Action Figure Which of these three 1:6 Iron Man figures do you recommend? Help me decide.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

General Hawk 7

Freaked Out
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Thanks for all the input!
I believe I've made my decdion.
Since I already have Heartbreaker coming, and I really like him, I intend to keep him. BUT... as many have pointed out... Heartbreaker may or may not fit an Avengers team look...AND...how can one go wrong with the more iconic look of the MKIII? (A LOT of people here and elsewhere have recommended MKIII)
So, I will probably get the MKIII as well. (That means I'll have to sell some of my other collection off most likely..but..ya gotta do what you gotta do, right?)

Then MAYBE when MK45 comes out...well...who knows... ;) Maybe I'll sell one of these and get him instead. It's a plan. :)

Which one would you recommend and why?

(I actually have the Heartbreaker on order, but since I got a discount on him, I could always sell him and probably at least get my money back out of him.)

I need and Iron Man for the Avengers team I'm hoping to someday cobble together. (I currently own Cap, Widow & Thor)

I like each of them for different reasons:

1) MkIII because he's got more of the iconic Iron Man look
2) XLIII because it's the most up-to-date/modern looking
3) Heartbreaker because it looks like it could take on both of the others in a fight. (ie. looks super tough)
OR I COULD WAIT FOR THE MK 45... Forgot about that option...but that too is definitely an option.

BUT... I can only have ONE for my collection and Avengers team. It's a hard choice!

Hoping to hear what you guys have to say. Espeically hoping to hear from (though not limited to) you guys who own these.

Thanks!

AMubMii.jpg

From what I've seen, review wise, the new AOU Iron Man knocks these out of the park. If I was in your situation that is what I'd go with.

Mk3, it's still the most classic and iconic looking design from the MCU and if you could only have 1 IM figure, that'd be the one IMO. And it won't look out of place next to the other MCU figures.

I think a strong case can be made for the Mk43 for an Avengers team display, but between the 43 and the 45, I'd recommend you just wait for the 45, has a much stronger design overall IMO.

If only one I would go with the upcoming Iron man MARK III.
Opinion/Reason to buy: "Best stand alone piece and super iconic as an iron man"
If you think you will buy more figures from the age of ultron line I would go with MARK XLIII
Opinion/Reason to buy: "Great look, amazing engineering, can pass as a classic look, beautiful base and so many pose options"
If you really really like the Heartbreak go with it
Opinion/Reason to buy: "Buy what YOU like, my guess is you really like the design of the suit, I'm not a big fan of it but I can see why people are drawn to it... It's a great addition to anyone's hall of armor but as a stand alone piece I'm not sure about it"

Tough call as Marks III, XLIII and XLIV all have nice attributes. (I like the classic look of III the best and it's the one representation of IM I'll have in my collection, but XLIII and XLIV are a really nice, modern take on the armour.) Only thing I can say for sure is I'd drop Heartbreaker from consideration like a hot potato. It's not very iconic and only worth adding if you have a bunch of more mainstream Iron Mans for contrast. Doesn't work as a standalone representation, IMO.

Avengers line up? Mk 43.

Any other display Mk 3.
This is a good point, too. I love MK III but think it may look out of place in an Avengers set-up. I'm not super OCD about everything being movie accurate but that might be a pretty glaring discrepancy.

Mark 45 will probably be at least featured in "Civil War" (but who knows if it will be the only suit in the movie?) Mark 43 looks sharp, but very specialized and is a repaint of the 42 from IM III (which detracts from the appeal, IMO. Heartbreaker looks kinda cool, would be awesome for a "Guardians of the Galaxy" fantasy line up, since it is the closest suit to what visually appears in the comics when IM makes an appearance in "Guardians of the Galaxy" (Starboost looks really cool, Heartbreaker looks more accurate for that purpose). But for an Ultimate Avengers line-up? Would have to be Mark III, even though that suit never appears in an Avengers movie - has the cleanest, most "classic" comic appearance of any IM suit (though the Mark IV could be argued for). Could also go for the Silver Centurion look, even if it doesn't have enough silver on the legs - still bad-ass!!!

Since I am just putting together a set of Avengers with my favorite looks, regardless of movie, I went with MKIII. It just looks the most Iron Man to me. If I didn't get that one I would probably be waiting and getting the Civil War armor if it is this sweet armor from the pics floating around. Which is most visually pleasing to you? That's the one I would get.

Tough call as Marks III, XLIII and XLIV all have nice attributes. (I like the classic look of III the best and it's the one representation of IM I'll have in my collection, but XLIII and XLIV are a really nice, modern take on the armour.) Only thing I can say for sure is I'd drop Heartbreaker from consideration like a hot potato. It's not very iconic and only worth adding if you have a bunch of more mainstream Iron Mans for contrast. Doesn't work as a standalone representation, IMO.

