What to do with PF Ms. Marvel EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakblo77

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So I recently sold a Ms. Marvel premium format exclusive and in the course of shipping, her arm snapped off and buyer returned her. So my dilemna is what to do with her. I could turn her over and collect the insurance. My hesitation with this option is my love for the hobby means more to me than the money. I think I'd rather have me or someone else who appreciates her have the piece, than see it possibly destroyed and have my money.

So I could try to sell her again "as is". If this is the case, I'd like to get at least my original $260 out of her. I just don't know the market on broken statues, though I have seen the head alone sell for over $200. Plus having to deal with more possible breaking issues and returns.

Or I can just keep her and fix her. The breaks are pretty clean so that would be easy enough. Its just a chip in the base where the arm made contact and some chips at the top of her black glove and elbow that I dont think I have the skill to fix. Luckily they would be on the back side of her, so you wouldn't see them (except chip on base)

I love the character, just was never that thrilled with her skin tone (thought she was too tan) and with lack of secure display area and 3 kids under the age of 10, felt she would be safer boxed up until a time she could be safely displayed. That time never came so decided to sell. So what would my fellow freaks do?

So I recently sold a Ms. Marvel premium format exclusive and in the course of shipping, her arm snapped off and buyer returned her. So my dilemna is what to do with her. I could turn her over and collect the insurance. My hesitation with this option is my love for the hobby means more to me than the money. I think I'd rather have me or someone else who appreciates her have the piece, than see it possibly destroyed and have my money.

So I could try to sell her again "as is". If this is the case, I'd like to get at least my original $260 out of her. I just don't know the market on broken statues, though I have seen the head alone sell for over $200. Plus having to deal with more possible breaking issues and returns.

Or I can just keep her and fix her. The breaks are pretty clean so that would be easy enough. Its just a chip in the base where the arm made contact and some chips at the top of her black glove and elbow that I dont think I have the skill to fix. Luckily they would be on the back side of her, so you wouldn't see them (except chip on base)

I love the character, just was never that thrilled with her skin tone (thought she was too tan) and with lack of secure display area and 3 kids under the age of 10, felt she would be safer boxed up until a time she could be safely displayed. That time never came so decided to sell. So what would my fellow freaks do?

Collect the insurance and buy the XM Ms. Marvel when it comes out.... win win :)

Well if you insured her through the carrier then you should definitely file a claim and get that money back. I don't believe you'd have to destroy the statue in that case. As for what to do with her afterwards, there is a market for Broken statues, generally to customizers and people that would fix her and resell. You may just want to look into getting her fixed yourself.

If it's usps then it's going to be a up hill battle. They are losing money so they don't like paying out at all costs. That is what I've learn from them. If it's other carriers should be fine.

It is usps and that's another reason I'm not that excited with prospect of filing a claim.

Here's some pics of the damage.
20140816_173809.jpg20140816_173950.jpg20140816_173918.jpg

Just try putting it to ebay, let the aftermarket determine your price
And please accept international sale for my bidding :)

I'd love for there to be a sticky thread in the for sale section of people just selling switch out parts or damaged parts they do not need.

I meant pictures of the shipping box to show the package was abused.

This most important. Otherwise they will turn you down even if the statue is broken inside. They don't care how it broke and will say it's not their fault. Unless the box was abuse then maybe you might get lucky. If the box is not damage enough you will lose big time.

Just try putting it to ebay, let the aftermarket determine your price
And please accept international sale for my bidding :)
Judging by all the PMs I've been getting, I might just give ebay another chance or offer her on the for sale board here.

I have to be honest, I don't think they will look at those photos and admit guilt. I am only on my cell phone, but the box doesn't look to have much damage.

I shipped with UPS once. They shipped my tv home from college at the time and in doing so broke it. I got the full insurance money after a few weeks and got to keep the tv. So hopefully you can file a claim with your carrier, get your money back (or at least some of it) and fix or sell the statue as is. Definitely worth it to file the claim though you shouldn't have to turn it over to the carrier! Good luck!

I have to be honest, I don't think they will look at those photos and admit guilt. I am only on my cell phone, but the box doesn't look to have much damage.

No they won't give it to you for that kind of box. Get a hockey stick and have so e fun with it first. Then file the claim. Otherwise you mostly like will lose. How do I know? It happen to me twice before I don't use them for statues anymore. Ups and fed ex. Excellent service!

Note: this phrase above is for entertainment purposes only. It is not intend to scam anyone. In no means do I agree to scam anyone.

Usps most likely will not admit fault to that image provided.
I suggest you either damage the box more or just leave it as is.

Usps has one of the worst customer service and to get damaged refund would probably take months.
I tried getting my money back after usps severely damaged my statue and they kept telling me to contact this department, contact this manager, contact this location and blah blah blah and in the end I gave up cause they were still "processing" after 2 months...

I love using fedex or ups to ship my stuff though!

GL with your transaction, hell I'll buy it off you if you want.
But it seems to be a simple quick fix and I'm pretty sure you can easily glue them back on and keep it in your collection

Back