Which type of Hot Toys body for the Hulk figure would you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the figure i'd like...

• Truetype body with full range of double-jointed articulation but obvious joints

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Fully sculpted muscle body type with lesser visible joints & limited atriculation

Votes: 160 66.4%
  • Rubber covered body with no visible joints and very little articulation

Votes: 49 20.3%

• Total voters
If I see joints, I'm off.

Call me crazy, but joints in figures make me CRINGE.

Might as well buy a cheap figure if you want it to look like a figure. I prefer mine to look as realistic as possible, with some, that means cutting alot of articulation, and I'm fine with that. Worked wonders on batman, why not hulk?

You're right about batman in his rubber suit. He looks great. standing straight up and down, with his arms at his sides, looking like a statue.

I'd take joints over rubber any day. Rubber degrades and tears then you'll be fighting the limited articulation to pose him in a way that hides the faults. Besides, standing 5ft away, I'll barely notice the joints because I'll have enough awesome with the Avengers on the shelf to keep my eyes busy.

Yes, and you don't hear anyone complaining about broken or exposed joints either. If you hear anything it was about the "RUBBER" bendy fingers on the first Marvel Legends Hulk figure, a problem Toy-Biz fixed later by making them out of hard plastic with a hinge.

Wolverine style body. I'd love a Rubber body that looks perfect, but it wouldn't pose worth a crap, and then it's not an action figure is it?

:exactly:
all rubber and limited articulation is fine with me. I don't need the hulk the do the splits! :cuckoo:

But if you don
't want the hulk to do splits, why do you want a rubber body? after 5 years, he'll look like this.

851_devgru.jpg
852_devgru.jpg

see? plenty of splits, and these were left in neutral poses too.

But if you don
't want the hulk to do splits, why do you want a rubber body? after 5 years, he'll look like this.

851_devgru.jpg
852_devgru.jpg

see? plenty of splits, and these were left in neutral poses too.

wow! Thats totally unacceptable to me. That would really piss me off especially after paying who knows what---$250-300 for Hulk

wow! Thats totally unacceptable to me. That would really piss me off especially after paying who knows what---$250-300 for Hulk

If they do make it rubber i'm passing, then a year and a bit later i'm gonna sit in a deck chair with a bucket of popcorn and laugh my balls off at the complaints from those who wanted it rubber and have a QC mess on their hands :lol

Rubber body, please. He's so damn thick that I think even the hands could be part of the rubber body, with wires in the fingers for articulation.

EW-Avengers-cover-Hulk1.jpeg

Rubber body, please. He's so damn thick that I think even the hands could be part of the rubber body, with wires in the fingers for articulation.

Thats a terrible idea you can not make a fist with bendy hands, have you tried it?. He would definitely need swap out hands.

Yes, and you don't hear anyone complaining about broken or exposed joints either. If you hear anything it was about the "RUBBER" bendy fingers on the first Marvel Legends Hulk figure, a problem Toy-Biz fixed later by making them out of hard plastic with a hinge.

you see :monkey3

I just noticed Hulk is rocking some stubble. After a long day at the office...its time to go to work. :lol This is totally my favorite rendition of Hulk, Im so glad HT is making this version of him :yess:

Don't you remember as a kid having bendie figurines with inner wiring that would eventually have the internal wire break, and you'd have a limb that ended up being floppy?

I vote Hell no on wires in Hulk's fingers for articulation.

EW-Avengers-cover-Hulk1.jpeg

I really hope to see this figure soon. This guy was screaming for the DX treatment, a Banner figure would have been sweet

Don't you remember as a kid having bendie figurines with inner wiring that would eventually have the internal wire break, and you'd have a limb that ended up being floppy?

I vote Hell no on wires in Hulk's fingers for articulation.
I do remember a toy where the wire eventually busted through the rubber, yes. So maybe it's not wires; Hulk is so damn thick that I do believe you could do some kind of jointed skeleton under the rubber, something that would be impossible for most figures at 1:6 scale. A metal skeleton with plastic caps over the ends to prevent the metal from breaking the rubber skin. And that would just be the hands; the rest of the body could be plastic under rubber, just like Keaton Batman.

Back