Why the increase in the Aliens Maquette Edition Size?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7220

Limited Edition: 600

The newsletter announcing the ES said 600 as well, but I can't find the email anymore.

P1010495.jpg

What was the reason for the increase? Thank you!

Where do they plan on selling 750 of these?....I've been going on and off the waitlist for this every 3 weeks or so. Even though it says "sold out" it always converts for me the NEXT day every time without fail so far. Its a load of bull that these are sold out. Try it yourself if you dont believe me...

Chris

You taking the plunge on this piece chris? I never took you for an aliens guy.

Ya im not really....I just thought this one looked kinda cool. I dont have any aliens pieces in my collection right now. But I thought when SS starts putting out Avatar stuff I could have a corner in my collection room for collectibles of movies James Cameron created. I dont think I would be purchasing anymore after this one though. Unless they do another 1:1.

Chris

This is bad practise to increase ES. You will lose alot of respect with this practise IMO.

They'll probably explain it as a typo on the website and newsletter. It's a lot easier than trying to explain an "international edition" that is exactly the same again.

Yep, typo :( Apologies for the error and any confusion is has caused; it was not intentional at all. Occasionally things get lost in translation from start to finish. The number on the base is the correct edition size and our site has been updated.

That is a huge increase suddenly.

From 600 to 750 ...

Very lame action from SS ...

Where do they plan on selling 750 of these?....I've been going on and off the waitlist for this every 3 weeks or so. Even though it says "sold out" it always converts for me the NEXT day every time without fail so far. Its a load of bull that these are sold out. Try it yourself if you dont believe me...

Chris

Retailers still can buy "Sold Out" Items,so when you see "Sold Out" it's just a bunch of BULL...

This is why ES should be announced on PPOs and exclusives on day one.

yep, pretty much, they like to see how much interest a piece has before setting the ES. We dont like it, but it obviously works for them :emperor.

who really cares? 600 isn't very limited at all anyway. it's not like this went from 150 to 750.

I feel the same way, sort of. Now if my McVader went from 250 to 750, then I would be upset. Honestly, while the think look sick, edition size did play a factor in my ordering the helmet. Edition size to cost ratio in that case, for me personally.

But with the Aliens maquette, 150 more is not too bad. However, Sideshow should get their edition size manipulations under control. Not a very professional practice. I do collect what I like, but still. First the Predalien bust went down from 500 (still listed) to 350, then the Aliens maquette went up from 600 to 750, and now, if you did not know already, the Donatello comiquette regular went way down from 600 (still listed) to 400! Less than the exclusive.

WTF??? :confused:

Ya im not really....I just thought this one looked kinda cool. I dont have any aliens pieces in my collection right now. But I thought when SS starts putting out Avatar stuff I could have a corner in my collection room for collectibles of movies James Cameron created. I dont think I would be purchasing anymore after this one though. Unless they do another 1:1.

Chris

That sounds great Chris!
I was sort of in the same boat where I wanted only 1 Aliens item, so I bought the 1:1 and never looked back. I would love to see pics of your collection one day!

Back