Where is the Best Place to Buy when not Buying from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought two HT figures from Toy Anxiety, great service! I have some pre-orders with Alter Ego, heard nothing but good things about them.

Whatever you do, DON'T buy from AP Collectibles! :mad::mad::mad:

I preordered the Ghost Rider w/Hellcycle figure and then confirmed with them my order. Then when I went back on their site to check the status of my order, I saw it was cancelled!

They said I had two accounts (which I wasn't aware of) and one had a "Sam Flynn Light cycle" on order. WTF!? They kept the one i did not order and cancelled my Ghost Rider! They have all my info, yet did not notify me! So all this time waiting I thought I had GR ordered.

I emailed them several times about this, and when I got tired of waiting for a response, I had to refer to eBay to preorder GR at about a hundred bucks more! Never again! :gah:

Last edited:
If it is a HT figure - I pre-order with alteregocomics. If it is a Medicom figure or Enterbay - I go through a few friends of mine in Asia to get them.

I highly recommend alteregocomics. I just pre-ordered the new HT Superman figure from them 10 mins ago. 2 actually - one for use with Eric's HS hehe.

Big Bad Toy Store is the best for an overseas customer for me, no charging on credit card until item is in stock. No problems in cancellation. Excellent customer service. Ive been refunded quickly for recieving 'NECA' items which came broken in the clamshell. I will stress on the Excellent customer service AGAIN because thats VERY important for an overseas customer like me. Also they are prompt with replies to any query and VERY helpful.

Oh yeah. BBTS is excellent too. I forgot about them. They also have great steals from time to time.

I just had a pretty awful experience with Toys2. I know Eric has a good rep on the boards here. I won't go into the details again, but be very careful if you are pre-ordering from him. He misquoted shipping to me on Ghost Rider 6 months ago and then rather then biting the bullet on his mistake, he refused to ship it until my Tron Cycle came in (at some undetermined point in the future!). So I had to cancel the whole thing and re-order from somewhere else. He cost me over $100, so I can't recommend his store anymore.

I do recommend "Loontentoys" on ebay. If you want your HT releases a lot earlier than everyone else. He is very reliable, and his shipping is excellent. Always answers mails, generally 100% positive.

hi,

has anyone pre-ordered or bought some hot toys from BEST COMICS? thanks

I love Alter Ego. They are only 1 day from me for shipping...so if I order something it takes a max of 2 days to get it. Plus the prices are great and the packing is also well done.

I love Alter Ego, and their customer service is second to none. I ordered the Chernabog maquette as a gift for a friend through them last year. The statue arrived, I checked to make sure it wasn't damaged in shipping, and put it in wrapping paper for about three months. The day after his birthday, my friend let me know that the maquette had a broken light switch internal to the sculpt. Alter Ego had a return notice from Sideshow the next day, and worked with Sideshow to have the replacement sent directly. Absolutely top-notch!

I used to order a lot more stuff in the past, and liked CornerStore and Razorsedge.

I only ordered one bowen bust through best comics about 8 years ago, and that was a good experience (some sort of Hulk Exclusive - they handled it well.)

Many orders from Viking's Playground, never a problem. Plus, Aleksey usually discounts 5%-10%. What more could you ask?...PS

Back