Which Hot Toys Captain America: Civil War Figure will you be getting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which CA: Civil War Figure will you be ordering?

• Regular Version

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Battling Version

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Both

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Neither (Happy with the AoU CA)

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • None

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters

Jeff12burq

Super Freak
Reaction score
In light of today's announcement of the Battling Version Captain America Movie Promo Edition, vote in the poll and share your thoughts on which Captain America figures by Hot Toys you'll be getting. Keep it civil.

I hadn't ordered the regular version yet, so this made my decision much easier. I've pre-ordered the Battling Version. The base, shield and weathering effect really pulled me in (although I would like to see more of a battle damaged look-especially a bloodied head sculpt), but all in all this looks like a great movie promo to me and I'm excited for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Which Hot Toys Capatain America: Civil War Figure will you be getting?

The regular version (MMS350). That was a day one PO for me right when it went up.

The promo version looks nice; the BD shield is really cool and the diorama base is a nice touch, but I personally see little difference in the actual suit based on pictures. The dirty effect on it looks to be very subtle. I also noticed the forearm stripe appears to be a dark brown color as opposed to red. Could be just the lighting or perhaps it gets extremely dirty at some point in the film. Either way I prefer the red color.

The two main selling points to me for each figure are the interchangeable mouth pieces and the BD shield for the regular version and the promo version, respectively. Between the two, I would prefer the regular version with the interchangeable mouth pieces and would probably still go with that one if I could do it over again even after the release of the promo version. The only thing different about the promo version that appeals to me is the BD shield, so if I ever decide I want the BD shield that badly, I'll see what I can get for it on eBay. If I can find it at a good price I'll get it, if not, that's fine too. Or, I may just like the look of the clean shield with the regular version to where I wouldn't use the BD shield even if I had it, so even easier.

In my opinion, I personally don't think there's enough there other than the BD shield to really differentiate it as being a "Battling Version". I think a BD sculpt would have sweetened this a bit to separate it a bit more from the regular version, but it's still a nice figure.

Can't really go wrong with either one, as they'll both turn out great.

The regular version (MMS350). I PO'd that figure right when it went up for PO.

The promo version looks nice; the BD shield is really cool and the diorama base is a nice touch, but I personally see little difference in the actual suit based on pictures. The dirty effect on it looks to be very subtle. I also noticed the forearm stripe appears to be a dark brown color as opposed to red. Could be just the lighting or perhaps it gets extremely dirty at some point in the film.

The two main selling points to me for each figure are the interchangeable mouth pieces and the BD shield for the regular version and the promo version, respectively. The only thing about that promo version that is appealing to me is the BD shield, but between the two, I would prefer the version with the interchangeable mouth pieces and would probably still go with that one if I could do it over again even after the release of the promo version. If I ever decide I want the BD shield that badly, I'll see what I can get for it on eBay. If I can find it at a good price I'll get it, if not, that's fine too. Or, I may just like the look of the clean shield with the regular version to where I wouldn't use the BD shield even if I had it, so even easier.

In my opinion, I personally don't think there's enough there other than the BD shield to really differentiate it as being a "Battling Version". I think a BD sculpt would have sweetened this a bit to separate it a bit more from the regular version, but it's still a nice figure.

Can't really go wrong with either one, as they'll both turn out great.

Lol dude, don't get upset when I say this...I swear your post is like...on the cusp of saying its a crap figure, but you chose to be all diplomatic without stepping on anyone's toes, you end with "can't go wrong with either one"

Well I made feelings very clear. I voted for standard release.

Lol dude, don't get upset when I say this...I swear your post is like...on the cusp of saying its a crap figure, but you chose to be all diplomatic without stepping on anyone's toes, you end with "can't go wrong with either one"

Well I made feelings very clear. I voted for standard release.

No. I think it's a cool figure because to me it's essentially the same figure as the regular version, which I also think is a cool figure. However, don't get upset when I say it seems like you're merely projecting your own sentiments towards the figure vicariously through my post.

No. I think it's a cool figure because to me it's essentially the same figure as the regular version, which I also think is a cool figure. However, don't get upset when I say it seems like you're merely projecting your own sentiments towards the figure vicariously through my post.

Honestly I was joking with you bud. If it came off otherwise, my apologies.

Neither. I only need one Cap. I have the AoU figure. I think it's the best modernised take on a superhero who was written for comic books many decades ago, who frankly looks a bit silly in the modern MCU take of the genre. Phase 3 looks like it is starting to get a bit more costumey and superheroish, so visually he'll probably fit better from here on in.

I'm going with the regular CW version, mostly because I already pre-ordered it and don't own the AoU version :lol I'd love to display CW Cap with the damaged shield but the base wouldn't fit with the other figures in the CW line or in my collection in general. I might try to pick up the shield on ebay, but if the price isn't right I won't sweat it.

Original cw cap for me. The battling version has just dirty effects and not very major effects that can be seen. It is not even battle damaged except for the shield. No idea why people want that shield unless you are using it with black panther as it is scene specific unlike the avengers bd shield which you can use for most scenarios. Like Silverstar mentioned a bloody head sculpt and actual damage effects like a torn suit rather than battle weathering would have made this release different but piss me off due to its limited nature as I would get that. Thankfully this version lacks anything I would want over the regular cw cap. Also no desire for BP for now as 1. he may get another release in his solo film and 2. The suit's material seems to restrict posing which is vital for a character as agile as BP is, and the details on his suit need to stand out more which I think they maybfix before release.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm going with the regular CW version, mostly because I already pre-ordered it and don't own the AoU version :lol I'd love to display CW Cap with the damaged shield but the base wouldn't fit with the other figures in the CW line or in my collection in general. I might try to pick up the shield on ebay, but if the price isn't right I won't sweat it.

My sentiments also regarding the base.

It's a really cool diorama and provides a nice background to the overall figure display, but I do plan on picking up perhaps a few more CW figures and I feel that base may be a little incongruous with the other figures. I also don't like the fact that it apparently has no cradle stand and you essentially have to just free stand the figure on it.

Neither. I have the AoU version already. If anything I'll wait for Hot Toys to release the chain mail version of Captain America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c8533a463581986d017be573a7856b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither! I'm more than happy with my awesome AoU Cap figure! :rock

Unless something else is announced which grabs my fancy, I'll stick with AoU Cap. I may swap out Evans head sculpt if it looks better otherwise it serves my purpose just fine.

I POed the Battling version. I like the extras and would have not used any of the regular's faceplates because Im a museum poser so I prefer the BD shield and reused base.

If I were getting either it would be the promo one simply because of that display stand. So much cooler looking than the boring traditional CW one.

Regular one. first because I had already ordered him when this other was announced but also, I prefer the extra mouth to the shield which I can pick up later anyway. I also don't have aou cap so that makes a difference too.

Getting the Regular one. Maybe down the line I'll get the Battling one. I want to get the rest of the CW line first.

Back