Who should play Captain America?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should play Steve Rogers/ Captain America?

• Leonardo Dicaprio

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Matt Damon

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Brad Pitt

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Matthew McConaughey

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • John Cena

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • a wrestler

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • An unknown

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • Neil McDonough

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Mark Valley

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I'm gonna be honest with you, when they casted Bale as Batman I said "The Guy from American Psycho and Equilibrium? He's alright in those movies but he can't play Batman..." I was dead wrong, my favorite actor to wear the suit. DO NOT COUNT OUT AN ACTOR DUE TO PREVIOUS ROLES, they've surprised us before.

I think this is equally...no...moreso true with RDJr. and Iron Man.

But my opinion in my previous post stands.

Realistically there shouldn't be an "unknown" on the list. After Norton and Downey we know that's not the direction they are going. It will be someone like Damon or Dicaprio or McConhaughey or even Paul Walker if he has a breakout acting role soon.

Probably a good thing I am not picking Cap. I NEVER would have gone for RDJr. as TS nor EN as BB. And they paid off well. I am sure that no matter who Marvel uses, they'll nail him.

going with Damon. he's got the "All-American" look at has proved in the Bourne films he can kick a suitable amount of ass.

Can we get some Photoshops done with these guys in at least the cowls? I'd use the Ultimates version since in reality that's the one they'll most likely use, they'll just throw the wings on it.

John Cena all the way.

Perfect look and that movie he was actually pretty good in that recent movie.

25927762.gif

John Cena all the way.

Perfect look and that movie he was actually pretty good in that recent movie.

25927762.gif

He has "the look". He can't act.

Imagine him in scenes with RDJ, Samuel L. moth&$&(*$(^ Jackson, and Ed Norton...:horror

Dave already said it but I'll say it again. Marvel Studios is obviously looking for acting talent first and foremost. An Unknown and a Wrestler probably aren't going to happen unless a ton of people turning it down.

Dave already said it but I'll say it again. Marvel Studios is obviously looking for acting talent first and foremost. An Unknown and a Wrestler probably aren't going to happen unless a ton of people turning it down.

True, there is good acting talent in IM and the Hulk but both of those movies didn't require a physical presence to portray the superpower of the characters.

With Cap and even more so Thor the physical aspect of the character is very important. If they stick someone like Leonardo Dicaprio a Cap suit without adding 60 pounds of muscle then you don't have Cap. At least not to me.

Anyone can bulk up, not to mention the suit will be enhanced like any other Superhero before them. Even Thor if they take the modern route of the Ultimates which is actually based on Brad Pitt's likeness doesn't have the muscle mass but has the presence needed.

none all horrible choices and definitely not DiCaprio cause he is just Nasty and cannot act

Pitt, Downey Jr, Norton and DiCaprio as The Avengers.

Pitt could be a great Thor, but would have to have CGI for the sheer size of him, compared to the rest.
Downey Jr is Iron Man
Norton was good as Banner.
But I think they need to go unknown for Cap.
Too Iconic.
Kinda like Wolverine with Jackman.

Back