Why is it "Sequels First" with Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely get one from A3, great design. Resurrection I'd be less inclined, but depending on the final product might be swayed. But definitely no interest in the weird Alien/Ripley baby monstrosity.

The Alien 3 "runner" is so much better looking than any alien design after it. The colours are great - I'm sure we'll see one eventually. I love the film BTW, I disagree that most fans frown upon it...some maybe, not most.

i think the first 3 alien design rocks equal in various different aspect , but they are the best , after the runner design the aliens became garbage...

One interesting question, though, is why they started with AVP on the Predator side, but Aliens on the Alien side. Certainly Aliens is much more popular than Alien 3 or Resurrection, but if they wanted to really milk the line they would have started with one of the later films. This leads me to believe that they might not have realized how popular the Aliens figures would be. Just a theory.

HT probley stated with AVP because at the time the movie wasn't even a year old, they needed to get them out before they missed their window.

But Aliens, thats something very diffrent.

plainly put Aliens=cool toys

it's the only film in the seires that is remotly marketable, think about it:

ALIEN: one cool monster and seven boring looking humans.

Alien3: you got the monster yes, but the movie was severely depressing, almost every charactor is a prisoner, and the one cool looking idea in the movie, the WYcomandos, aren't on screen long enough to make an inpacket on the viewer.

A:R: some what cool looking, but widely disliked and no real stand out charactors.

Aliens, quit honestly, is sexy from both the consumer and marketing POV.

the question isn't why start with Aliens, it's why wouldn't you start with Aliens.

Kenner knew it, Video game makers know it, and I think it's clear Hottoys knows it. It was a safer bet to start with the USCM with their cool armor and weapons then the Nostromos crew with every type cloths.

the fact that the military theam is overriding theam in the world or 1:6 probley helped too :p:D

Back