Why so few horror collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot666

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just wondering why there is such a lack of horror collectibles? Obviously there is a market for them. Does anyone have an explanation for why SS has not made any life sized busts of the classic slashers? PF's of Pinhead, Leatherface, Michael Myers, Ghostface (yes I include Ghostface as I really enjoy the Scream franchise now despite dispising it when originally released)? I really like the comic movies, but maybe when Disney stops pumping money into them SS will start producing more horror collectibles? :pray:

What's the deal Sideshow? Thoughts?

There's some kind of issue with Michael Myers. Not sure what it is, but there's a reason we haven't seen him in a very long time.

Some like Myers and Pinhead are in licensing hell and I don't know if NECA has anything to do with it or not. A lifesize bust line would be awesome I don't know why they haven't gone there.
I would settle for one awesome horror movie PF every spook.
Myers, Pinhead and butcher outfit Leatherface are grails to me.

Trick R Treat Studios just made a killer affordable Michael Myers mask. The Key is call it "Halloween 2" and license it from universal or whomever. But, if it's Universal----that may be why SSC doesnt do Myers. They split vry badly apparently.

Its kind of like "Evil Dead" and "Army of Darkness" with regards ro Myers. as for the rest---who knows?:peace

I dont know, Queen of the Dead, Jack the Ripper, Elvira...they havent abandoned horror, this isn't the Disney line!

I am looking forward to Tweeterheads Elvira myself, and if they do more fully painted stuff will throw alot of business their way. Have a pretty awesome looking Kimba the witch I make get for a halloween display.

The license is really really muddy as to who owns what

Right.
I remember, it was just a mess and the bottom line was that we're going to be waiting a very long time before we see anything worthwhile in terms of collectibles. We've been waiting for a long time for it to get sorted out. :(

I dont know, Queen of the Dead, Jack the Ripper, Elvira...they havent abandoned horror, this isn't the Disney line!

I am looking forward to Tweeterheads Elvira myself, and if they do more fully painted stuff will throw alot of business their way. Have a pretty awesome looking Kimba the witch I make get for a halloween display.

While those are "scary" characters, I crave movie based horror genre characters. I hope to learn about how licenses and collectibles work as I don't fully understand that business. I'm still somewhat confused over the cancellation of the Pinhead PF after it appeared to be a finished proto. Not to beat that dead horse...but I'm still dissappointed. :monkey2

Back