Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure all is well, but a bit more information would be nice. However, if the delays on the RWOS are production issues then I'm not sure that updates there would make us feel any better - probably the opposite. If there is a lull toward the end of the year and early next, then so be it - will give me time to sneak in a wedding and honeymoon without too much poly hitting the CC. My concerns are more around the pieces being released as it seems they are trying to top all of the SSW grails - RWOS and a giant Sauron in the works and now rumors of a Cave Troll. I'd much rather see non-realized pieces come like Eomer on Steed, etc. but I guess they are just trying to cement the line with proven winners. I just hope it doesn't die after those and then I am left with 2 incomplete lines.

I don't think the line will die. It just won't move as fast as some of us would like.

My collecting has slowed way down over the last year or so, as my kids have gotten older (and more expensive). That means that all of my enthusiasm gets directed into a smaller handful of pieces than ever before. There are only a few preorders for me to get excited about, but these are at the top of my list.

I am definitely impatient with this line's slower pace lately, but Sideshow presented this line to collectors as a way to start over and build a strong collection that includes the main characters, and I don't think they will kill the maquettes without completing the Fellowship. Even if it takes a while, they will almost certainly deliver.

It's hard to understand the amount of stupid pre-orders (with all due of respect) that Sideshow is offering us. Did you see last week releases?
I can understand the worry of people in a way, but If I am honest the future of the line its a worry to me.

Last edited:
Maybe that's the reason that there are no news on the LotR maquette line.
Everyone is just complaining about the new statues (Arwen and Legolas).
I guess there was a huge replacement initiative for Arwen and not much profit at all.
With all the negative feedback it's no wonder that Sideshow loses interest in the line.
I don't want to defend Sideshow but there are mistakes on both sides, Sideshow AND the collectors.
Collectors are asking for more and more statues in short time range and if there are little flaws the statue is a fail in their opinion.
To me it is a good sign that Sideshow is taking time to make a new statue which hopefully continiues the good quality of Gimli.
Considering the fact that the next statue will much likely be Sam & Frodo you all should be a bit more patient.
Many collectors were complaining about the Frodo PF and if we're rushing Sideshow with this piece they might screw him up again.

If we look back, do you remember that fabulous collaboration between Sideshow and Weta? The edition size of each piece was over 5000?? Do you remember Sauron?
And tell me, how was the painting -and modeling- quality? Are you telling us that they were technologically more advanced than nowadays are?

Furthermore, if we complain about the awful quality level in some pieces -AND NOT IN ALL OF THEM, I WAS THE FIRST ONE TELLING SIDESHOW, HOW WONDERFUL JOB HAD DONE ON GIMLIS MAQUETTE, you can check my messages on the own thread https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80255&page=91- you tell us that maybe we are responsibles of Sideshow silence on this line?

In some way, we are fools... We ask for more piece releases although the quality (of some of them) is mediocre.

Last edited:
Why don't you all shut up about delays and lack of announcements. I'm a PF collector. :monkey2 :lol

well this thread is titled "Which Maquettes should be made next?" so i think you are the one that's in the wrong place. Besides sideshow has already made multiple references to future lotr premium format statues, so be happy and on your merry way! :slap

Why don't you all shut up about delays and lack of announcements. I'm a PF collector. :monkey2 :lol

We do not want to go through what is happening in the Premium Format line, so much excitement and everyone is waiting to hear from Sideshow.

Imanol is magnificent last message from you, I totally agree with you.

well this thread is titled "Which Maquettes should be made next?" so i think you are the one that's in the wrong place. Besides sideshow has already made multiple references to future lotr premium format statues, so be happy and on your merry way! :slap

Originally this thread was opened to discuss what collectors want to see next and not about crying everday if there is no new announcement...

Alright thread is back but lets play nice and really unless there is some news keep from everyday complaining that we didn't get news that day. :duff

Alright thread is back but lets play nice and really unless there is some news keep from everyday complaining that we didn't get news that day. :duff

okie so you did remove the thread for a while? i thought i was going insane from working since 6am today, right after i posted i couldnt find the thread anymore. :slap

I thought the thread creator only had a limited amount of time to delete a thread. It surprised me that he was able to delete the whole thing. Something that major should be done by a mod. (Or not done, in this case.)

Soon, we will get a LOTR announcement in the newsletter, and all the tension and impatience in the LOTR section of the forum will turn into excitement.

If nothing else, SDCC will bring news--possibly even Hobbit license news--and then the long dry spell of Q1 & Q2 2012 will be a distant memory.

Soon, we will get a LOTR announcement in the newsletter, and all the tension and impatience in the LOTR section of the forum will turn into excitement.

If nothing else, SDCC will bring news--possibly even Hobbit license news--and then the long dry spell of Q1 & Q2 2012 will be a distant memory.

:exactly::goodpost:

Yeah I was thinking of that. With the Hobbit coming out and Sideshow most likely coming out with the license I wonder if Dave will change the name of this section from Lord of the Rings to Tolkien.

Yeah I was thinking of that. With the Hobbit coming out and Sideshow most likely coming out with the license I wonder if Dave will change the name of this section from Lord of the Rings to Tolkien.

I reckon it should be changed to Middle Earth... :)

Thank you very much for bringing back the Thread Josh!

Hope so!

Back