Which Spiderman version is the better one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the mirror paper on the lens, i like it! (i think this would look REALLY awesome on the black one)

001-30.jpg

003-28.jpg

good job, looks good, but i think i personally prefer the white lenses.

still though, as you said, the mirror paper would look great/better on the black suit. i just don't see it as much on the red/blue suit.

Any ideas on what HT would do differently on Spiderman? If they get the license I can see them wanting to make different design choices to put their own stamp on it but I'm not sure what they could do.

For red and blue Spidey, his suit really needs to be a more elastic material. I think the leathery/plasticy stuff that Medicom used looks absolutely beautiful on the black costume but the tradtiional, IMO, looks less impressive as a representation of the movie suit. I do love that they got the honeycomb pattern, though, and I imagine that factored into their decision.
On the other hand, SM2 MediSpidey looks a little "dance recital" with his softer suit.
Hopefully Hot Toys can find the perfect compromise - I think both Medi figs are great, but the perfect, iconic movie Spidey has yet to be seen.

Red/Blue Spiderman 3 does not get enough love. It is a great figure.

This is true. It's a pretty cool figure and the pleathery suit doesn't restrict the movement too much. I wish they came with a few extra hands though. Fists would've great. I let my red/blue Spidey go a while ago but did pick up a black version. That ones really my favorite of the two. I don't care much for the flick but the black suit Spiderman is an awesome figure!

For red and blue Spidey, his suit really needs to be a more elastic material. I think the leathery/plasticy stuff that Medicom used looks absolutely beautiful on the black costume but the tradtiional, IMO, looks less impressive as a representation of the movie suit. I do love that they got the honeycomb pattern, though, and I imagine that factored into their decision.

Yeah on the one hand the same material used on HT superman would seem to be the best choice for poseability but then you'd probably be losing the pattern detail.

The shinyness of the same leathery/plastic on the symbiote spidey is more noticeable on the red/blue and its kind of what turned me off when I first started my Superhero collection a year or two ago. It just isn't bothering me so much anymore. Plus a few people have demonstrated that these figures are highly poseable - you just have to know the body type and work at it.

This is true. It's a pretty cool figure and the pleathery suit doesn't restrict the movement too much. I wish they came with a few extra hands though. Fists would've been great.

It seems strange they only included one of each wall-crawling hand and webshooting hand. There should have been 2 of each of these at least, not to mention fists or rope-holding hands. I have no doubt Hot Toys would provide all of these options.

This is true. It's a pretty cool figure and the pleathery suit doesn't restrict the movement too much. I wish they came with a few extra hands though. Fists would've great. I let my red/blue Spidey go a while ago but did pick up a black version. That ones really my favorite of the two. I don't care much for the flick but the black suit Spiderman is an awesome figure!

I agree the black suit is the winner. I like the red one a lot to, but the black one just looks gorgeous.

hello fellow freaks...first post on here, been reading for sometime. decided to post because i've just ordered the medicom peter parker from play.com £49.99 with free postage, very cheap for what looks like a great piece, shall take pics of him when i get him. also a quick question, this is my first medicom, have a few hot toys and sideshow figures, are there any major problems i should look out for? and are the heads swappable, i'd love to try putting pete's head on the black costume at some point. hope to contribute to this amazing site

i know this isn't the same as the original question, but whatever:

which comic red/blue 12" spidey is better............Marvel Legends Icons or Medicom RAH?

Ok, i guess that the heads are swapable then? Also just so i don't get him out the box and in five seconds flat break a limb (his not mine obviously) are there any issues with the peter parker figure? Sorry for asking again, just hoping someone who has him can give me the skinny on what looks like a great figure.

which comic red/blue 12" spidey is better............Marvel Legends Icons or Medicom RAH?
Sort of comparing apples and oranges. One has an outfit you can take off, and looks more realistic, the other is a completely sculpted toy. I personally like toys with "real" clothes on them at that size.

Haven't seen the two side-by-side, but the Medicom version is probably smaller.

Ok, i guess that the heads are swapable then? Also just so i don't get him out the box and in five seconds flat break a limb (his not mine obviously) are there any issues with the peter parker figure? Sorry for asking again, just hoping someone who has him can give me the skinny on what looks like a great figure.

It's a great fig no worries.

I just got mine on wednesday and, early though it may be, no problems. Same with Symbiote Spidey. I've been buying loads of Hot toys figures and have the Enterbay Jack Bauer - all of those newer and and with more up-to-date sculpting and I am still glad to have bought these guys. They've been out for a while but they hold up well.

I can't wait to get him, to be honest i've been lurking on here for well over a year now, and i'm looking forward to joining in with the fun. I've got some great pieces i look forward to sharing with you all, and if i get him before tomorrow, maybe i'll try and take some pics of parker.

Fair play. I've posted pics all of about once since I joined - I just find it a lot of hassle, not just taking the pics but the process of uploading them to the computer and then to a host site - even when I did post a pic I could only put it in the form of a link - someone else took my pic and made it appear in the thread itself. I dunno is there some easier way of doing it that everyone else knows or am I just lazy?

Fair play. I've posted pics all of about once since I joined - I just find it a lot of hassle, not just taking the pics but the process of uploading them to the computer and then to a host site - even when I did post a pic I could only put it in the form of a link - someone else took my pic and made it appear in the thread itself. I dunno is there some easier way of doing it that everyone else knows or am I just lazy?

You are just lazy.

I got my spiderman SM3 movie version and even though it's not very movie accurate I still think it's one of my fav superhero figures. I colored in the white eyes with a simple silver sharpie pen and you get just enough reflection, this pic is older, right now my camera battery is dead or I'd take a newer pic.
058.jpg

Back