What style/what type of gear do you want for Duke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duke's going to look almost as bad as Belloq and Indy on the Pro with that open shirt exposing that horrible neck connector. Christ, I'm gonna have to transplant all of these figures over to another body. Looks like Duke could use the Triad EVO or a Soldier Story for the neck and chest.

SIDESHOW: FIX THE PRO!

Duke's going to look almost as bad as Belloq and Indy on the Pro with that open shirt exposing that horrible neck connector. Christ, I'm gonna have to transplant all of these figures over to another body. Looks like Duke could use the Triad EVO or a Soldier Story for the neck and chest.

SIDESHOW: FIX THE PRO!

We all know the real reason you want the EVO. You don't need to justify it. :p

Don't have to. The Pro just sucks like airsoft guns. :p

Not sure I'd like that much. By all means keep the furrowed, determined brow like HT did for the Michael Scolefield sculpt. But that's one of the things that always annoyed me about Duke, an otherwise all around awesome figure... except his gay smile.

The smirk is what made Dukes character. It is a must.

In the card art he's holding Snow Job's laser rifle. I'd like that included as this figure's "fantasy" accessory (like CC's laser pistol). Then they can modernize his standard rifle for people who don't want the vintage throwback (similar to how they offered both an updated Ninjato sword and vintage scimitar with SE).

Snowjob's XMLR laser rifle is a must! It's practicaly the only gun they ever used on the 'toon!

Great ideas overall so far!

Classic look, definitely. By all means, include modern extras, like maybe an M-16 or something, as long as the classic equipment is there too. I don't want a modern looking helmet... too boring.

In retrospect, I'm recanting my wish for an early '90s rehash...
I'd like a more updated look for Duke, kind of an amalgam of all his different looks with '84-style cues, just like Snake-Eyes only had a few things (visor, falchion, bandolier, Uzi) that screamed "it's Snake-Eyes!" I definitely think he needs a new gun, maybe one that resembles his old one, (a SIG automatic rifle?) but he needs the bandolier and should be in approximately the same colors. While I wouldn't mind the laser rifle, I hope it's the exclusive as I could do without. And change the grin to a smirk if he's gotta smile!

All hopes aside, looking at the line from a realistic pov I've got a funny feeling they might lean towards something like the Resolute Duke. The colors are similar but he's got a flak vest (I think it's a flak, I can't remember), knee and elbow pads. Stripped of all that he'd be close to the beloved '84 version, but...yeah, he looks like a S.T.A.R.S. member. Given they could still include the bandolier for more display options like Snakes.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up, even though that JUMP pack has carried them pretty high. As close as they came to the original with the Trooper both Snakes and CC leaned toward the more relistic Reloaded versions. Odds aren't looking to good for the Duke.

I guess next year Sideshow will hit us up with Destro, Zartan, Crimson Guards, and definitely Tomax and Xamot since they're the leader of the Crimson Guards. As for Duke, his backpack might be an exclusive joint. I do think Duke should come with a modernized helment and gun. A modernized green helment or a camaflouge helment.

All hopes aside, looking at the line from a realistic pov I've got a funny feeling they might lean towards something like the Resolute Duke. The colors are similar but he's got a flak vest (I think it's a flak, I can't remember), knee and elbow pads. Stripped of all that he'd be close to the beloved '84 version, but...yeah, he looks like a S.T.A.R.S. member. Given they could still include the bandolier for more display options like Snakes.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up, even though that JUMP pack has carried them pretty high. As close as they came to the original with the Trooper both Snakes and CC leaned toward the more relistic Reloaded versions. Odds aren't looking to good for the Duke.

I actually like that Resolute Duke. If Sideshow go with that look I will be pleased. They can still have that 84 look with a more uptodate look. They could give Duke camaflouge pants, the vest can go over his 84 plad shirt.

Ya I dont mind that Duke, has a bit of a more modern interpretation to it

duke-var.jpg

There can be only one.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Don't have to. The Pro just sucks like airsoft guns. :p

Buy better quality airsoft guns then :p

Tokyo Mauri anyone?

I thikn you're probobly right about resoute duke, And since he's essentialy the 84 duke with a BP vest and kneepads, I'd be ok with this.

Give him his laser rifle, and an M4. As well as a bandolieer, and any other random accessories they want. Just don't make him tooo generic Sideshow... please...

Nah, I'll just buy a real gun and bust a cap in yo azz. :gun

Back