Where is the Best Place to Buy when not Buying from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the mentioned dealers have my kudos and I would recommend each and every one of them.

To add, BigBadToyStore.com always gives good pricing and aren't fussy about cancellations.

I went ahead and placed the order with Alter Ego Comics. Wow, just wow...I ordered the Back in Black Spiderman and the Bowen Sinister and saved roughly $50; that DOESNT include the savings of not paying taxes like I would at Sideshow. I just hope it all works out and the customer service is as good as Sideshow's.

AlterEgo has been solid for me. Also, they offer reward points on every order of $50 dollars or more.

Always had top notch service and products from CornerstoreComics. Ryan and Thomas are really nice guys to deal with.

Do many of these places listed have cheaper shipping prices than Sideshow?

Darkshadow does.. I think its $6.50 (used to be $5) flat rate. You can save some serious $$$ that way, or at least a few bucks here and there. Usually if a figure doesn't have an exclusive I'll just buy from them to save 10% and a few bucks on shipping.

I've been buying from BigBadToyStore for quite a few years now, and have never had a problem. You can pre-order items, and they don't charge until they ship. Plus, since I'm in California, they don't charge tax, which is a plus. :D

Darkshadow does.. I think its $6.50 (used to be $5) flat rate. You can save some serious $$$ that way, or at least a few bucks here and there. Usually if a figure doesn't have an exclusive I'll just buy from them to save 10% and a few bucks on shipping.

So thats $6.50 for even big products such as PFs? :monkey1

It's $7.50 now, but that's still insanely cheap. Everyone's been jacking up shipping costs left and right, so a $1 price increase is nothing. Considering that some PFs can cost close to $50 to ship (e.g. Thor), $7.50 is a steal.

Adam and Dark Shadow Collectibles are among the best. I started collecting in April 07, and they're still my reseller of choice. He's got the standard reseller discount, the cheapest shipping, and great customer service. A lot of these statue resellers you can never get a hold of, but DSC always respond to e-mail and phone calls.

I had one experience with Cornerstore that left a bad taste in my mouth. Ordered a combat Endoskull that had the issue with the bad battery connection. I e-mailed them, and they basically told me it worked fine when they shopped and I was SOL. No offer for replacement or refund. Turns out I just had to finagle the battery, but the experience was enough for me to consider buying from them again. They do have good deals every now and then, but I feel like you're taking a risk if something is damaged.

I recommend www.tfaw.com I got my Batman 1/6 from them and also an Alien 1/6. I still have a Joker ordered from them as well. So far, haven't had a problem. :)

Back