Which type of Hot Toys body for the Hulk figure would you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the figure i'd like...

• Truetype body with full range of double-jointed articulation but obvious joints

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Fully sculpted muscle body type with lesser visible joints & limited atriculation

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • Rubber covered body with no visible joints and very little articulation

Votes: 49 20.3%

• Total voters
557770_352467311481932_138228759572456_1059201_1994711894_n.jpg

Wow, that's great! I wonder if this is rubber or if it's something new. I don't know, this could be a type of body and material we haven't seen yet (wishful thinking running at 95% capacity).

Don't count on it, that's just concept art. the original jake sully was sculpted as one piece, and joints were added later. most toy makers do that this way these days. picture of the jake prototype, BEFORE joints were added.

0a41bc47895b97f5a2da34b.jpg

edit: Then again, looking closer at that picture, it might have joints already
The best solution IMHO would be an articulated skeleton with separate articulated musculature (to flex with the motion of the joints) with a silicone skin over the top. In theory the uncanny valley thing could be cured by casting the skin with the joints in bent position, eliminating the sag when the joints bend and stretching when the joints are straight. Lots of R&D I know, but with a figure as big as Hulk I could see it working.

Wishful thinking I know, but I can dream...

there is a body out there that's 1/6th like that. it costs 600$ I believe.

Last edited:
Copied from elsewhere on this site:

So that kinda narrows things down, don't it?

Not really, we knew that the Hulk's body would not be "fully rubber." His head would be plastic of course, probably his hands as well. I'd feel better if HT was quoted as saying "Hulk will have no rubber parts at all." They might be planning on just doing a rubber torso like they did with Dutch.

Not really, we knew that the Hulk's body would not be "fully rubber." His head would be plastic of course, probably his hands as well. I'd feel better if HT was quoted as saying "Hulk will have no rubber parts at all." They might be planning on just doing a rubber torso like they did with Dutch.

considering that Wolverine, and superman both were done that way as well as thor, That's probably what they mean. Avatar jake looks that way as well.

considering that Wolverine, and superman both were done that way as well as thor, That's probably what they mean. Avatar jake looks that way as well.

Wolverine and Superman have soft PVC torso, meant for flexing the neck (no actual rubber parts), I would guess Avatar Jake's torso cannot flex and all the head articulation is at the based of the head. Technically Superman/Wolverine/Avatar is 100% rubberless. While soft PVC could also be termed as "rubber"...

Howard's statement is vague... If it's 1 to 99% rubber it is also not completely rubber.

OMG posted that the body would be more like the Predator bodies. Interesting that'd be more of a rotocast type of thing.

looking forward to what they come up with hope its about 15" tall max,would work well with other figures at that height

there is a post on hot toys community facebook saying the hulk will not have a full rubber body...

Here is everything Howard said about Hulk in the interview :

Quote:
2Q: that The Avengers movie is also very concerned about the launch of one of the important role of "the Hulk", would like to ask the Hot Toys is not the same ratio of 1/6 Scale launched? What materials and pricing can also disclose?

H: the proportion must be the ratio of 1/6 launch, and are very large, but at present only sculpture prototype, we might ask why is still at this stage? With the film at the same time of release? In fact, because the basic earlier film company only to the information of our Hulk, to the movie the closer the release of the information is completely different, so from time, but strictly to say, it should be said that this is the third edition, initially thought would be similar with the Hulk 2 of course completely different, so put away another few months before the film company to our data and the film is not quite the same, then again by Joseph Tsang, from doing so Hulk will be delayed will not be synchronized with the film see Street , but probably should have Making of announcement. Hulk head carving is the deal with South Korea, parts of the body by Joseph Tsang, itself Hulk this role is not equipped with weapons, so it will not have too many Parts, and may consider hand weapons, scenes, and interesting and can be added in the Parts, the other can answer some more, the Hulk should not be launched in the form of a full package of gum, is technically not feasible, because of the need to solve many problems, Sick dumped oil and plastic packages easy to damage factors such as activity, are required to consider other materials should try, such as: PVC, strengthen the carving power and color to make a balanced, able to satisfy everyone. (Howard also indicate that we look at the Hulk that the prototype was first introduced, of course, not take pictures, but you can preview a prototype has been very excited about and meet, and am looking forward to it)

Can we get a translator for the translator? :lol

Okay so basically:

They're still at the concept stage because the movie design changed too much throughout the making of the film that it was better to wait for them to be completely done with the film.

North Koreans get HS duty, body will not be all rubber, and look for some extras (hands, heads, diorama ideas) as he doesn't come with any weapons and very few parts.

Yay.:clap

Can we get a translator for the translator? :lol

Okay so basically:

They're still at the concept stage because the movie design changed too much throughout the making of the film that it was better to wait for them to be completely done with the film.

North Koreans get HS duty, body will not be all rubber, and look for some extras (hands, heads, diorama ideas) as he doesn't come with any weapons and very few parts.

Yay.:clap

1. I think it will be awhile before we see the finished figure.

2. This is going to be Hot Toys most expensive figure so far.:lecture :horror :lol

Back