will join in the bandwagon & the search/hunting cycle for older popular figs will start again & again. Over time, supply in the secondary market will be depleted hence pushing the price higher, that's why we can see some items in ebay fetching as high as $800-$1,000+! e.g. Batmobile, Batpod, Robocop, etc

So as of now most of the HT figs will indeed not lose their value.

I think it depends on the actuel character aswell, look at the ht hicks, i heard he sold 4 alot a while back, but lately he is going for kinda cheaper than he use 2.

Yes, but then he went way way up! And now he came back down, but still selling for more than retail back in the day.

Few months have passed. I guess we have the answer now. HT has no value now. The slap on the face was tumbler. Well before, they reissue by repaint the existing figure and I consider that WTF.. But relaunch is exactly the way it was with no improvement at all is too much.
HT will lose its value no question bout that. Thanks

Realistically, no. As long as the world is functioning and collectors still exist HT will never lose its value. You might lose $50 on a sale, but that's the worst of it....with the majority of the time you'll make more money and always make your money back.

It would really take a catastrophic event before HT items lost their value (e.g. the apocalypse).

Something losing its value is when you cannot sell it for retail anymore. Even with the Tumbler re-release, in a year I am sure you will be able to sell either version for retail, and still probably even make a profit. Maybe not as high of a price as before, but definitely it will hold its value.

Certain ones, sure--the Hot Toys Two Face figure has gone down considerably in value. Most likely figures will either maintain their value or go up.

I actually saw one go for over $200 the other day, so the two face was just a late bloomer I guess.

You don't happen to miss a t-1000 do you?:dunno

Whoever that was got ripped off. He's still cheap.

nope. I was watching 6 different two faces and all of them sold in auction with final bids ranging from $180.00-$210.00. He's probably up because of all the batman popularity, and the fact that he is the only one not being re-issued.

Back