Why do we do it????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guttermouth

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Spend up on so much collectables from 2 horrible movies???

The two AVP movies I can not stand a single bit, but then I look back and I have grabbed the 1:1 Wolf bust, the 2 replica predator masks along with a bunch of Hot Toys 12".....Anybody else wondered??

Because they look sooooooooooooo good I guess. These movies weren't really that horrible were they? I didn't mind 'em.

They didnt sucker me in, bro. I only collect from movies that I have ALWAYS loved and grew up with cos they serve as a great reminder. The AvP and Terminator Salvation and all that stuff do not fall in that cataogory cos they are relatively new films that have NOT stood the test of time or have not been a part of my "blueprint".

Not really.
Even tough the movie's bad, we know a badass creature design when we see it.

Wouldn't you buy a badass-looking/realistic 1:1 predator that wasn't even in a movie if you could afford one? The Narin bio design being a good example.

They didnt sucker me in, bro. I only collect from movies that I have ALWAYS loved and grew up with cos they serve as a great reminder. The AvP and Terminator Salvation and all that stuff do not fall in that cataogory cos they are relatively new films that have NOT stood the test of time or have not been a part of my "blueprint".

i used to be a stickler to the same rationale. but now i have freddy, jason, myers, avp, t3, and bunch of other cool figures from crappy movies.

sometimes it's just hard to resist cool looking toys, regardless of what you think of the movies.

sometimes it's just hard to resist cool looking toys, regardless of what you think of the movies.

Exactly. Analogy: just because a beautiful actress is in a lousy movie, you don't think she's any less hot, do you? :naughty :monkey5

:confused:
4611.jpg

I wish I could do that. If I were to follow your way of collecting I'd be sticking solely and exclusively to original trilogy Star wars 3 3/4", Terminator 1&2, Robocop, Predator 1 and 2 and Alien 1-3. Basically the film license toy lines I've been collecting in some form since I was a child.

Instead I'm buying all those plus Hot Toys Batman, Superman, Iron man, Medicom Spiderman, Hot toys AvP:R, T4, Hasbro Prequel Star Wars and I'm giving thought to the idea of the Hot toys DX Rambo and Rocky.

The two AVP movies I can not stand a single bit, but then I look back and I have grabbed the 1:1 Wolf bust, the 2 replica predator masks along with a bunch of Hot Toys 12".....Anybody else wondered??

Because people are insane!

I find it easy to still celebrate good art direction within a bad movie.

For instance if Pan's Labyrinth had been an awful movie, Id still jump all over a Faun & Pale Man if Sideshow released maquettes or something ... :monkey1

Because they can :lol
Alien/predator is among the best sci fi character out there

Not really.
Even tough the movie's bad, we know a badass creature design when we see it.

:chew

I buy statues that I think looks good in the house. I don't care how horrible or great the movie was. If it looks good, the company gets my $$$

I saw a creening of Trick or Treat at the Mann's Chinese in Hollywood. This movie was great. Don't know why they haven't released it.

Anyway, back on topic.

I hated the AVP movie, but the figures looked great, especially since I had always wanted great Pred and Alien figures, but nobody ever did them, so I bought them all. The later Machiko figure got me to read the novels of AVP, and now I actually like the AVP movie.

AVP-R is now my least fave due to the fact that I'm usbjected to Aliens in the sporting goods section and in high school swimming pools. Did anybody ever ask to see that?:( The Wolf was a good Pred, but he's my least fave figure.

Stuff is too expensive now adays to buy stuff that just looks "cool".
If preadtor figures were $50 each, than sure knock yourself out. But at $180+ the days of buying figures based on sculpt alone are long gone for me. I can only afford the "must haves" and thats perfectly okay with me

Back