why is your shipping cost so outragous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add 18% for taxes on top (this is under EU requirements, not SS)

While it isn't quite 18%, if you live in California, you also have to pay 8.75% in taxes which really sucks.

Predator 1 14-inch - Excl w/ m
Sub Total: $174.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $12.49
Sales Tax: $14.44
------------
Invoice Total: $201.92

I think sideshow should give us more options on shipping.because I would rather use the postal system with out the stupid signature signing crap.and it would be alot cheaper and less of a pain in my a$$ to get my stuff.I have to have the signature signed stuff go to my mothers house.since I am not home to sign for it,I have to pay more and go out of my way to get stuff.again let us have the option to have stuff sent cheaper.heck I will sign a waiver that I release sideshow from responsibility.
I know the shipping cost is not that bad if you order a figure here and there,but in my case I order almost everything they put out and if you add all the shipping charges up thats alot of cash that could be used to buy more figures.I really dont care who has the highest shipping charges,all I want is more options on shipping.they can do it if they want.so hopefully if enough of us fuss,then maybe they will give us that option.

Can you post a screen shot of your latest 1/6 order direct from sideshow? I agree with King, my Dutch shipping charge was $7.86.

Seriously? Mine was $15?!?

Wonder what Coco is getting charged... I know we seem to be one stop further than you, but I couldn't see why I would be charged 2x?

$9.74 for Vito and $14.04 for IM mark II. I would have thought Vito would have cost more but I deduced that from my CC bill since I don't have my SS invoice anymore so I may be wrong.

I think sideshow should give us more options on shipping.because I would rather use the postal system with out the stupid signature signing crap.and it would be alot cheaper and less of a pain in my a$$ to get my stuff. I have to have the signature signed stuff go to my mothers house.since I am not home to sign for it,I have to pay more and go out of my way to get stuff.again let us have the option to have stuff sent cheaper.heck I will sign a waiver that I release sideshow from responsibility.
I know the shipping cost is not that bad if you order a figure here and there,but in my case I order almost everything they put out and if you add all the shipping charges up thats alot of cash that could be used to buy more figures.I really dont care who has the highest shipping charges,all I want is more options on shipping.they can do it if they want.so hopefully if enough of us fuss,then maybe they will give us that option.

They have a signature waiver form on their site...issue solved.

o.k. I called sideshow and asked about the form.it does exist and it will make shipping cheaper anywhere from $2.50-$4.00 cheaper.the down side of the form is you have to fill out one for each order you have and any new order in the future and mail it back to them or fax it.that will suck as I have 17 orders right now.but the savings will be worth it.
jennifer did say they are working on a blanket form that will cover everything you aorder,but no idea when that will happen.
so thanks for the heads up on that.

The last time I tried to mail a larger package I found out that the U.S. postal service is just as expensive as UPS or FEDEx now, unless you want to send it freight and then it takes like 10 days. Shipping is just outrageous these days, no matter what company is used.

Just had to add a comment/question Dusty-- I can't speak for other Canadian collectors but the price of shipping (and adding the custom fees) to Canada has really curtailed my buying Exclusives directly from SSC. Is there any option of someday something like a Canadian warehouse?... Sometimes the shipping (+custom fees) cost as much as the item(s).

What's equally as frustrating is I've got a US P.O. Box (as I live on the border) but SSC won't ship unless it's a house number-- or am I missing something?

What's equally as frustrating is I've got a US P.O. Box (as I live on the border) but SSC won't ship unless it's a house number-- or am I missing something?

I don't know enough about their policies, but is there a U.S. UPS Store nearby and can you ship to that?

I don't know enough about their policies, but is there a U.S. UPS Store nearby and can you ship to that?

There is a UPS truck/storage area across the border which I have picked up items from another US on-line store before (BBTS I believe... or maybe Brian's Toys) but I didn't think that was an option... Is it Dusty?

If you guys think you have it bad in the US try living in the EU where we are charged huge import taxes on top of expensive shipping from Sideshow.

Here is a typical one the Indy PF.

Sub Total: $279.99
Freight: $44.93
VAT/Sales Tax: $48.74
------------
Invoice Total: $373.66

Here is a typical one the Indy PF.

Sub Total: $279.99
Freight: $44.93
VAT/Sales Tax: $48.74
------------
Invoice Total: $373.66

Hehe... Indy PF. But Indy PF is big some might think! Now don't think that shipping would be cheaper for a 1/6 figure.
Here's the last invoice I had to pay:

Sub Total: $174.99
Freight: $45.73
VAT/Sales Tax: $33.11
------------
Invoice Total: $253.83

That was for the HT 1/6 original Predator. That's $0.80 MORE for a 12" figure... . The only time this shipping cost massacre is bearable, is when SSC combines orders. Thankfully they do it as much as they can. For me anyway.
I've been complaining about the shipping costs for ever. Good that others join in. So, is there a conclusion at hand?

There is a UPS truck/storage area across the border which I have picked up items from another US on-line store before (BBTS I believe... or maybe Brian's Toys) but I didn't think that was an option... Is it Dusty?

That would be a question for Customer Service, as I really have no idea at all how shipping works. Sorry... but they will be happy to help figure it out :duff

Like others have said. SS does not set shipping costs. Buy elsewhere if you're not happy.

The only way to ship "cheap" international is with USPS and they have limits on the size of the box and SS does not ship USPS anyway.

Back