This is a good point, too. I love MK III but think it may look out of place in an Avengers set-up. I'm not super OCD about everything being movie accurate but that might be a pretty glaring discrepancy.

I am playing with this idea:

Getting MKIII for now...

When Hearbreaker arrives, either selling it, or.. if I really can't bear to let it go...Possibly seeing if I can sell a few extra things to keep it.

THEN... if/when MK 45 comes out... maybe I'll consider getting that or MK43 then....IF I feel like my Avengers team really needs it.

My Avengers team will be a bit of a mix anyway, so I dont care too much...

Though I dont have him yet, I'll probably use AOU Cap.
I have Avengers Black Widow.
Dark World Thor (I have both versions, deciding which one to keep, which one to sell)
Avengers Hulk (if he comes, I bought him from a guy on here, but he's not been online since I paid for Hulk)
And I am planning to pre-order the new Hawkeye (bc the Avengers one is too dang expensive!)

So my line up is a bit mixed anyway.

A lot of people keep telling me I shouldnt miss out on MK3. (The more iconic IM in my opinion) But dang...the MK45 is "sexy". lol Ah decisions decisions.

I appreciate all the comments though! Keep them coming. They are giving me things to consider! Thank you!

I would go with the MK 3 now, and wait for the Mk 45. The die-cast Ironmen looks superb and the MK 3 is a must have. I would choose the Mk 45 over the Mk 43 for my Avenger display, because it's just a more superior looking armor. IMHO.
iron-man-3-early-light-weight-suit-concept-art-01.jpg

I've been going through a similar dilemma, except I have no real intention of having an Avengers team display. If you're thinking of getting the Mark 3 and maybe switching to the Heartbreaker or 45, I suggest doing pairwise comparisons. Get the Heartbreaker, then the 43. Keep the one you like more. Get the Mark 3 when it comes out, then keep the one you like more between the two. And maybe repeat when the 45/46 come out. That should presumably get you the "best fit" for your lineup.

Based on your lineup, I'd suggest either the Mark 43 or 45 though (mainly because of AoU Cap and his more modern/busy design).

The issue with waiting for the Mk46 in Civil War is that it's definitely not a classic look, more reminiscent of the Bleeding Edge design with a trapezoid chest RT to boot. It's great for an Iron Man collector who wants a MCU armor that looks like the Bleeding Edge suit, but as the ONLY IM in the collection? Not so sure. Just my 2 cents.

Another word of advice - it's impossible to just stick to 1 IM figure :lol

Of those 3 I would say the Mark III

I'm waiting on the 45, which I have to say is gorgeous. If they do a Die-cast of that it's an instant yes for me and I think it will complement my Mark 42 as well.
- The 3 is as has already been mentioned a 'classic'.

I am playing with this idea:

Getting MKIII for now...

When Hearbreaker arrives, either selling it, or.. if I really can't bear to let it go...Possibly seeing if I can sell a few extra things to keep it.

THEN... if/when MK 45 comes out... maybe I'll consider getting that or MK43 then....IF I feel like my Avengers team really needs it.

My Avengers team will be a bit of a mix anyway, so I dont care too much...

Though I dont have him yet, I'll probably use AOU Cap.
I have Avengers Black Widow.
Dark World Thor (I have both versions, deciding which one to keep, which one to sell)
Avengers Hulk (if he comes, I bought him from a guy on here, but he's not been online since I paid for Hulk)
And I am planning to pre-order the new Hawkeye (bc the Avengers one is too dang expensive!)

So my line up is a bit mixed anyway.

A lot of people keep telling me I shouldnt miss out on MK3. (The more iconic IM in my opinion) But dang...the MK45 is "sexy". lol Ah decisions decisions.

I appreciate all the comments though! Keep them coming. They are giving me things to consider! Thank you!

Just get them all.

I agree with people who have said the Mark III out of those, including the 45, if you are thinking about having just the one Iron Man. End of the day if you happen to like one more than the others it is your collection... Both the Mark III and 43 normal versions are still available from SS last time I checked so you have a little more time to hold out to see what the 45 looks like in toy form before making your mind up.

Since I am just putting together a set of Avengers with my favorite looks, regardless of movie, I went with MKIII. It just looks the most Iron Man to me. If I didn't get that one I would probably be waiting and getting the Civil War armor if it is this sweet armor from the pics floating around. Which is most visually pleasing to you? That's the one I would get.

I thought about doing something like that with a none uniform team made up of their 'classic', or least what I would call their classic looks (say Mark III or VI, WWII style Cap, IM2 BW (figure doesn't live up to the plan, just like the longer curly hair look) etc etc

That or their solo Phase 2 looks, so Strike Suit Cap, Silver Centurion and the others being either from the solo films or AoU for Hawkeye and Hulk.

Back