Who do you believe is the "best" Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you believe is the 'best' Batman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It all depends run which interpretation, the Nolan which attempts to portray a more realistic batman or Burton's comic bookish interpretIon.

Personally I prefer the Nolan take with Bale. His voice was horrible but in a real world you'd probably recognize him right away if he used his regular voice :p

Keaton wins on acting chops alone. I don't even believe Bale as an American, let alone Batman. Throw in that silly Batman voice and there's no contest.

Michael Keaton for pioneering a real live Batman.

Christian Bale for innovating and connecting Batman to more audiences.

What I mean is Keaton's Batman was just a fantasy come to life. Wow. Batman's on the movie screen and he's as dark and broody as we can imagine coming fresh off the pages of comics.

Bale's Batman? Total psycho. He's more human and we can relate since we can connect more to where he comes from. His roots and what he climbs up to achieve. There's a lot of motivational material in Batman Begins that just clicked with me a lot because at the time I was in kind of a low part of life. Somethings in there just sprung up and bonded with me psyhologically and I view that movie's Batman as someone I can relate to in real life.

The other Batman on the list are just entertainment and storytelling value. They honestly don't serve any more purpose than Keaton and Bale.

I'm a fan of the Bale version the most, but to be fair, I like the entire Nolan series better than any of the movies before it, and in none of the series was any Bat-actor the only factor in his performance. Sure he can inject his own personality and quirks into the character, but the script and director create a large part of it as well as put up some very real boundaries on the actor's performance, as much as they want to make it "their own version".

That said, I am a fan of the Bale version of the character (the aspects that he was responsible for and the parts that he had no choice in) and the entire universe that they built around him. It seems to me to be the most authentic, and the entire structure of the three movie arc seems to be continuous and well thought out (so far). It's clear from the way Batman Begins very explicitly tells you who the next villain will be, to the interviews and set pictures of TDKR showing that the decision that Batman and Gordon made at the end of TDK is going to come back to haunt them.

Now maybe Burton and the scriptwriters had a vision for what they wanted to do with future Bat-films after 89. (They had the foresight to introduce Dent in the first movie after all.) But for whatever reason---too much Burton influence in Returns, too much studio execs/toy companies influence in the later films, that plan went off the rails.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyFbDTpRiAw[/ame]

Aaaaaaaaaand naff said :dunno

Aaaaaaaaaand naff said :dunno
Not even close. This video has allready been talked to death, but most of the points that Nostalgia Critic makes in it, can be easily countered. The Keaton-Bale comparison he makes, is particularly biased, not covering Bale's strenghts and not even close to touching the surface of the debate.

Poll looks like an age distribution graph of this forum.

That being said, Adam West or Christian Bale.

The Keaton-Bale comparison he makes, is particularly biased, not covering Bale's strenghts.
Adam West or Christian Bale.

2535437_o.gif

Christian Bale is terrible IMO. He cannot convey the fear that Batman put into villians like Keaton did. Keaton really wasn't a different person between Wayne and Batman. He was still a very damaged man, and only broke out of his shell as Batman. Bale's voice is the biggest turn off for me, Keaton's was subtle and menacing... Bale's... I just can't take it seriously.

Bale was the only splinter in Dark Knight, the only thing that ruined it for me.

I love Conroy but he only goes under Keaton because it was not live action.

The only purpose Keaton's Batman served was crime fighting. Just waiting to be summoned like a demon.

[ame]https://youtu.be/zL3PgFBXioU[/ame]

I love the Burton films and the Nolan films. But I think the Nolan films are made too realistic and not dark enough.

Last edited:
Christian Bale is terrible IMO. He cannot convey the fear that Batman put into villians like Keaton did. Keaton really wasn't a different person between Wayne and Batman. He was still a very damaged man, and only broke out of his shell as Batman. Bale's voice is the biggest turn off for me, Keaton's was subtle and menacing... Bale's... I just can't take it seriously.

Bale was the only splinter in Dark Knight, the only thing that ruined it for me.

I love Conroy but he only goes under Keaton because it was not live action.

The only purpose Keaton's Batman served was crime fighting. Just waiting to be summoned like a demon.

I love the Burton films and the Nolan films. But I think the Nolan films are made too realistic and not dark enough.

You must have seen different movies then the rest of us.

No I seen the same movies but its difference of opinion. And also, I don't look at the city in the Nolan films like it's Gotham... it's just Chicago. Bale is supremely overated. The batsuit is ugly, more uglier in Begins though.

The way they look, Richard Moll could've acted as Batman, with Conroy's voice over. : p Conroy would have looked perfect as Superman!

IMG_2728.jpg

This is awesome. Nice to put faces to the voices. Too bad Catwoman wasn't here.

Back