Who do you guys use for insurance on your stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfoga said:
What is says is this:

Not covered: bullion, gold, coins containing gold or platinum, jewelry, watches, fures, fine arts and objects of fine art such as origianal paintings, statues or simular objects, erotic material,etc...

I belive they mean fine art statues but worded very poorly.

I will let everyone know the exact answer.
Please do, I am interested to find out. :)

I asked if statues/busts from Sideshow/Gentle Giant are covered. Here was the response

Mark,

Those statues would be fine. It is the larger scale fine art statues
that we would not cover.

Thanks!

Collectibles Insurance Agency

I have a rider with my homeowners policy that covers my collectibles. Since I'm in the Tornado Belt, I am worried every Mar-May. Couple of years ago, I actually had to take shelter and I had to decide which 4-5 pieces I was going into my basement with (after I took care of a couple of real life critical things first of course).

my StateFarm agent reminded me that the same type of insurance that covers collectibles also covers jewelry. (and its not automatically covered under normal homeowners)

So if you have $5000 of collectibles and $3000 jewelry in the house and a tornado hits it and you lose everything, but think youre good cause you have $5000 policy to cover it, you'll come up short since your total between the 2 is $8000 in damages.

just keep that in mind when setting a coverage figure

LOTRFan said:
Which 4 or 5 did you choose Rumi?! :confused: :google

All SS/W statues: Sam & Bill (auto'ed), Aragorn, RWOS, Frodo (auto'ed), and Watcher in the Water. Also the auto'ed bases of Gimli and Pippin statues. Lined a laundry basket with blankets and had smaller blankets cushioning my precioussssses. (yes, I am pathetic) :eek:

I also have State Farm. There is no way any of those pieces above could be replaced with the normal homeowners' coverage (and don't forget they'll figure in depreciation). So I made sure that whatever compensation I get will allow me to find replacements (even with e-bay prices). I update every six months or so, using Spaceman's site as a source to reflect market value at those times.

I use the firm of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe. Wonderful group of people. They insured half of New Orleans so you know they are trust worthy :rolleyes:

Back