Why so many Queen maquettes FS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus, I have a feeling Sideshow will gain rights to produce it for their LSF line and charge much less than what people ask for it.
Good one. In a future, when they run out of alien stuff to release, maybe they'll bring us this maquette. A complex one to put out, though.

Another possible project on the table was an Alien Queen 1:2 scale bust (or maybe a more suitable 1:2.5 scale, awesome idea nevertheless). They were considering on making it.

Hmm I doubt sideshow would make life size to be fair. All life size ss statue has been Hunan style so no bigger then 8 foot talk while queen would be 14 to 15. It's just not feasible.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

LSf stands for legendary scale figure. The 1/4 maquette would fit in that line.
Theres no way in hell I'd ever buy a lifesizee queen. She's just too big.

Except if SS ever put one out it would have a factory paint job and wouldn't look as good as the "true" maquettes:pfft:.

The paint on the 1/4 Queen bust they put out, looks good. In fact, it looks better than some of the fullsize maquettes I've seen. Some people went too crazy with the lines and too bright with the blue. IMHO.

Except if SS ever put one out it would have a factory paint job and wouldn't look as good as the "true" maquettes:pfft:.

The paintjob on the Sideshow bust is awesome. I have it and in person it pass for professional work not for a factory one.

The maquettes I've seen over these years in the forums dont even match this quality. Maybe the one Joe Dunaway made does. This is one of the Sideshow's best.

I not seen the SS bust in person but from videos and close up pictures the paint is simply awesome.

I doubt HT will ever release a Queen so we just gotta hold out for NECA version.

However for thoe rich folk they can wait for SS 1/6 scale version if they ever release it!

Sorry but I have to disagree (as other members have already mentioned) SS did an incredible job on the 1/4 Queen bust. I have it and it's beautiful up close. Practically flawless IMO. Not too much blue and the lines look great. So if SS ever did make a full 1/4 maquette, I would think that they would paint the body, legs and tail exactly the same way they painted the bust. Which would look a lot better than some of the "true" maquettes that you were referring to. :pfft: :monkey1

I don't think the same quality paint job on the bust would likely be carried over to a full size maquette.I think it would require to much from SS resources:rolleyes2.

if they ever release a life size I'm going to really miss those cathedral ceilings I used to have lol

im hurting bad b/c of economy but my statues are the last thing i would sell. Been mostly selling vintage collectibles...mostly. Unfortunately they dont come close to being worth what i paid or i break even and thats it :(

Back