Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about the SW line hurting the lotr line any. I don't think either one will have much of an affect on the other.

i just dont understand why they refuse to answer a SINGLE question about the lotr maquette line with a simple "it's been worked on" so at least we know the line is not dead.

meanwhile they answer all sorts of stupid **** like can we make a Drive ryan gosling statue...seriously fail :slap

Just reminds me of the 1/6 scale line all over again. They left us hanging forever til they finally released the 2 hobbits and then the line died shortly after that. That's what will happen here. We'll see the Frodo and Sam revealed in July during SDCC. Then, about 9 months later, when everybody is demanding answers, they will finally come out and say "well, hobbits don't sell as well as we had hoped, so the line is on hiatus. But we are all huge LOTR fans here at SS, so we hope we can revisit it some day in the future".

Just reminds me of the 1/6 scale line all over again. They left us hanging forever til they finally released the 2 hobbits and then the line died shortly after that. That's what will happen here. We'll see the Frodo and Sam revealed in July during SDCC. Then, about 9 months later, when everybody is demanding answers, they will finally come out and say "well, hobbits don't sell as well as we had hoped, so the line is on hiatus. But we are all huge LOTR fans here at SS, so we hope we can revisit it some day in the future".

I have to agree with that. While I do think that the PF line is about to get reinvigorated with the awesomeness that is the RWOS, I have a feeling that the lack of news on the maquette line is simply because there is none.

The whole reason i wasted so much money getting all those statue is because sideshow promised they will conclude the fellowship for this line, and do it first before anything else.

I will wait for sdcc 2012, if there is still no news then the gloves are off!

Tom Gilliland, SideshowToy Creative Director:
"Our main goal as we expressed numerous times now is to CONCLUDE the fellowship in a particular line, this is the line(maquette series) we will be able to do that first."

Source:
[ame]https://youtu.be/LPrlViG5D-Y[/ame]

i just dont understand why they refuse to answer a SINGLE question about the lotr maquette line with a simple "it's been worked on" so at least we know the line is not dead.

meanwhile they answer all sorts of stupid **** like can we make a Drive ryan gosling statue...seriously fail :slap

Patience has a limit.
I hope that soon say something about it, someone should say something by Sideshow here of what is happening, it would suffice to confirm that this line has a great life yet, because the only thing that is happening is that people still do not trust them.

I have to agree with that. While I do think that the PF line is about to get reinvigorated with the awesomeness that is the RWOS, I have a feeling that the lack of news on the
maquette line is simply because there is none.

I'm beginning to have my doubts.

The fact that two months are answering questions, and still has not said anything about maquette line, I start thinking that they are not working at all.

The whole reason i wasted so much money getting all those statue is because sideshow promised they will conclude the fellowship for this line, and do it first before anything else.
They said the exact same thing at the beginning of the 1/6 line. They said "all 9 members of the fellowship before anybody else". We got 3 members then Faramir and then nada. They do that to rope you in.

They said the exact same thing at the beginning of the 1/6 line. They said "all 9 members of the fellowship before anybody else". We got 3 members then Faramir and then nada. They do that to rope you in.

well i got him on video! i dont think it will come to that, but they better not abandon the line with only 2 statues left to go..

My gut tells me that this line is over and that they are just waiting for the RWOS PF to be ready for a reveal before announcing it. The reason I say that is because that way, LOTR collectors will at least have something incredibly amazing to dull the pain of the end of the maquette line. Just my own opinion, no facts or insider info to back that up.

But seriously, from an objective viewpoint, and from someone who works in marketing, it makes absolutely no sense to keep your customers in the dark about your product for this length of time. I can understand not being allowed to divulge the specifics of what statue is next, but nothing prevents them from saying that X number of sculpts are being readied or considered for release in the near future. Comic-Con is still 3 months away, which would mean a lag of 10 months between maquette announcements - again, a very strange business plan for keeping your customers excited about your product, if indeed any statues are to be revealed at Comic-Con.

I hope when the next statue is announced some of you are prepared to eat a lot of crow. The line has been doing fine and selling well. Not to mention with the hobbit coming out things will sell better. Ending the line would be odd 8 statues in.

I hope when the next statue is announced some of you are prepared to eat a lot of crow. The line has been doing fine and selling well. Not to mention with the hobbit coming out things will sell better. Ending the line would be odd 8 statues in.

I'll eat as much crow as you can feed me when a new statue is announced, promise! But I may be going hungry for quite a while longer! :rotfl

I think there will be one more statue. Probably the Frodo and Sam one. But that will be it. These things just don't sell enough. Did Gandalf even sell out yet??

:goodpost: I second that! Too much negativity here right now. I'd like to think that they're just taking their time to find ways of improving the quality of their pieces. The arwen maquette came out a lot earlier than expected, but quality came short on some few pieces.

Also, as much as possible, I hope that the maquette line won't be compared to the 1/6 doll line because the two are just not at the same level, in all aspects. The 1/6 doll line is horrendous, poor sculpt and likeness, the paintjob lacking quality, overall, I myself am asking why SS came up with that line. But the maquette line has quality overall (just maybe some issues for a few pieces of arwen, but my piece looks good:)) and totally different and improved take on the characters. not to mention a lot more collectors support, appreciate, and rave about the line. I hope that fact backs this up.

Last edited:
Back