Why no internal art boxes for some pieces?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a bit of a shame as I love reading the art boxes before I open them up.
Its sort of a favorite ritual of mine...

I don't want my Legolas shipped in a crappy box like that! All the other LotR PFs had art boxes. Hopefully it's like Dave said and it's only the smaller run stuff.

I could care less about the inner color box, as long as the statue arrives intact.

I definitely would do away with the graphcs on the shipping box though.. I have to have my stuff sent to work, and really don't need everyone there seeing a picture of what I'm buying.

:lol I already get enough grief from the folks who notice the text on the current boxes :lol

It is sad to see the shiny exclusive sticker stuck on those cardboard boxes. :lol

Batty, you read my mind!

I'm sure it's just a budget thing. This is a way to cut down some costs on pieces that have smaller production runs.

I talked to one of the reps for replacements from SS today about this. She said that sometimes it is a licensing issue, and that as part of the issue with the smaller runs, SS has no choice in whether the color box comes with it.

Its a bit of a shame as I love reading the art boxes before I open them up.
Its sort of a favorite ritual of mine...

I know what you mean! Is this a Canadian thing or collector thing?

I definitely would do away with the graphcs on the shipping box though.. I have to have my stuff sent to work, and really don't need everyone there seeing a picture of what I'm buying.

:lol I already get enough grief from the folks who notice the text on the current boxes :lol

Tell me about it. At my work place the word is I collect dolls. And to boot, the receptionist looked at me one day and said that if she new me in high school and I collected these statues, I would be the type of kid she would beat up!:gun

I talked to one of the reps for replacements from SS today about this. She said that sometimes it is a licensing issue, and that as part of the issue with the smaller runs, SS has no choice in whether the color box comes with it.

Yeah, but the Black beard PF has no license holder...:mad:

Tell me about it. At my work place the word is I collect dolls. And to boot, the receptionist looked at me one day and said that if she new me in high school and I collected these statues, I would be the type of kid she would beat up!:gun

:lol:lol:lol

I use the box inside as a display-stand for most of my statues at the moment, please dont stop making those :p

Well tell her some people like that kind of stuff, and wink. ;)

i'll believe that when i see it.

just improve the QC sideshow, and make sure the packaging isn't the reason the items don't arrive damaged.

ie: hulk vs spidey, IM lsb and many more i'm sure.

Less boxing, means possible more damage. Wait till the guy shipping or the guy handling your box sees the nice golden sticker with the nice art on the cardboard box.

Is SS cutting back? Is that confirmed?

Last edited:
didn't they do this with the 1:1 Maul Bust?

Yes and no, Maul has an internal art box, but the shipping box does have graphics on it -- offsetting for me, even in a nice neighborhood I don't completely trust my neighbors! :lol

I think something was posted somewhere .... maybe in the Blackbeard thread? ... I know I saw a post somewhere.....

Back