Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weird. Part of where Keaton's performance failed for me was his lack of emotion as Batman. I didn't get surreal or psychotic from it. I got bored and directed. Bale in Begins gave me the impression of a guy working insanely hard to not cross over into complete psychosis. That conflict animated the character more for me than any of Keaton's reserve.

:lecture:exactly: I think Keaton gets overly romanticized because alot of people grew up on this Batman. I thought the movies were great for their time compared to other superhero flicks put out then, but its a totally different arena now.

I am very appreciative for the commitment, star power and direction we got from these current Batman films.

This level of story telling an acting for a comic book character will be missed! You haters will get your goofy Batman films from WB in a few years.

I think Bale is a great Batman/Wayne.

Each fits their era, but if I could only go with one, it would be Bale. He's the first Batman to actually seem dangerous.

I honestly think you guys like Bale because of how the movies are more modernized. You can't like him for his Batman acting. The voice is terrible, his Bruce Wayne is fine, the movies are great, but he himself AS Batman doesn't really offer anything.

Weird. Part of where Keaton's performance failed for me was his lack of emotion as Batman. I didn't get surreal or psychotic from it. I got bored and directed. Bale in Begins gave me the impression of a guy working insanely hard to not cross over into complete psychosis. That conflict animated the character more for me than any of Keaton's reserve.

Batman should be the silent type IMO. Only Joker should get him on egde. IF I were to direct a Batman film that is.

My batman film would be awesome..

My batman would be awesome. My Joker would be insane. Love Ledger, but honestly, a true Joker would be far more ape____. Which is good, because if there is ever gonna be another reboot (and there will be) the new Joker will be even crazier.

Arkham City is probably the best with any Joker i've seen. Seriously, poisoning batman just because he knows he'll have to cure himself and he won't let joker die is pure genious.

Arkham City is probably the best with any Joker i've seen. Seriously, poisoning batman just because he knows he'll have to cure himself and he won't let joker die is pure genious.

Yeah definitely the best interpretation of Joker ever. I honestly think Ledger's Joker is very overated since he's dead. I still very much enjoyed that take on it, he was more of a real world psychopath then a Joker. If this thread was based on Jokers, its definitely Mark Hamill.

:lol ok, I respect that.

For their settings all of them are perfect Batmans.
I just prefer Burton's Gotham and Batman slightly more bcuz it's more gothic and dark :1-1:

That's got to be my biggest issue with the Nolan films. It's so obviously not "Gotham."

More like Gothcago.

That's got to be my biggest issue with the Nolan films. It's so obviously not "Gotham."
More like Gothcago.

But IMMO that's the point.
You want to make some realistic modern "Batman" - get rid of all gothic elements. There is no Prague in US :lol

Well yeah realistic, but when they show wide shots of the city... it just doesn't look like a crime riddled city. Batman Returns makes the city look like it's dying.

Well yeah realistic, but when they show wide shots of the city... it just doesn't look like a crime riddled city. Batman Returns makes the city look like it's dying.

Batman is not realistic in any way imaginable, the only thing TDR does is give the ILLUSION that its realistic.

Watching it every single time after the first makes it less good imo.

Opposite is with Spiderman, where they go with the whole superhero thing and run away with it, makes it enjoyable and more imaginative.

Same happened with Avengers, just enjoyable superhero camp! :D

Next batman franchise can learn alot form arkham city.

IMO Michael Keaton played the role of Batman better. But in comparison to Bruce Wayne, Christian Bale pulls it off the smoothest. It's like he was born to play that role. As Batman on the other hand, it seems as though he tries a little too hard to bring out the character.

IMO Michael Keaton played the role of Batman better. But in comparison to Bruce Wayne, Christian Bale pulls it off the smoothest. It's like he was born to play that role. As Batman on the other hand, it seems as though he tries a little too hard to bring out the character.

Makes me think of the interrigation scene and how great an actor Ledger was to not laugh in Bale's face with that husky ass voice.

Nope, you go to New York instead.

okayface.gif

Played to death but still funny as hell and no less impressive :lol:

LANGUAGE ALERT!​
[ame]https://youtu.be/WOg3ZE3hNQc[/ame]

Back