Which EMPEROR PALPATINE 12" Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which version of 12" Palpatine would you want FIRST?

• ROTJ Classic EMPEROR

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • ROTS "red robe" PALPATINE (Mace duel)

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • ROTS cloaked PALPATINE (Yoda duel)

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters
Hopefully the wait will be over soon. Hopefully Palpatine will be one of the figures being announced at the SDCC. Since there's a new line coming up (and a probable flow of OT figures for the 30th anniversary), SS will most likely want to wrap up their current lines, so we'll definitely be seeing a Sith(s) and Jedi(s) at the SDCC. I place my bets on a ROTS version simply because it allows for the lightsaber, which is a must for the 12" figure which have always been dynamic. The PFs have always been made in the versions of the characters which we were first introduced to. There's Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan, and Vader as they first appeared in ANH, and Grevious as he appeared in ROTS. There shouldn't be any reason why this won't carry on to Palpatine, so there is a great chance for the ROTJ emperor PF.

Last edited:
I do too Justin, but I bet it will be ROTS, it just seems more likely. I bet we get an OT Hero and Scum, and a PT Sith. But Sith Lightning would be a fine Lightsaber replacement, plus we can get a Throne and backround display!

If it has to be ROTS Palpatine I really really hope it has two heads (humanoid and disfigured sith) and two sets of clothes (Mace Duel and Yoda Duel). Otherwise I want my Palpy ROTJ-i-ficated. :emperor

:emperor While I'd be fine with a RotJ Palpatine, I too think a RotS Mace Duel makes the most sense. First we have Mace and Kit, so we can already enact the second second of that fight. Then we also have Anakin so we can do Mace's severed hand or Sith crowning scenes. Plus we might get Sasae Tiin and Agen Kolar to go with them. For a RotJ Emperor, we'd really need Vader and a throne to complete the scene.

Interchangable hands and heads is a must for the RotS Palpatine. Disfigured and regular heads. Regular, deformed, lighting, and various lightsaber and force hands in those modes. The lightsabers as well. Perhaps a mid transform head as the exlcusive or a Sith robe after the fight (kinda sucks, but they did it for Qui-Gon).

Even though the red outfit (which is called the burgundy silk outfit in the "Dressing a Galaxy" book) is complex, SS should be able to pull it off. There's the red overrobe with the zig-zag design, which could be the hardest part to make, and underneath that is the dark red ruched robe with the designs and signature Chancellor Palpatine puffy sleeves. Underneath that red outfit underneath with the red band over his stomach (which the ROTS visual dictionary calls a band of high office or something), although it isn't a flowing robe that reaches the floor like the first two on top of it. This one ends a little below waist, and rest is red pants (kinda like Palpy's TPM senator outfit) which bears a small resemblance to Dooku's outfit minus the cape. I can't wait to see how this outfit will turn out on the 12" figure, and I hope they'll give us the hooded sidious robe to throw over it like this:
palpatine-destroy-mirror.jpg

Back