why is your shipping cost so outragous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobamike

Super Freak
Reaction score
I ship alot of stuff myself,so I know how much shipping cost is.and you guys are charging alot more than it cost to ship stuff.I have bought your products for some time now.and I am seriously thinking about going else where because you charge so much for shipping.I have gotten a few of the items you carry off ebay cheaper and shipping was alot less.

I dont get anything from the US companies or shops, i cant be asked with having to pay custom charges on top as well.

Not sure where you are located, but in my experience, Sideshow's shipping prices are pretty competitive (in the U.S. at least - can't comment on overseas because I've never had anything personally shipped overseas).

For instance, I tried to mail a 2 1/2 pound package Priority Mail at the U.S. post office (priority isn't even overnight or anything special - it's 3-day)... they wanted to charge me $29.95!! Granted, the box was 20" x 12" in dimension... but still! UPS was only $15.95 - but that's still more than Sideshow charges to ship something the same size within the U.S.

Not sure where you are located, but in my experience, Sideshow's shipping prices are pretty competitive (in the U.S. at least - can't comment on overseas because I've never had anything personally shipped overseas).

For instance, I tried to mail a 2 1/2 pound package Priority Mail at the U.S. post office (priority isn't even overnight or anything special - it's 3-day)... they wanted to charge me $29.95!! Granted, the box was 20" x 12" in dimension... but still! UPS was only $15.95 - but that's still more than Sideshow charges to ship something the same size within the U.S.

Priority has become ridiculous. Lighter stuff I go USPS. Heavy ^^^^ goes UPS or Fedex.

I can assure you that oversea's shipping isn't pretty. I am almost expecting the Fedex cost for the Mount Doom dio to a little bit under half the actual statue cost.
If the quote turns out to be like $20USD, I'll be hugely surprised.

And $11USD for a PF, wouldn't that be heaven, try adding a 0 and then some.

Don't see a problem with the shipping cost either, they beat the price I have to pay on eBay..

I am in the states and have ZERO issues with the cost of shipping from SSC, seems pretty fair to me.

Quoted and highlighted the important part of that sentance.

Don't see a problem with the shipping cost either, they beat the price I have to pay on eBay..

That's because you are getting the stock shipped from the Europe warehouse, compared to the US ebay people that are having to air mail direct from the states.

The massive cost of shipping is one reason why I have waited in the past and purchased locally.

Quoted and highlighted the important part of that sentance.

That's because you are getting the stock shipped from the Europe warehouse, compared to the US ebay people that are having to air mail direct from the states.

The massive cost of shipping is one reason why I have waited in the past and purchased locally.

easy solution, move closer

I just checked my 1st order with Sideshow in 2003, Classic Freddy, it cost $ 6.25 and my most recent figure HT Dutch it cost $7.95.

Not much of an increase at all.

Yeah, I hear house's are real cheap in some places, all most giving them away. Of course I'd then still need a job for live expenses, so it may not work out so good.

soon everything will be free in America and you won't even have to work for it, so start packing. You don't even need a passport/visa if you come through either California or Arizona.

I just checked my 1st order with Sideshow in 2003, Classic Freddy, it cost $ 6.25 and my most recent figure HT Dutch it cost $7.95.

Freddy = ~$50
Dutch = ~ $150

shipping has been fairly consistent though

I am in south carolina,and every 1/6th figure I have gotten has costed around $15.00-$20.00 to ship to me.that is over priced in my book.nothing I ship cost that much.and I do ship alot of items.I have bought several items sideshow offers below thier retail price and with free shipping.thats why I think I will stop buying direct from sideshow and go with other dealers.they gouge us with over pricing and the icing on the cake is over priced shipping.

how can they charge $7.95 for you and almost $20.00 to me for the same figure.thats bull manure! and I know location has a factor in the math,but come on.it wouldnt cost me that much to send a package to sideshow that only weighs 4lbs with tracking and delivery confirmation ,it would cost around $9.00 so I guess the rest of that charge is handling charges.like I said they are making money every way they can.I would rather give my money to a buisness that is willing to give its customers a savings.

Shipping is really putting me off from ordering anythng else from SS. My latest is the HT Pred 1 EX, which cost $72US to post through Fedex (to send to Australia). So, $175 for the Pred and $72 in post is $247US ..and convert that into terms of Au currency, $339AU ..that really hits the wallet to purchase a single 1/6 figure ..essentially, just for the sake of having the exclusive accessory!

Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to skip collecting exclusives and just buy direct from HK for new releases, where registered air parcel charges are usually in the $30 to 40US range for 1/6 scale, and at times the figures can also be bought under Sideshow's retail.

Back