Why are Hot Toys so expensive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same boat here. My "must haves" is getting shorter and shorter. It's pretty much just Star Trek now. Unless there's a live-action Guy Gardner anytime soon, there aren't many more supes I want. It's mostly Star Trek, and thankfully those are still at a reasonable "collect 'em all" price.
It’s across the board. NECA are over $50 CAN. Star Wars vintage collection over $20 CAN and SW Black series are $40+ CAN. Prices like this take the fun out of “collecting toys”. I no longer have the desire to purchase so I have been buying only the “must have”. And after collecting for 30 years there is not much “must have” left.
Yeah, I have basically quit NECA outside of TMNT(Well that line is almost finished for me bc only so much movie and original cartoon merch is left) and Marvel Legends....I laugh at the 25-40 dollar price tags. I moved on.

NECA is past 30 for almost all their figures. I saw a Gremlins 2 pk for 60 dollars? I paid 40 or so a couple years ago for the Christmas one i believe. I think I am out of the NECA game bc of prices.

IF NECA isn't worth the 30, no way Hasbro is worth it either. I am very interested in HAsbro's sales data. I really do not see people willing to pay that much for their figures.

I've been asked this from a bunch of people who don't understand why I would drop hundreds of dollars on a "fancy action figure". My answer. They're awesome!

The real answer though is:

- They’re extremely high quality

well not with fake leather unfortunately.
They have unfortunately flaking issues with that.

The last HT figure I got was ALIEN Ellen Ripley. I sold everything else and collect figures from other companies as they sell what I want, and are cheaper.

I swear there was a time when Sideshow reps were on this site lurking in the background. A figure would be shown at a con then there was speculation about what the cost would be in a thread. High prices were thrown around then BAM! It would be on Sideshow for PO at that price.

Back