Who lives in Australia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, well it has to be at a pub. Alcohol with help ease the initial awkwardness! The Carlton Hotel on Bourke Street would be a good venue... I like that place it's quite yet trendy.

Cool, well it has to be at a pub. Alcohol with help ease the initial awkwardness! The Carlton Hotel on Bourke Street would be a good venue... I like that place it's quite yet trendy.

Sound's good mate.
P.M me the official details and I'll get back to ya.

we should arrange a big Official Australia Collectors Meet Up and the end of the year or something like that, let me know if you are keen

haha thats a good place to meet, its not to much $$$ to fly from here to there, and its nicer then sydney :lol

I don't post much but live here in melbourne. And as for vegimite if you have it on toast after a night of drinking it will help stop a hangover. Vitamin B all the way. Of course it depends on how much you've drunk and whether you can keep it down.

I don't post much but live here in melbourne. And as for vegimite if you have it on toast after a night of drinking it will help stop a hangover. Vitamin B all the way. Of course it depends on how much you've drunk and whether you can keep it down.

OMG Ascend!! Being a junior member here I hope we are talking about you're old man and not yourself!!!!:horror

Yeah, come on, spill ya guts. What do you want to see? What do you think an Australian experience is? The north is in the tropics and the south is heading toward the Antarctic, so where is a major player.

Well, I'm wanting to see a lot of things. I'm thinking about doing the Qantas deal where you get a flight to Australia from California and three flights within Australia for less than $2000. Additional flights are only $100 each. I'm planning on being there for about 18 days or so, perhaps 3 full weeks.

I'd like to see the following:

Uluru
Great Barrier Reef
Sydney
Kakadu National Park
The Apostles
Gold Coast
Litchfield National Park

Obviously I may not get to see everything, in fact I know I won't, but those are some of my most wanted to go places. Any other suggestions?

Hmm pretty good selection. I'd say possibly check out Byron Bay which is the most eastern point of Aust. Lots of backpakers tend to go there, and has a hippy/feral alternative vibe to the place.

Ahmm ..since you're going to Vic to see the 12 Apostles, I'd suggest Ballarat for good a good insight to the gold rush days, particularly as Soveign Hill is located there. Although even if you don't get to see much of Victoria on your trip, just checking out the Melbourne CBD is good, especially for nightlife/clubbing on Friday and Sat nights.

Well I think Brisband or Sydney would be a good place for the meet. Ideally for me I'd say Melbourne, but you know I understand that Melbourne in South East and not the cheapest place to fly to. At least Brisband & Sydney are half-ish way for everyone to meetup!

I'm planning on being there for about 18 days or so, perhaps 3 full weeks.
Three weeks, hmmm. First stop is Sydney. It always is, mostly. If I were you I'd see if I could get a connecting flight through Sydney to Brisbane. Hit the Gold Coast, lovely weather and beaches. Visit Warner Bros Movie World, Sea World, Wet & Wild, and Dream World. You can get a pass for three of the four theme parks at a discount. Visit Ripley's Believe it or Not, which is hard to find in the middle of the shopping district. There's a rain forest close by as well, and check out one of the animal sanctuaries about. Head on further north to the Barrier Reef, and that'll be half your holiday over.

Fly out to Alice Springs to get to Uluru (previously known as Ayer's Rock), and see if you can get someone to fly you north to Kakadu and Litchfield, or go to Darwin and head south, and your holiday will have been hectic and over and you will need a break when you get back home.

Actually, you're probably best going Sydney, Brisbane to Barrier Reef to Darwin and south to Alice Springs then back to Sydney and home. You'll have seen everything but the Apostles. Or you could do that trip in reverse and end up at the Gold Coast where you'll be able to relax and refresh yourself before going home, and it gives you the opportunity of saying not enough time to visit the theme parks and spend your time at the beach.

Movie World is hype and merchandise. Dream World is rides galore and has a small Australian animal park, where you might be able to pat a Koala if it's not busy. Sea World is my pick of the parks. Very clean, good rides, swim with a dolphin. Wet and Wild is water slides, wave pools that sort of thing.

Well I think Brisband or Sydney would be a good place for the meet. Ideally for me I'd say Melbourne, but you know I understand that Melbourne in South East and not the cheapest place to fly to. At least Brisband & Sydney are half-ish way for everyone to meetup!

EXACTLY :gun

Three weeks, hmmm. First stop is Sydney. It always is, mostly. If I were you I'd see if I could get a connecting flight through Sydney to Brisbane. Hit the Gold Coast, lovely weather and beaches. Visit Warner Bros Movie World, Sea World, Wet & Wild, and Dream World. You can get a pass for three of the four theme parks at a discount. Visit Ripley's Believe it or Not, which is hard to find in the middle of the shopping district. There's a rain forest close by as well, and check out one of the animal sanctuaries about. Head on further north to the Barrier Reef, and that'll be half your holiday over.

Fly out to Alice Springs to get to Uluru (previously known as Ayer's Rock), and see if you can get someone to fly you north to Kakadu and Litchfield, or go to Darwin and head south, and your holiday will have been hectic and over and you will need a break when you get back home.

Actually, you're probably best going Sydney, Brisbane to Barrier Reef to Darwin and south to Alice Springs then back to Sydney and home. You'll have seen everything but the Apostles. Or you could do that trip in reverse and end up at the Gold Coast where you'll be able to relax and refresh yourself before going home, and it gives you the opportunity of saying not enough time to visit the theme parks and spend your time at the beach.

Movie World is hype and merchandise. Dream World is rides galore and has a small Australian animal park, where you might be able to pat a Koala if it's not busy. Sea World is my pick of the parks. Very clean, good rides, swim with a dolphin. Wet and Wild is water slides, wave pools that sort of thing.

However, Melbourne is the culture hub and has the most stuff going on generally. It's was the World's Most liveable city there for awhile up until last year. we lost out to Paris!

PS: Worst Victorian Ever CREECH!

Culture sucks. You can go to the Museum, the Arts centre, then, then, Oh yeah, the Apostles and ummm, Healesville sanctuary, then, ummm, eat a witchetty grub. We got it all going on down here. Actually the Great Ocean road is spectacular, which is how you get to the Apostles. Great if you're not the driver. You can visit the old Naval base, camp out at Wilsons prom, if you don't mind freezing cold water, plenty of restaurants, none of them Australian which is a bonus. You can do an excellent pub crawl. Great place to live but I wouldn't want to visit.

So Grange, what ya got for the poor guy. I gave it my best shot, and covered most of his criteria. Still, he never told us what he thought an Australian experience would be, and yeah, Sovereign Hill is great, but you forgot to tell him the best was at night when they do the re-enactment of the Eureka Stockade. There's plenty of Australia but it takes a day or two to get to where you want to go. Plus I didn't tell him about the fresh water crocs in the parks and the salt water crocs around Darwin, or the bush pigs, buffaloes, snakes, spiders, blue ringed octopi, jellyfish, white pointers etc etc so it wasn't all gravy. :D

Back