Will 1/4 Demon Freddy come with a hat?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gruson

GET OVER HERE!
Reaction score
I came across this picture but the Sideshow site says nothing about a hat. Please tell me he comes with a hat!

ref3-1965.jpg

I second this question & request. for the love of God, tell me he comes with the hat.
and yeah yeah, I know he doesnt have it on much in the movie when he's demon freddy, but it'd be considerate to include it for people who cant afford both premium versions.

Well,

If he does not come with it, maybe Sideshow can at least send us one...

It sounds like the same problem with the sword on the 1/6 Washington order page.
And we're still waiting for an answer on that one!

I think we will find out, when it appears on the site and an adequate description, is avoided, to further cause this anxiety. :)

As far as Freddy goes, I'm not even interested in this figure and I'm feeling stress. Is this empathetic or plain pathetic. In this case both. I mean, I couldn't even find the pic above. At least it has the hat. Whereas the one on the site doesn't show the hat. Are their two of these? Also, have you considered that the hat would not be removeable, as with the London after Midnight figure.

So could you please just change the descriptions on the sly. No need to bother posting a reply direct. No butts need to be bounced. Something, anything at all. I'm sure the society of protection of cruelty to animals could add a department to address humans pleas. This must be viewed as cruelty, surely.

Brant, why must you torment us so. :bunnydanc (I'm only mentioning Brant in a weak attempt to draw fire ;))

:D

There is only one version of the 1/4 scale Demon Freddy.

The hat should be removable, like it is on the normal Freddy 1/4.

However, the Sideshow site does not show him or even describe him coming with a hat.

He should come with one! ;)

Last edited:
Creecher, you are quite poetic sometimes. I don't think I understood half your post - but it had a nice rythm to it :wacky

And you are 100% correct - this is a Brant question :p

Edit: I stopped Brant in his tracks as he was running from one meeting to the next, and he says, and I quote: "This piece does not come with a hat - Demon Freddy never wore the hat in the movie, so the decision was made (after that prototype press picture had been taken, I assume) to have his accessory be a Jason mask, which is why the description does not mention a hat."

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, what was the question regarding the George Washington sword? I'll see if I can pull that answer out of the hat as well :D

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:
Oh, and while I'm on a roll, what was the question regarding the George Washington sword? I'll see if I can pull that answer out of the hat as well :D

Good pun Dusty, I would actually like to know about the sword; sorry horror fans.

Thanks Dusty. I get that alot. Sometimes I don't even understand my posts, reading them back a day or two later. I am still allowed to roam around without supervision.

The Washington sword. Well we only have the exclusive to view on the Sideshow site. There is no mention of a sword at all, except to say that the exclusive comes with one. We were wondering if the regular would come with one too. It would appear obvious that the exclusive would therefore come with two swords, or not? We are wondering what the exclusive sword is exactly. An ornamental piece perhaps.

Here's a link to the original question posted. https://70.86.92.101/forums/showthread.php?t=614

Roll on Dusty. :rock2 Keep rollin rollin rollin

Okay, here's what I could find out:

The "English Spur" that the description refers to is actually a sword - a very long sword that doesn't actually fit in the scabbard (it's long and skinny so sliding it in and out of the scabbard could probably easily damage it) so the figure also comes with the hilt only, which is removable from the scabbard for when you want to display him holding this sword (that way you can display him holding the telescope with the sword hilt in the scabbard OR holding the sword with the hilt taken out of the scabbard - your choice). You can see the hilt a little in the pictures displayed on his product page (on his left hip). That "English Spur" full sword and hilt/scabbard comes with both regular and exclusive versions. The exclusive edition comes with an extra sword - as far as I can tell, it's Washington's fighting sword (but it does not come with the scabbard in that picture, only the swoard). :banana

Hope that helps - as soon as the production sample comes in, we'll update the pictures! (and I sincerely hope that nothing I've transcribed here is horribly wrong - if it is, it's Klauder's fault because he's the one who explained it to me :D)

Thanks...now tell Brant to reply to his PMs. :)

Oh, my normal Freddy 1/4 figure was missing his hat so I need a replacement hat. :naughty

:D

Thank you Dusty. That has been a bigger question than the Black Oil Krycek edition. Say, did you guys ever figure out if that heat sensative paint was going to work yet or if Alex will come with two heads?

Too bad Freddy isn't coming with a hat, but oh well.

Yea!!! We got the answer! :fireworks
I thought english spur might be a type of sword but in all my searching, I never confirmed it. I even looked in encyclopedias and dictionaries for the definition but I never found Spur to be a type of sword. It always came up as "spurs" the sharp things you wear on boots when riding horses (my definition) and since English Spurs are a type of spur, I assumed the product listing had a plural typo.
Thanks for the answer Dusty!
:bow :bow :bow :bow
I'm also happy to hear George comes with that sword as the exclusive! :banana

"This piece does not come with a hat - Demon Freddy never wore the hat in the movie, so the decision was made (after that prototype press picture had been taken, I assume) to have his accessory be a Jason mask, which is why the description does not mention a hat."

is it just me or does that comment sound as if there can only be 1 accessory for premium format figures? $40 1/6 scales get to have tons of accessories, but $225 preemies ...... ONLY 1 FOR YOU!!! :banghead
I think this was a bad decision, Freddy's fedora is an essential part of the character, whether he had it on at the moment in the film or not. But thats just my opinion.

I will pay good, hard earned cash Dusty for the first extra hat that comes out of a returned Freddy broken in transit. :confused:

I personally think for people who do request a hat, they should send us one.

This is an expensive piece and a Sideshow exclusive at that.

We deserve a hat. It's FREDDY!!!!

creecher said:
You did well remembering that explanation Dusty. Can someone explain it to me? :D

It's great to start the weekend without stress. :rolleyes:

Hey Buttmunch, Brant explained that they would be using heat sensitive paint and that he would not have two heads. check here https://70.86.92.101/forums/showthread.php?t=576

Creecher, I'm pretty sure that Dusty is saying that regular Washington will come with a scabbard, a hilt, and a whole sword (hilt+blade). The blade would be too delicate to slide into the scabbard so you'll have to insert the extra hilt into the scabbard to make him sheathe his sword.
And the exclusive extra sword won't come with it's own scabbard to sheathe it into.

You are 100% correct, Screamingmetal, that's what I was *trying* to say :D

Thanks!

And you know, I never knew there was a sword called an "English Spur" either, but maybe they decided to call it that because the hilt kinda looks like the part of the spur that attaches to the boot - it also has a little bumped up ridge that runs the length of the blade down the middle that supposedly makes the wound worse and harder to heal - perhaps that is referred to as a spur sometimes? :confused: But it is most definitely a sword!

Back